Giovani Lo Celso

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

They are both 100% Pochettino. N'dombele even said that it was Poch commitment to his development that swung him choosing us. It may also account for some of his struggles he had brought in to Pochettino the man. Which to he fair many did his personal charisma was an asset. But Tanguy was the one Poch want the most

They are both 100% Pochettino. N'dombele even said that it was Poch commitment to his development that swung him choosing us. It may also account for some of his struggles he had brought in to Pochettino the man. Which to he fair many did his personal charisma was an asset. But Tanguy was the one Poch want the most
Poch however was also quick to point out Tanguy's fitness issues. So it's not exclusive to Mourinho. He was just maybe a bit more smooth about how he worded it.

The only consistent performer recently and the only one who gives me hope that he can turn us around - that's a lot of responsibility on his shoulders.
Yes agree Mrs P he is a diamond in the rough we so nearly missed signing.
(No more cruise ships Mrs P stay safe)

I’m honestly not sure and not doing much more than speculating, I don’t recall if Poch was happy with Ndombele or not ( or especially vocal or not).
We wanted both and it’s obvious why. Dembele had gone and Eriksen was going.

I’ve still got faith in them forming a quality partnership with a proper DM backing them up.

The only consistent performer recently and the only one who gives me hope that he can turn us around - that's a lot of responsibility on his shoulders.
Couldn’t agree more, he was one of the few bright spots of the season. I really hope this guy is going to turn out to be a big performer in the Spurs midfield over the next few seasons.

Because we are struggling in the middle of the park at the moment he's being used there to help us dictate the game a bit. It would be nice to see him further up the pitch at some point.

What bad take is that then? Because I don’t massively overate a player who has barely played for us.

Not sure what you qualify as 'massively overrate' but anybody who watched us play in the calendar year would be able to tell you that Gio offered way more from midfield in progressive passing, creating chances and linking midfield with attack (and even picking up from defence) than our other options did.

He was clearly a level above most of the rest of our team, particularly towards the end of the frozen season. At his age and with his work rate it's not hard to be excited about a player who could, in time, easily fill in an Eriksen shaped creative hole in our midfield.

Back
Top Bottom