Giovani Lo Celso

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

When pressed on how long Lo Celso could be out for, Jose added: "I don't know, I believe that he will not be playing in this period of Christmas and New Year for sure."

He was a Poch pick, tidy player, injury prone but doesn’t do enough IMO.

Needs to dominate games more but fear he doesn’t have it in him. I would sell to a La Liga club and buy someone more suited to our future plans.

then again, I also feel the same about N’Dombele (if anyone will give us £50M or part exchange bite their hand off).

We were all excited to see him and Ndombele on the same team sheet but his experiment at RW didn't work. We looked disjointed.

In our current system we can't play him and Ndombele as the latter can not do the running of Sissoko and Hojberg to cover full backs.

Ergo it is either or for now. I think Gio makes for a better number 10 than Ndombele.

More of an eye for goal and better at driving forward with the ball.

We have tried to shoehorn Ndombele in for his technical ability by sticking two runners behind him to do the work but he is never a number 10.

I do worry whether we will see Tanguy reach his potential in a Spurs shirt. He could be world class in Italy but MAYBE the Prem is just a bit too intense for him.
Sadly I don’t think either Ndombele or GLC have justified what we paid for them. Would love to be proven wrong, got nothing against them, but at this point looks like poor business.

Dunno about selling Lo Celso (have him and Lamela had their bone marrow replaced with polystyrene or something? - always injured) but no way I'd sell Ndombele. He might not have demonstrated 100% endurance but he has 200% the talent.

Can't believe what I'm reading. Last season he was MOTM seemingly more often than not (when fit, admittedly) and this season he hasn't been terrible, just injured a fair bit. I think the problem is people are expecting a CAM that's popping them in from the edge of the box every game not realising that Jose has him playing as more of a box to box midfielder.

It'd be interesting to see how many times he's been the guy that assists the assist. I'm pretty sure if you played him behind Kane in a traditional CAM role his stats would be far better than they currently are.

I think a lot of Spurs fans really overrate Gio considering he hasn’t really warranted the OTT love in for his performances. Had a couple of decent games and a relatively decent season last season, but has anyone been actually underwhelmed by this guy? I expected so much more from him. For all Eriksens faults, Gio isn’t even on the same planet as Eriksen was in his prime. Not even close.

The fact we are rarely getting more than 60 minutes out of two players who cost over £100m pounds frustrates the hell out of me. Add bale to that mix and I think it highlights a real issue in our recruitment the last couple of seasons.

You start 2 out of those 3 players you already know you 100% need to make 2 substitutions.
From a managers point of view that would be a real pain in the ass.

Can't believe what I'm reading. Last season he was MOTM seemingly more often than not (when fit, admittedly) and this season he hasn't been terrible, just injured a fair bit. I think the problem is people are expecting a CAM that's popping them in from the edge of the box every game not realising that Jose has him playing as more of a box to box midfielder.

It'd be interesting to see how many times he's been the guy that assists the assist. I'm pretty sure if you played him behind Kane in a traditional CAM role his stats would be far better than they currently are.
Total agree I can’t believe the crap on here about both players. Last season Gio was our main man after November when he turned Jose around. Ndombele has been on of our better players this season. His played 90 mins as well a few times at beginning of the season. Not sure why jose doesn’t play either for the full 90 unless injured. However defo lasted the full 90 in some early games this season. If I recall he was motd in some. We don’t have enough quality as it is to be offloading these two. It’s up to the coach to build a team that can function properly with these two. If people recall the early games this season we played a lot more on the front foot in the oppo half which is where ndombele comes alive. This low block 20% possesion is no good for him in a number 10 role as the ball is just hoofed long half the time. Look at the setup for sons goal v soton he wins the ball at half way line and turns two players before making the pass. Perfect position for him to get things moving. However since then we have dropped back to play from our 18 yard line including the 2 holding CMs. Just need to get a formation and tactical style right for both these two players to be able to play together. Personally that is playing a more possesion based game and the front foot.

I wouldn't sell gio as I thought last season there was a very good player there that convinced us to buy and the fans as a whole was happy with the signing. I do think though that up to this point this season he has been poor but I see enough in him last season to know he can do it for us and is just having a bad spell.

Giovani Lo CelsoThigh InjuryDec 24: "Gio no, he will not be fit. I don't know [when he will return], he will not be playing in this period of Christmas and New Year for sure."No Return DateCurrently Being AssessedRuled Out

Bollocks and bullshit.

He and Regui knew full well what they were doing. Pretending to be alone while actually partying as if there's no covid.

Dele did the same with his birthday a few months back. Pretending to have a lonely birthday but you could clearly see he had brought people in to decorate his house for a party and there was more than one person caught in the edges of his PR instagram posts.

He and the other 2 pricks can fuck the fuck off with this social media apology shite. Mindless cretins all of them and crocodile Twitter tears and bullshit written by his PR team mean fuck all to us. Lost a lot of respect for all 3 indulged wankers...
Ps who has a party in lockdown and let's their cunt mate take cunt photo of it and put it on the cuntfest that is Twitter? Dogshite all of them.

He and the other 2 pricks can fuck the fuck off with this social media apology shite. Mindless cretins all of them and crocodile Twitter tears and bullshit written by his PR team mean fuck all to us. Lost a lot of respect for all 3 indulged wankers...
Ps who has a party in lockdown and let's their cunt mate take cunt photo of it and put it on the cuntfest that is Twitter? Dogshite all of them.

We all make mistakes and have flaws, but this does seem to be particularly idiotic.

Shows a complete disregard for their teammates and their respective families too.

Gio and Lamela tested positive
faint fainting GIF

Back
Top Bottom