Gedson Fernandes

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He had quite a job to help cover the right flank and middle of pitch. I was quite impressed. On the ball he is technically good and has a sharp burst of pace.

The upper body is just a visual gauge, it appears to me he has dropped 4-5kg upper body bulk, but that's just a guess from what I saw in 2018 when he was getting too big in chest size.
It's funny, you know; he packed on a good bit of muscle on top, but it did not benefit him in any way other than when the handbags came out.

I despair at his technical limitations. And I don't like his attitude, so I am very keen to part ways with him.

Gedson Fernades is a future project. Tall, fast and seems sound but he is also too lightweight. I don't understand why these new kids can't put on some weight. I have noticed our team seems to lack in that departement. When i was 15 i was scrawny but i did something about it.

It's funny, you know; he packed on a good bit of muscle on top, but it did not benefit him in any way other than when the handbags came out.

True be. It seemed you could see his goals and assists drop in direct correlation to his bulk increasing...

I despair at his technical limitations. And I don't like his attitude, so I am very keen to part ways with him.

Kind of agree, found myself thinking of Poch potentially taking over at Utd and them offering £80M type money, would snap their hands off.

But I do love his link with Kane and his drive and desire, it is just not in a dynamic enough body! Think Grealish is currently twice the player Dele is, sadly (partly as that means Utd will be trying to sign him, not Dele!).

It's clear though when fit, to me, Lamela is worth much more to the team dynamic, not as many goals and assists but will bulldoze into the press and help create the team dynamic akin to what Leipzig showed last night, something Dele simply cannot do (in fact he does the opposite with the way he halfheartedly runs towards a player most often, probably scared of injury as he knows he's carrying fatigue around too much).

Hes clearly got technical ability as evidenced by some nice touches but also seems to struggle to pass the ball in a straight line. Goes from the sublime to the ridiculous quite readily. Will be fun/frustrating to watch in his time with us

Since he has arrived he has shown a nice touch here and a nice touch there. From a defensive point of view, his pressing last night was really lacking in intensity, which was a problem throughout the team. And he didn't take good care of the ball when he had it. In fact, he fucked it away so cheaply at times that it was difficult to know what he was thinking. He was ball-watching as Angelino zoomed past him in the second half to lay on that really good chance for Schick.

Impact sub who can run at tired legs and nothing more. Levy needed a cheap body to fill in for the absence of Sissoko. At the end of the day this is a kid who was struggling for playing time in Portugal and so I've always tempered my expectations.

Impact sub who can run at tired legs and nothing more. Levy needed a cheap body to fill in for the absence of Sissoko. At the end of the day this is a kid who was struggling for playing time in Portugal and so I've always tempered my expectations.
I hope you are wrong, I think you are right.
More importantly it seems like the kid himself takes the same view.
I hope I am am wrong.

JJ was a feeble little footballer that didn't achieve fuck all in his career. His time has been and gone, Gedson is a kid just starting out. Jenas as your source? Come on mate stop having a laugh.

You also said you remembered seeing JM chatting to Gedson at HT but he didn't take the instructions. Stop talking nonsense about a kid we know very little about, he's Spurs stop jumping on him so early on about nothing at all that's true or got substance!
He won a league cup medal, that's one more medal than Kane and most of our players have

Back
Top Bottom