Giovani Lo Celso

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

No I’m not saying for Lo Celso to be a DM more so an all round midfielder. Unfortuently, the reason we have two DM in the team is because our defence is not solid. If we had a better defence, that would help us rely less on the two DMs so that Lo Celso could be that second midfielder

The problem is we don't have two DM in our squad, just because Sissoko is shit on the ball doesn't make him a DM.

He is terrible at reading the play, is a poor tackler, is not particularly strong or good in the air to defend crosses/free kicks/corners.

The only reason he is considered anything remotely close to a DM is because he sucks too much to be considered anything else.

The problem is we don't have two DM in our squad, just because Sissoko is shit on the ball doesn't make him a DM.

He is terrible at reading the play, is a poor tackler, is not particularly strong or good in the air to defend crosses/free kicks/corners.

The only reason he is considered anything remotely close to a DM is because he sucks too much to be considered anything else.
The best description of Sissoko, EVER.

you are cutting out sissokos qualities though. he is very quick and strong. probably our best midfielder for stopping quick breaks from the opposition. Locelso and winks simply dont have the power and pace to get back quickly when we lose the ball high up

you are cutting out sissokos qualities though. he is very quick and strong. probably our best midfielder for stopping quick breaks from the opposition. Locelso and winks simply dont have the power and pace to get back quickly when we lose the ball high up

Lo Celso is much better at stopping breaks because he can actually read the play and stop them before they get too far.

Sissoko is so often out of the play that people get impressed on the few times he actually works to get back so it looks like he "puts in work" or is very quick but the reality is more often than not he is trying to recover from a play he should have made earlier.

As for him being strong he has repeatedly looked pretty weak getting beat on high balls this season, highlighted by him doing nothing on the West Ham goal earlier this year.

Lo Celso definitely has the pace to get back, he is a better tackler than Sissoko when he does get back and even better he is so much better at stopping the attack so that he doesn't have to drop back so deep as Sissoko does.

Lo Celso is much better at stopping breaks because he can actually read the play and stop them before they get too far.

Sissoko is so often out of the play that people get impressed on the few times he actually works to get back so it looks like he "puts in work" or is very quick but the reality is more often than not he is trying to recover from a play he should have made earlier.

As for him being strong he has repeatedly looked pretty weak getting beat on high balls this season, highlighted by him doing nothing on the West Ham goal earlier this year.

Lo Celso definitely has the pace to get back, he is a better tackler than Sissoko when he does get back and even better he is so much better at stopping the attack so that he doesn't have to drop back so deep as Sissoko does.
dumpest thing I've ever heard. how the hell Gio can predict what's gonna happen in the pitch. he has some kind of shaman eye?

dumpest thing I've ever heard. how the hell Gio can predict what's gonna happen in the pitch. he has some kind of shaman eye?

What?

No he, like many players, can read where the opponent is planning to pass the ball.

It is not magic and a fairly common occurrence on the field.

What?

No he, like many players, can read where the opponent is planning to pass the ball.

It is not magic and a fairly common occurrence on the field.
quick break can happen anytime anywhere and when you lose possession in the transition you are likely to be out of position. when this happens, you just have to track back as fast as possible. it really doesn't matter how good you are at reading defense

ok, sorry maybe dumb question, whats he good at that continual managers are selecting him? is it a team balance thing? cant be just his motor? when he starts whats our record ? maybe its perfect(ish)?

ok, sorry maybe dumb question, whats he good at that continual managers are selecting him? is it a team balance thing? cant be just his motor? when he starts whats our record ? maybe its perfect(ish)?

I think one of the best things he is is healthy.

I think the vast majority of fans, media, pundits would have us playing Lo Celso in front of him but there have been fitness concerns with him.

Last year I am sure the plan was that Ndombele would come in to replace pieces in the MF but he had his issues, Lo Celso brought in as well with fitness issues, so it doesn't seem like the team was very happy with their MF play but Sissoko is there so he plays.

Even now how often do you hear "who else" when talking about Sissoko.

I think what many managers also buy into is the idea of what he brings, even for managers this can be a tough thinking to break. He has the reputation as being solid defensively and being able to put in a shift or some other such nonsense. I think most managers are naturally risk adverse so they think that putting out a guy like Sissoko is "safer" than a better player like Lo Celso even though that is clearly not true,

As for Deschamps he just seems like an idiot. I don't know how the biggest Sissoko fan could ever try to argue that he should be ahead of Ndombele or Aouar that is an indefensible pick.

And no our record is not perfect or perfectish with him playing.

quick break can happen anytime anywhere and when you lose possession in the transition you are likely to be out of position. when this happens, you just have to track back as fast as possible. it really doesn't matter how good you are at reading defense

Sure but if you can read where the opposition is looking to pass it then you can move to that area rather than waiting for the pass to be made. Again I am not talking about anything that is not basic football play. I am not suggesting Lo Celso does anything that the vast majority of good players don't also do.

Back
Top Bottom