Giovani Lo Celso

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It looked like he was caught in two minds.

Whether to sort of pass it through or to shoot and in the end just fluffed it - a shame really as it was our best chance of the game, it just happened to be in the 94th minute with the pressure on.

Could have played it out wide to the rushing Reguilon and probably should have done. Never mind. Sometimes you come off the bench and score the winner against Man City, othertimes you come off the bench and miss a good chance to win the game against Chelsea.

Just glad he's back as an option - let's hope he can stay fit.

EoA2KROXMAEeC-4

Last edited:

Whether to sort of pass it through or to shoot and in the end just fluffed it - a shame really as it was our best chance of the game, it just happened to be in the 94th minute with the pressure on.

Could have played it out wide to the rushing Reguilon and probably should have done. Never mind. Sometimes you come off the bench and score the winner against Man City, othertimes you come off the bench and miss a good chance to win the game against Chelsea.

EoA2KROXMAEeC-4
from that picture there he should of just laid kane off even though it would of been on his left, he got caught in two minds.

100% but im not judging him off this one game, since he has been here he fluffs his lines alot

Still a beautiful player with grit that every team in the league would love to have
no one plays faultless everytime they play, gio is an absolute weapon for us majority of the time. hes gonna fuck up from time to time but his positive contributions far outweigh his negative. hes allowed that got his goal against city last week hahah

EoA2KROXMAEeC-4
Wasn't just him but how many times did we not use Reggy on the overlap , about 3 times he should been played the ball today

Lo Celso has shown that he cannot be trusted on defensive duty, so when we are sitting back and absorbing pressure, Sissoko is the better option since he is able to back up Aurier which allows us more pace on the break.

So, we play Lo Celso further forward behind the front 3? Not quite; Ndombele has thus far been the preferred option since he is more capable and tackling and, his ability to drive the ball forward quickly is better. Of course Ndom is not quite up to 90 minutes; so GLC rotation.

Winks and Sissoko are ahead of Lo Celso in the position beside PEH.

Ndombele ahead him in the position be the front 3. I have a feeling that a fit and healthy Lamela will also leapfrog GLC here....not to mention Dele ready to step up.

Unless GLC can develop his defensive positioning or improve his range of passing; he's not likely to be a bang on starter unless we lose players to injury.

Am I the only one a little underwhelmed by GIO so far ? There’s obviously a very nice player in there somewhere, but he just doesn’t do enough for me in games. His finishing isn’t anywhere as good as I thought it would be. He more often or not seems to fluff his lines when given a chance. His finish against City was excellent, so he has this in the locker, but I just don’t think he does enough at the moment.

For me he still has everything to prove. It took Ndombele time to settle in but he scored in his first PL match, it took Gio well over a year. He’s had loads of injuries and not really settled into a clear role in the team.

Hopefully he stays fit and begins to improve. Last night was a truly awful showing from him and Dele must surely be pushing him now.

I thought he was to be our play maker but for me he is just another winks, tidy enough, but little end product
there is a guy at inter who does look ok, but could he do it (again) in the EPL

Back
Top Bottom