Giovani Lo Celso

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hopefully GLC is nearing full fitness because our attack is much stronger with him in the final third. Fast becoming one of my favourite players in the current squad.

lets hope messi doesnt tap him up for barca

Messi is still Fewming at Barcelona for their treatment of Suarez, basically said he'd stay to avoid bringing the club to court. He was skeptical of Koeman then Koeman says Messi's not above anyone in this team,

I think we'll be okay.

Lots of very positive comments from International managers - after Page at Wales saying Bale was fitter, healthier and happier than in years, we now have Scaloni praising LoCelso for his marked improvement after he replaced Palacios, and no doubt with Palacios now out starting him with Gonzalez in tonight's game against Peru.

Unfortunately that means he will come back knackered on Wednesday/Thursday ... but his confidence like Bale's must be sky high.

Do you know where he played in that game?
Only saw highlights but I’m pretty sure he was an 8, going by comments I’ve seen around the web and Twitter:
Argentina boss Lionel Scaloni had to call upon the Spurs star just half an hour into their World Cup qualifier against Paraguay following a pretty serious injury to Exequiel Palacios, and playing as a no.8, he absolutely thrived.

Per SofaScore, Lo Celso recorded five tackles, three key passes (one more than Lionel Messi) and one successful dribble. He also made 88% of his 50 passing attempts, had 64 touches and won ten of 17 duels, so he was heavily involved.
“From his entry (due to Palacios ‘injury) Argentina lifted, due to his dynamics and vertical play. He was the owner of the team,” they added.
After a cruel foul on palacios that went unpunished, lo celso came in and started to add more balance in the midfield. He was able to find the right moments to advance from his 8 position covering gonzalez and completely dominate the exact position that acuna never mastered when he played in midfield in the past games and that palacios was too hesitant to attack today. However with no direct threats in the half, and alario being missed, the paraguayans were able to compact the middle and nullify the attacks.
Lo Celso is a player who is till now not established his spot due to injuries at wrong time. I think he will have to be played more with Paredes and De paul. Players like him and Palacios takes some creative burden from Messi’s shoulder.

Mundo Albiceleste is an amusing read - they’re too busy fighting over the coach and the gk to really talk about Lo Celso, but everyone agrees he changed the game and must be a starter, lots of comments that he speeds up the play and makes them look more fluid even though no one’s quite sure how 😅. In the fantasy formations I’ve seen them posting they usually have him as part of a three man mid in front of a DM, not no 10.

Lots of very positive comments from International managers - after Page at Wales saying Bale was fitter, healthier and happier than in years, we now have Scaloni praising LoCelso for his marked improvement after he replaced Palacios, and no doubt with Palacios now out starting him with Gonzalez in tonight's game against Peru.

Unfortunately that means he will come back knackered on Wednesday/Thursday ... but his confidence like Bale's must be sky high.
Lo Celso is obviously better than Palacios.

It's really difficult to understand Argentina selections - not just now; in general. They always have a very talented team - at least from the first midfielder to the striker - yet their managers always pick the wrong options.

My generation - grew up in the 90's - didn't see Argentina win a World Cup. And Messi, who is Messi, couldn't change History for them. I'd love to see it. Even though I'm Brazilian, I love Argentina and the way they play football.

Who knows, maybe they need a new leader. A younger left-footed hero. A charismatic midfielder. A handsome man.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom