Giovani Lo Celso

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We thought that we were getting Eriksen's heir. But in truth we got ourselves a new Modric instead. I see a lot more of Luka in him than Christian.
I really like him. But to be honest I haven't seen enough of him playing in a settled position within a settled squad to pin him down to what his roles is. This doesn't have to be a bad thing I like versatile players, it's just I can't put labels on a player that I've only just started to watch and who has been played all over the place (or as a result of how we play can't play where he was supposed to).

I thought he was good last night BUT just take a look at the highlights of him I posted above, apart from the one shimmy and dribble in the 2nd half they aren't particularly scintillating stuff. I think we are all perhaps getting a bit ahead of ourselves because the team has been performing shit and he's been one of the brighter performers within that side.

I hope that doesn't come across too downbeat, I'm just trying to look objectively at his impact. But I absolutely do believe we've got a decent player on our hands.

Should've got Lo Celso and Bruno
its clear to me as talented as Gio is , he isn't Eriksen. Buying him as Eriksen's replacement was poor on whoever decided that.
He is much more of an all rounder than Eriksen. Absolutely tremendous player, only thing missing at the moment is a goal threat which I am sure will come from him

We have got a good player that could become a very good player for us over time

But people are definitely going way overboard right now

Back
Top Bottom