Giovani Lo Celso

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

10/10 tonight. Simply world-class. Utterly dominant and imperious. Breathtakingly brilliant. If he were alive today, Diego himself would have been truly in awe of that display from our mercurial midfielder.

I'm sure everyone agrees?

10/10 tonight. Simply world-class. Utterly dominant and imperious. Breathtakingly brilliant. If he were alive today, Diego himself would have been truly in awe of that display from our mercurial midfielder.

I'm sure everyone agrees?

Absolutely EVERYONE, bruv. :adesalute:

I like Gio - neat tidy player but far too passive and is a player who should dominate and impact games far more. I think he has the ability and his fee would also suggest that. He needs to start showing it.

What I don’t like this hyperbole surrounding him and this desperate desire to get him into the side at the expense of others whose contributions are way ahead of his.

There will be plenty in here who will be desperate to get Sissoko out and him in which would be criminal at this time.

Lo Celso needs to show a dam slight lot more than he has so far and against far better opposition if he is to get past Sissoko or Tanguy. He needs to earn this and yet so many are desperate just to hand it to him.
Oh seriously just fuck off now ..... if there is anything this fella isn’t it’s passive . Always wants the ball, always looks to be positive and passive players don’t break lines and finish like he did.

I don’t mind a reasoned argument however contrary (yawn) it is but attempting to sound clever and misjudging it by such a distance needs to be shown for the bollox it is.

Hey Giovani you listening?! The Hood has given you 4 to 5 pages of pearls here and I hope you wise up you cheeky bastard ! Don’t get ahead of yourself apparently you’ve been shit all season!!
Pearls to swine certainly comes to mind when considering Gio and this hood poser

Last edited:
If either lo Celso or Ndombele (or both) improve their defending and stamina to be able to play together...

Watch out.

I am shocked at our level of depth. Shocked. I've never seen a spurs side with this much quality in starting and backups.

Aye, hyperbole isn’t what we need here as he’s not going to be bothering the POTY panel at this stage. But underplaying what he brings is just as bad.

He’s more of an attacking threat than Tanguy and Sissoko. I think he’s got more goals this season than they have? Not checked, so could be shite. He’s more likely to break past the attackers as shown again tonight. Can take a corner. He’s got a lot to offer.

Is he the new Maradona? Like fuck he is. But he’s not the average plodder you make him out to be either. Again, entrenched views win the day, when they really shouldn’t.

Who said he is an average plodder? Why do people make up things. He is a neat tidy player who has good spells in game but has far too many quiet ones as well. As I said he is a type of player Wenger used to sign all the time but one that does little to impact or command a game whereby the game happens around him not him dictating it.

And given the position he plays he needs to influence the game far mor than his does. We know he doesn’t really come with goals, certainly not in the league ( 0 last season 1 this season) and he also doesn’t get assists at that level because he has 0 in the PL. So he needs to be having a far greater control in the game but he doesn’t - it’s largely just a few neat passes or the occasional good run ( that highlights video sums it up) . We paid £40-50 for him for that price we should be seeing significantly more than we have from him. He is not even getting close to his Betis performances or stats. And Tanguy is a far better offensive player than him I can’t believe someone would think otherwise.

Last edited:
Who said he is an average plodder? Why do people make up things. He is a neat tidy player who has good spells in game but has far too many quiet ones as well. As I said he is a type of player Wenger used to sign all the time but one that does little to impact or command a game whereby the game happens around him not him dictating it.

And given the position he plays he needs to influence the game far mor than his does. We know he doesn’t really come with goals, certainly not in the league ( 0 last season 1 this season) and he also doesn’t get assists at that level because he has 0 in the PL. So he needs to be having a far greater control in the game but he doesn’t - it’s largely just a few neat passes or the occasional good run ( that highlights video sums it up) . We paid £40-50 for him for that price we should be seeing significantly more than we have from him. He is not even getting close to his Betis performances or stats. And Tanguy is a far better offensive player than him I can’t believe someone would think otherwise.
Yep, fair, I exaggerated your thoughts on him, apologies.

I suppose it depends on what you think of as an “offensive player”. It could be someone who has the ability to find a defence splitting pass, in which case, it’s Tanguy. If it’s someone that gets beyond the attack and is an actual goal threat, it’s GLC. Like most things, comes down to personal perspective I suppose.

Maybe the Tanguy PEH Gio midfield 3 won’t work at this time, especially in crunch league games against the big teams.

I can’t argue with Jose’s choice to play the PEH/Sissoko pivot when we have the best defensive record in the league and nowhere near the best cb pairing.

but after tonight’s display is it not worth trying Gio on the right of the front 3? I mean he tracks back well, is deceptively nippy, loves to cut in on his left. Nobody else is staking a claim so why not??
-------------------------------------Lloirs-----------------------------------
Aurier---------------Toby------------------------Dier---------------Reggie
------------------------Sissoko-----------Hjojberg--------------------------
GLC-------------------------------Ndombele------------------------Son
--------------------------------------Kane-------------------------------------

I think this team would be awesome!

-------------------------------------Lloirs-----------------------------------
Aurier---------------Toby------------------------Dier---------------Reggie
------------------------Sissoko-----------Hjojberg--------------------------
GLC-------------------------------Ndombele------------------------Son
--------------------------------------Kane-------------------------------------

I think this team would be awesome!

Apart from Gio not being a wing forward .

Back
Top Bottom