Gary 'the ears' Lineker is a prick - discuss

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Is Gary Lineker a massive fartfaced prick

• Yes

Votes: 31 26.7%
  • Super Yes

Votes: 18 15.5%
  • Bigger yes than his ears

Votes: 55 47.4%
  • No, I love the gooners

Votes: 12 10.3%

• Total voters
The funny thing is I don't even intend to vote for Tories at the next election. I'm going with the best Independant candidate I can find, if I bother at all. I realise that might put contribute to putting Labour in which will finally kill this country off but I simply won't be coerced in that way to vote for the Tories.

I've voted Tory most of my life but even I can't defend the mess they've made in the last few years. They had an 80 seat majority and what have they done with it?

I'll defend them from these ludicrous smears and accusations, but this bill is too little too late.

And one thing I do agree with our resident left wingers is that this bill is clearly designed by the Tories to try and save their bacon as the polling is so against them.

It is a cynical political move that should have been done years ago.

Of course those same resident lefties won't admit that the reason they are so vocally against this bill is that they are worried it might accomplish what the Tories are trying to accomplish.

All of this bullshit is just political posturing.
Politics is dead in this country - There is no candidate who remotely represent the average person.

Stop invading countries (overtly or covertly) and keep healthy borders and free speech. Probably too much to ask for these days.

Not sure your trying at all , number 3 in the post you refuted has the word invasion in it

fun laughing GIF
Oh yeah I did miss that one.

The thing is those terms don't belong to 1930's Germany, they have most likely been used before and after, so no point using it as a reference to the Nazis, it's just a way of trying to shut people up.

Yeah, I'm all for free speech but Lineker has used Twitter to try and liken Suella Braverman's immigration rhetoric to that of 1930's NSDAP/SA.

So now we can't say what we want without a load of gobshites yelling ''nazi''.

What a terrible quandary to find oneself in.

I mean, you want to scream hateful rhetoric towards people you dislike, but people keep telling you the words used are similar to the ones the Nazis used.

What a dilemma!

What a terrible quandary to find oneself in.

I mean, you want to scream hateful rhetoric towards people you dislike, but people keep telling you the word used are similar to the one the Nazis used.

What a dilemma!
Who's screaming?
Who do I dislike?
What have I posted that is hateful?

You're making shit up.

It’s language and context is everything

I hate it when Spurs lose , or I hate migrants . Context is everything .

The words swarm and invasion in the context used by the government about migrants is all about division in my opinion . It’s designed to strengthen resentment , I cannot see why you would use such language otherwise . You could be against migration and use far more temperate language but that is not being used . Why?

Last edited:
It’s language and context is everything

I hate it when Spurs lose , or I hate migrants . Context is everything in language

The words swarm and invasion in the context used by the government about migrants is all about division in my opinion . It’s designed to strengthen resentment , I cannot see why you would use such language otherwise . You could be against migration and use far more temperate language but that is not being used . Why?
Because the issue isn't migration per se, it's illegal migrants trying to sneak into the country, and there are criminal gangs running the operations.

''There is no definitive figure on the number of undocumented people in the UK. Recent estimates suggest it is between 800,000 and 1.2 million people, a larger proportion of the population than in comparable countries such as France, Spain, Switzerland and Portugal, where there are more routes to regularisation. The most significant region of origin for the UK’s undocumented population is Asia (52%) followed by Sub-Saharan Africa (20%), the Americas and non-EU Europe (16%) and the Middle East / North Africa (11%). ''

I'd call that an invading swarm.

clown GIF

Whenever you post now I hear Entry of the gladiators in my head while I'm reading it (that's the clown song)

I'll take that as yet another tacit admission that you've got no argument and that I'm right.

Because the issue isn't migration per se, it's illegal migrants trying to sneak into the country, and there are criminal gangs running the operations.

If it were truly about stopping these criminal gangs then the Gov't would setup safe and secure routes into the country. But they don't. Why is that? Because it's all yet more bullshit 'culture wars'.

It's all a distraction to keep you riled up and looking the other way when the Gov't fuck up or do something awful.

That is what you do not like , I at least understand that even if I do not agree that the problem is of the scale you believe it to be, as the vast majority of asylum claims are proven to be genuine .

That has nothing to do with the language used , let‘s not pretend traffickers will be put off by the language used , plus interviews with migrants have stated it will not deter them .

So a swarm of illegal migrants or an invasion of illegal migrants is simply red meat designed for the base and is all about division .

Why not say the current level of illegal migration is unsustainable, instead of incendiary rhetoric , we all know why , so let’s not pretend otherwise

Whether the migrants are illegal is very debatable under laws we helped to draft anyway . Braverman actually doubts her own bill is legal , so then they come out with Leftie Lawyer claptrap

Last edited:
If it were truly about stopping these criminal gangs then the Gov't would setup safe and secure routes into the country. But they don't. Why is that? Because it's all yet more bullshit 'culture wars'.

It's all a distraction to keep you riled up and looking the other way when the Gov't fuck up or do something awful.
It's about highlighting the problem, so many weak minded people just want to let them all in. The natives are already struggling with paying their bills or having to use food banks, without an added burden .

It's about highlighting the problem, so many weak minded people just want to let them all in. The natives are already struggling with paying their bills or having to use food banks, without an added burden .

You're blaming the wrong people here. That's the point.

Instead of criticising the people responsible for the fact that you're struggling with bills or having to use food banks, like... I don't know... maybe the people that have been in charge of the show for 13 years, you're blaming some poor, defenceless migrants. That's the whole idea of the distraction that is 'culture wars'.

Ask yourself this question.

"Who has a bigger affect on my daily life, the Government? Or a random Syrian refugee?"

"Who has a bigger effect on my daily life, the Government? Or a random Syrian refugee?"
Ah so the issue is just one random Syrian refugee.

Ok then, it's the big bad government referring to a random refugee as a ''swarm and invasion''.

I see no value in continuing this conversation.

''There is no definitive figure on the number of undocumented people in the UK. Recent estimates suggest it is between 800,000 and 1.2 million people, a larger proportion of the population than in comparable countries such as France, Spain, Switzerland and Portugal, where there are more routes to regularisation. The most significant region of origin for the UK’s undocumented population is Asia (52%) followed by Sub-Saharan Africa (20%), the Americas and non-EU Europe (16%) and the Middle East / North Africa (11%). ''

I'd call that an invading swarm.

Bump.

Back
Top Bottom