Gedson Fernandes

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Oh don’t tell me, the 90s were brilliant again and we all climbed in over the floodlights and did the can can and no one cared when we got hammered on a weekly basis, and ripped down the shelf and had a new manager every season...........everyone celebrated our seasonal our relegation battles, just a decade after winning the UEFA and challenging for the title.

No one wanted Sugar out, no one wanted better.....it was utopia back then and the team was applauded off every week.

Yaaaaaaaaaaaawn

Last edited:
Some fans are absolute fucking morons. Guessing a lot of them rarely leave their post code yet feel they're qualified to comment on a player they have absolutely no idea about.

Let's give him a go and see how he gets on. We splurged a (then) club record on a top, top goalscorer from spain once. One everyone knew about and had a huge boner for. And he was fucking USELESS.
Name/reputation/stats mean nothing.

On another note, I believe loan-to-buy is gonna be the way from now on and I believe other clubs will adopt it. There's a handful of clubs in the world that can afford to take £50m plus punts and not be bothered if the player fails. We aren't one of them.
If enough loanees fail, then it might just burst this ludicrous transfer bubble that's been growing for 5/6 years.

We ain't getting anyone
I am not a happy bunny this morning...
This is me and you Sean, pictured earlier.

The name of our slough is very much Despond

tumblr_o1xkjsQTBM1tn7avwo1_1280.jpg

Some facts about Fernandes:

- He came from an African island that was a colony of Portugal
- He was ‘sold’ to benfica for 250 euro and 25 footballs
- Both his parents live in London
- Doesn’t have a luxury lifestyle
- He ‘had’ a +100 million euro release clause
- Nicknamed Paco or Ghost
- Won the U17 championship with Portugal

Think Levy is doing loan deals because of the contract situations with Eriksen etc, doesn't want to be burned and also doesn't want to commit money outright for unproven talent.

Personally in this instance I think Levy is right, £43m for a player that has struggled to even get in the Benfica starting 11 is a huge risk, not sure why we have signed him tbh, we needed a DM and he isn't a DM imo.

However, I support any player that wears the shirt so I hope he proves me wrong and hits the ground running and if Jose wants him then I trust in his choice.

Thought Gedson showed real promise. Aggressive with ball skills. Hard to tell completely since the whole team is a mess. Think I would give him, Skipp, Parrott a lot of time going forward this season. Begin the summer training now.

Back
Top Bottom