Giovani Lo Celso

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I for one would rather judge him on a number of MOTM performances post restart than a few sporadic Europa league games where he’s clearly carrying/just returning from injury. I know some of you can’t resist writing a player off after 1 match though (see PEH).

Nobody's writing him off. But those performances after the restart were nothing special, he was busy and tidy but he didn’t produce many goals and assists and only had to compete with Winks and Dele. He stood out because everyone else in midfield was mediocre. Now that Hojbjerg and Ndombele are in the team he has to do much more if he wants to start matches. He has the talent so let’s hope he delivers.

I for one would rather judge him on a number of MOTM performances post restart than a few sporadic Europa league games where he’s clearly carrying/just returning from injury. I know some of you can’t resist writing a player off after 1 match though (see PEH).

And some will continually massively exaggerate a players performances because they want that player too succeed.

I love the notion of knee jerking with Lo Celso - the player has been with us over a year. But no you can’t possibly have anything less than a favourable opinion of him at this point.

He has been poor this season - he really wasn’t anything that great last season and if he keeps up this form he won’t be here the next.

The player cost in the region of £40-£50 million - if he was at any other club none of you would be affording such leeway.

Poor yesterday and generally not great this season.

BUT he was the best player on the field for Argentina in their qualifying matches three weeks ago. He came on and scored a game clinching goal vs City. Played alright from the bench vs WBA and Brighton, can't remember which game but the tempo noticably lifted with him on the field in one of them. Has done well enough in Europa games before last night.

I wouldn't worry too much, I can think of better ways we could have spent £45m but I have plenty faith that he's a good player that will do well for us. Would like to see him played at RM, or at AM with Ndombele beside Hojbjerg.

He was our best player for a stretch last year when the team was playing woeful football.

Poor yesterday and generally not great this season.

BUT he was the best player on the field for Argentina in their qualifying matches three weeks ago. He came on and scored a game clinching goal vs City. Played alright from the bench vs WBA and Brighton, can't remember which game but the tempo noticably lifted with him on the field in one of them. Has done well enough in Europa games before last night.

I wouldn't worry too much, I can think of better ways we could have spent £45m but I have plenty faith that he's a good player that will do well for us. Would like to see him played at RM, or at AM with Ndombele beside Hojbjerg.

He was our best player for a stretch last year when the team was playing woeful football.
Indeed, everyone has an off day, Kane had one against Chelsea and Son sometimes goes through a streak of few games.

Lo Celso will turn it around I’m sure.

I thought he was to be our play maker but for me he is just another winks, tidy enough, but little end product
there is a guy at inter who does look ok, but could he do it (again) in the EPL
Come on, he scored the goal that killed City off barely 2 weeks ago.
Winks would have passed that back to Toby

:mourshock:

I think the yellow card hindered his performance in second half. Very harsh first booking considering Xhaka got away with a few blatant fouls and his didn’t seem as bad. Will have a big season for us.

Back
Top Bottom