Giovani Lo Celso

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He was bad yesterday but to be fair so was everyone and I'll forgive him since this is the first time I've seen him play this badly
But as said above , I feel bad for him because many fans thought he was an Eriksen replacement , I'm not sure he is that , he's just maybe a more advanced CM.
That's why we needed Bruno + This guy but oh well..

For someone that got on the ball so much he has to be more effective, his final ball is just not quite good enough. He is a little too safe with possession and doesn't make enough happen compared to Eriksen IMO, I do like his workrate and have more faith that he has the ability to improve, but I have some growing doubts about his suitability in the side at the moment. Set pieces far too inconsistent, defensively a little green.

We need more from him, especially at that money.

Did I read correctly that his combined tally of goals and assists in 21 league games this season is 0?

Bruno Fernandes is on 8 in 8 league games.

That statistic shocked and depressed me.

Did I read correctly that his combined tally of goals and assists in 21 league games this season is 0?

Bruno Fernandes is on 8 in 8 league games.

That statistic shocked and depressed me.
One goal in the Champions League against shitty Red Star and one goal in the FA Cup against Middlesborough, in 16 starts and 1400 minutes of football.

7 yellow cards though, likes a kick when it's not going his way tbh.

For someone that got on the ball so much he has to be more effective, his final ball is just not quite good enough. He is a little too safe with possession and doesn't make enough happen compared to Eriksen IMO, I do like his workrate and have more faith that he has the ability to improve, but I have some growing doubts about his suitability in the side at the moment. Set pieces far too inconsistent, defensively a little green.

We need more from him, especially at that money.

Mourinho is playing him as the deepest midfielder. He’s not going to contribute a massive amount picking the ball up from the CB’s is he?

Also people comparing him to Bruno don’t understand that Bruno is being played just behind the striker, if we did the same with Lo Celso I am sure we would be seeing more productivity from him.

He could have had 3 assists against West Ham. Harry missed that chance, son’s was ruled offside and the corner own goal counts as his assist.

One goal in the Champions League against shitty Red Star and one goal in the FA Cup against Middlesborough, in 16 starts and 1400 minutes of football.

7 yellow cards though, likes a kick when it's not going his way tbh.

I would have felt that he had been one of our best players over the season, even if he did have a complete off day against Sheffield United. I was surprised to read that stat of 0 goals or assists in 21 league games, little or no end product.

Bruno Fenandes is running the show against Bournemouth again today. A beautiful pass to Greenwood for their first goal and he’s now scored a peach of a free kick. They were a few points behind us in the table when he joined at the end of January. They’re a team transformed since.

Lo Celso has done well in his first season in the midst of such a horror show all round him. We really fucked up though not getting Bruno Fernandes last summer when it was there for the taking.

I would have felt that he had been one of our best players over the season, even if he did have a complete off day against Sheffield United. I was surprised to read that stat of 0 goals or assists in 21 league games, little or no end product.

Bruno Fenandes is running the show against Bournemouth again today. A beautiful pass to Greenwood for their first goal and he’s now scored a peach of a free kick. They were a few points behind us in the table when he joined at the end of January. They’re a team transformed since.

Lo Celso has done well in his first season in the midst of such a horror show all round him. We really fucked up though not getting Bruno Fernandes last summer when it was there for the taking.
United paid €55m, with another €25m in bonuses/clauses. (€80m total possibly)

So €15m made the difference. That's depressing tbh.
I got a fair number of disagrees (not that I really care tbh) for saying that I thought he was a better player than GLC, missed out on exactly the type of player we are crying out for currently tbh. €15m difference.

He's a fucking smasher.

I got a fair number of disagrees (not that I really care tbh) for saying that I thought he was a better player than GLC, missed out on exactly the type of player we are crying out for currently tbh. €15m difference.

He's a fucking smasher.

Bruno Fernandes looks a sensational player and on the evidence of what we’ve seen of both of them in England so far, a better player than Lo Celso.

It's like the Modric/David Silva comparisons all over again.

Different players completely.

Bruno Fernandes has been great though, no question about it.

I love GLC, but watching United game after game with Fernandes, the guy is a freaking wizard. Incredible vision, always makes the incisive pass, a threat virtually every time the ball is at his feet.

I love GLC, but watching United game after game with Fernandes, the guy is a freaking wizard. Incredible vision, always makes the incisive pass, a threat virtually every time the ball is at his feet.

Solsjkaer has done a very simple thing at United, especially after the restart

He's played two players in the middle of the park, who are brilliant passers and always looking forward, put a defensive midfielder behind them to ease their responsibilities and put quick willing runners in front of them.

If only we had two players in the middle of the park who could pass the ball, whilst always looking forward and players in front of them who like to get in behind.

I agree--I've been so impatient to see Ndombele and GLC together for some real minutes.

I can understand Jose perhaps not wanting them to play together in his stubborn 4231 - I'm just surprised he hasn't tried them with either his beloved Sissoko in DM behind them or with Skipp with the instruction of "Play the Matic role"

But hey, Jose knows best.

I can understand Jose perhaps not wanting them to play together in his stubborn 4231 - I'm just surprised he hasn't tried them with either his beloved Sissoko in DM behind them or with Skipp with the instruction of "Play the Matic role"

Yes--a 4-3-3 with Skipp as a #6 just feels like an obvious thing to try. I'm with you in being mystified by this devotion to Sissoko, but even there, it's blindingly obvious that he has literally no idea what to do with the ball at his feet going forward. If Jose insists on starting him and likes the cover he provides the idiot Aurier, why not in a #6 position? Is he incapable of the positional discipline required to sit back?

What the moron above doesn't understand is that at the time that was said it was common knowledge Bruno Fernandes would cost between 60 and 70 milion - whilst Lo Celso had an £88,000,000 buy out clause upon signing for Betis that very summer.

No one envisioned Levy pulling Betis' pants down by getting him on loan and then even cheaper than his market value.

Then again, I also said we weren't going to sign both.

Suppose he won't see this though as he's put me on ignore. Though surprised he hasn't took me off considering he likes going through my posts so much.

Good player GLC and a talent, but let’s be honest, he hasn’t set the prem on fire anywhere near Fernandes has for United. Now, that’s a proper signing that. He has totally transformed United single handily.

Good player GLC and a talent, but let’s be honest, he hasn’t set the prem on fire anywhere near Fernandes has for United. Now, that’s a proper signing that. He has totally transformed United single handily.
Oh shut up.
Single handily?

Pogba is clearly their best player.

And Lo Celso isn't playing what he's supposed. He's AMF, number 10, not partner to Sissoko... fucking hell people.

Bruno is really good, but don't overhype him.

Oh shut up.
Single handily?

And Lo Celso isn't playing what he's supposed. He's AMF, number 10, not partner to Sissoko... fucking hell people.

No I won’t shut up you twat. 8 assists and goals in his last 8 games is proof in the pudding you idiot. He has completely transformed that team, ask any United fan. Another one bites the dust from the all so great bald one Levy

Oh shut up.
Single handily?

Pogba has only comeback since the restart and United’s form has been excellent since Bruno joined them. I don’t think there’s any overhyping with Bruno, he’s the real deal.

GLC was getting POTS shouts despite starting only 2 more games for us than Bruno Fernandes has for United.

I’ll always prefer a play like Lo Celso because he’s seems to have an all around game, Bruno is more influential in the final third. GLC hasn’t scored in the PL yet but he proved last year he can scoreand assist regularly.

Back
Top Bottom