Gedson Fernandes

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

They pay the manager £15m a year!

If they didn’t care about winning anything we could have Eddie Howe in charge for a quarter of that salary. They might not care about winning as much as the fans but they do care. Just not enough to spend the big money.
They primarily want top 4 though, Jose is tried and tested in that area. Howe is not. Top 4 is worth far more than 15 million a year.

I really don't understand what we are trying to achieve at the minute, doesn't look like there is a plan, just occasionally bringing in young players in the hope that if you throw enough darts one of them will be the next Dele Alli
The first 11 is in desperate need of a LB, RB and a DM. yet tumbleweed from the club
We need to be doing both.

It's quite odd because Levy, the CEO of the company, should acknowledge the fact that Levy, the DOF, is doing a terrible job and just employ someone who's good at it. It might be that he just wants to control this as well. Not sure if I like this.

Or, radical idea, let the manager buy the players he wants, not the players Levy thinks might turn a profit in 5 years

Or, radical idea, let the manager buy the players he wants, not the players Levy thinks might turn a profit in 5 years

When Poch had his say, he picked Aurier ahead of Pereira. Coaches aren't necessarily good at spotting players. Klopp wasn't keen on Salah, as it was already mentioned here.

I say we need a Director of Football and new personnel in the scouting network.

When Poch had his say, he picked Aurier ahead of Pereira. Coaches aren't necessarily good at spotting players. Klopp wasn't keen on Salah, as it was already mentioned here.

Issue with a DOF is they are either;

- appointed by/alongside the manager......in which case you may as well just let the manager sign the players
- appointed at odds to the manager......in which case they often fall out and one or both get sacked

Issue with a DOF is they are either;

- appointed by/alongside the manager......in which case you may as well just let the manager sign the players
- appointed at odds to the manager......in which case they often fall out and one or both get sacked

There's that too. There's also the possibility he might just turn out to be shite. It's a gamble I guess...

You were so good then, because a lesser person would have pointed out Mourinho didn't want Salah either or KDB....I feel faint going to have sit down.

Coaches aren't necessarily good at spotting players.....

Bang on the money. I think it’s actually rare for a coach to be a top scout too. Flip it around and some of the best mangers were not good coaches. You need the right people in the right roles. I think it’s obvious that we have some gaps that need plugging in our “team” and a DoF might well help.

best scout Tottenham ever had was Bill Nicolson. Best manager we ever had was Bill Nicholson too, but I’d bet no one would say he was the best coach too.

You short term thinkers don't get it. Just wait till he comes good in 2028. & you just wait until Roman sells Chelsea when he's 80 & leaves them with debt. & all they will have to show is 40 years of success & trophies. Then it will be our time to shine*.
* as long as no other owners decide to invest heavily on their teams.
Nah, our stadium and training grounds will be old and skanky by then.

Bang on the money. I think it’s actually rare for a coach to be a top scout too. Flip it around and some of the best mangers were not good coaches. You need the right people in the right roles. I think it’s obvious that we have some gaps that need plugging in our “team” and a DoF might well help.

best scout Tottenham ever had was Bill Nicolson. Best manager we ever had was Bill Nicholson too, but I’d bet no one would say he was the best coach too.

Redknappfor DoF. Great eye for a player.

Any one else not excited by this signing?

Obviously prepared to wait and see how he does but how does this solve an immediate need for us?
He's not a DM and is largely unproven.

The only hope I have for the direction this club is going is that Mourinho was willing to come

Why would he agree to come here and work with the usual bargain basement scraps

Surely promises were made to him ?

Back
Top Bottom