Giovani Lo Celso

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Keeps proving he's our engine. We missed a chance to pair him and bruno together with a proper destroyer. That with Son and Kane, with lucas and bergwin and Gedson and skipp and sissoko and lamela and dele to rotate would have been one of the best midfields and attacking lineups in the league, if not the best.

We can still be pretty bad ass next season. Spend 200 million on our defensive line up like liverpool did with alisson and van djik (and later arnold) and we can soon be title contenders.

Keeps proving he's our engine. We missed a chance to pair him and bruno together with a proper destroyer. That with Son and Kane, with lucas and bergwin and Gedson and skipp and sissoko and lamela and dele to rotate would have been one of the best midfields and attacking lineups in the league, if not the best.

We can still be pretty bad ass next season. Spend 200 million on our defensive line up like liverpool did with alisson and van djik (and later arnold) and we can soon be title contenders.
We definitely need to learn from this and target players with a similar profile to Lo Celso. Guys with some bite who will bust a gut and have fast decision making. Real pains in the arse for the opposition.

TBH, I fear Ziyech will offer this for Chelsea.

What a player. Drives us forward, great passes and tenacious. It’s unfortunate Son and Kane aren’t on the pitch because he’s on form right now and I think those two would love to be getting service from him

He will be a star I truly believe we can build around this kid

See the above quote actually scares the shit out of me. Even in the little we initially saw of the lad he looked like a class player. I worry how Jose did not see it. It's not even as problematic or stop start as N'dombele (and by the way any half decent coach could fix him pretty quickly imho). Why did he not believe? I'm not going to tell lies the more I see us under him and more he talks the less likely I think we win anything or get any where under him

See the above quote actually scares the shit out of me. Even in the little we initially saw of the lad he looked like a class player. I worry how Jose did not see it. It's not even as problematic or stop start as N'dombele (and by the way any half decent coach could fix him pretty quickly imho). Why did he not believe? I'm not going to tell lies the more I see us under him and more he talks the less likely I think we win anything or get any where under him
Ya I like how this gets swept under the rug. Mou not recognizing Lo Celso's talent is depressing.

Class. End of.

One question. Who wanted him and who wanted Tanguy?. The answer to that solves the mystery of the “committee” v Poch.

I am no Poch fan boy. But it’s very possible Poch wanted Gio and the Committee used data analytics to pick Ndombele. It won’t matter much if they both come good, but..........I remember too well that Poch rant about only being the coach when we had signed Ndombele and not Gio at that stage. Could be 2+2 = 5 though.

Class. End of.

One question. Who wanted him and who wanted Tanguy?. The answer to that solves the mystery of the “committee” v Poch.

I am no Poch fan boy. But it’s very possible Poch wanted Gio and the Committee used data analytics to pick Ndombele. It won’t matter much if they both come good, but..........I remember too well that Poch rant about only being the coach when we had signed Ndombele and not Gio at that stage. Could be 2+2 = 5 though.

I thought he wanted both one to replace Dembele and one to replace the leaving Eriksen.

In fairness if we get Ndombele fit (somehow) with Lo Celso playing so well we have pretty much done the job.

I thought he wanted both one to replace Dembele and one to replace the leaving Eriksen.

In fairness if we get Ndombele fit (somehow) with Lo Celso playing so well we have pretty much done the job.
I’m honestly not sure and not doing much more than speculating, I don’t recall if Poch was happy with Ndombele or not ( or especially vocal or not).

Back
Top Bottom