Giovani Lo Celso

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Ultimately I think Jose is missing the pieces to be able to field Ndombele effectively, while Ndombele has probably trained a little less hard/different than JM likes. The whole truth probably cuts a bit both ways.

Here's hoping we reinforce where we need to and that Ndombele picks up some can do attitude from the likes of Lo Celso and Lamela and we end up with a super team next year who can rarely be scored on. COYS!

The Portuguese boss said: "I came to the club and he wasn't playing. I think the only match he started was Red Star Belgrade away in the Champions League - apart from that he was not playing.

"When I arrived I went in other directions and he did exactly what I love a player to do: 'I'm going to show you'.

"[There was] no spoiled kid reactions, no crying, no moaning, no agents and family throwing messages to the press and to the social media. It was just between him and me: 'I'm going to show you', and he showed me step-by-step.

"The way he was working every day, the way he was coming to matches, the way he was changing matches.

"I remember the match against Liverpool: he was on the bench, he came on for the last half-an-hour and he changed the game. The only thing that didn't happen was us changing the result because we were so unlucky, but he changed the game.

"When he had his first start: 'Goodbye, I give you no chance and this place is mine'.

The Portuguese boss said: "I came to the club and he wasn't playing. I think the only match he started was Red Star Belgrade away in the Champions League - apart from that he was not playing.

"When I arrived I went in other directions and he did exactly what I love a player to do: 'I'm going to show you'.

"[There was] no spoiled kid reactions, no crying, no moaning, no agents and family throwing messages to the press and to the social media. It was just between him and me: 'I'm going to show you', and he showed me step-by-step.

"The way he was working every day, the way he was coming to matches, the way he was changing matches.

"I remember the match against Liverpool: he was on the bench, he came on for the last half-an-hour and he changed the game. The only thing that didn't happen was us changing the result because we were so unlucky, but he changed the game.

"When he had his first start: 'Goodbye, I give you no chance and this place is mine'.
Sure, it's easy to look back and say I told you so but I feel like a lot of Spurs fans were really calling for him to play more. I'm not sure what Jose wasn't seeing. Ndombele had a laid back reputation before he arrived at Spurs so I'm guessing he didn't react how Lo Celso did, if Jose challenged him like that.

Sorry but he really let himself and the team down today.... atrocious performance from him both going forward and defending. And as if it wasn't enough that he played like shit - he totally lost his head towards the end and stopped trying, making sloppy tackles and preferred to pick fights with players 3 feet taller than himself.

Good player but people going way overboard as usual comparing him to Modric and dembele

He has a long way to go before he can be mentioned with those two

Shouldn't be playing deeper than Sissoko for a start.
Fucking THIS. What the fuck is that all about?

So just to accommodate a shit footballer in the team we have to have Gio picking up the ball from the CB’s and nullify any threat he has.

I don’t get it, we’d be better off with winks or skipp there.

Last edited:
We need a proper midfield 2 vs Everton to allow Lo Celso to play further forward. Skipp and Winks is something I’d like to see.

For someone that got on the ball so much he has to be more effective, his final ball is just not quite good enough. He is a little too safe with possession and doesn't make enough happen compared to Eriksen IMO, I do like his workrate and have more faith that he has the ability to improve, but I have some growing doubts about his suitability in the side at the moment. Set pieces far too inconsistent, defensively a little green.

We need more from him, especially at that money.

Back
Top Bottom