Giovani Lo Celso

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

And you're using Tielemans as that example?

b6427ce769a0965d06d15b60b95200e0.gif
I seriously don't think you have any idea on what a good footballer looks like.
Plays in the centre of midfield on a regular basis for Belgium at the age of 23 but not good enough for Spurs. It has also not taken him 18 months and counting to adapt to the premier league unlike your love child Ndombele

I seriously don't think you have any idea on what a good footballer looks like.
Plays in the centre of midfield on a regular basis for Belgium at the age of 23 but not good enough for Spurs.

I am pretty sure you called Sissoko a pub level footballer.

And he starts for the French national team. The World Champions.

Fucking idiot lol

It has also not taken him 18 months and counting to adapt to the premier league unlike your love child Ndombele

He's garbage.

Again. If you had mentioned Ndidi - I may have actually agreed with you. But you couldn't even get that right.

Now piss off.

I am pretty sure you called Sissoko a pub level footballer.

And he starts for the French national team. The World Champions.

Fucking idiot lol

He's garbage.

Again. If you had mentioned Ndidi - I may have actually agreed with you. But you couldn't even get that right.

Now piss off.
I stand by everything I say regards Sissoko he is fucking poor.
You keep dreaming that Ndombele will be a success will be in the Premier league because that is all it will be a dream the game here is far too intense for him.
£50 million and £200 grand a week we have had our pants pulled down

Today was one of those days. We needed a playmaker badly.
Erm......like 26,27 year old with experience that’s played at the top level and at international level is one of his countries first names on the team sheet.......and .surplus to requirements at his current club.........Mm where would we find someone like that I wonder 🤔

YES they have a far better scouting network than we have.
They signed Maddison and Tielemans for the same price as we paid for Ndombele.
Who do you think got the better deal?
Although i wouldn't buy maddison, i do agree on selling ndombele and sissoko, we need a player in the mould of xabi alonso in the middle of the park, with that our front 4 will be able to get the ball, or if kane and stevie are rotating dropping deep, giving the midfield play maker another option,

Possibly use le celso as the 10, or third midfielder in a midfield three, rotating with ali

I think a lot of Spurs fans really overrate Gio considering he hasn’t really warranted the OTT love in for his performances. Had a couple of decent games and a relatively decent season last season, but has anyone been actually underwhelmed by this guy? I expected so much more from him. For all Eriksens faults, Gio isn’t even on the same planet as Eriksen was in his prime. Not even close.

I think a lot of Spurs fans really overrate Gio considering he hasn’t really warranted the OTT love in for his performances. Had a couple of decent games and a relatively decent season last season, but has anyone been actually underwhelmed by this guy? I expected so much more from him. For all Eriksens faults, Gio isn’t even on the same planet as Eriksen was in his prime. Not even close.
Because it’s definitely fair to compare him to prime Eriksen. Probably only a couple of players in the last decade have came close to Eriksen’s stats or did better.

That and also they’re different type of players. I don’t think Lo Celso has ever played in his career like a true playmaker. He’s more of a number 8.

We had two options in that summer when Gio was bought, Gio and Bruno Fernandez.

The latter has turned out to be a much better choice. Having said that, Gio really hasn’t shown the form he showed at Betis apparently, I don’t eatch La Liga but someone said at Betis he was really good.

We had two options in that summer when Gio was bought, Gio and Bruno Fernandez.

The latter has turned out to be a much better choice. Having said that, Gio really hasn’t shown the form he showed at Betis apparently, I don’t eatch La Liga but someone said at Betis he was really good.

That's easy to say.

Im willing to bet if we had Bruno Fernandes, he'd have no where near as many goals or assists that he has at United. He'd be off penalties for a start.

Bruno Fernandes is by far the better signing. This isn’t even a debate

Yes. For Man Utd.

If you genuinely think Fernandes comes here and puts up the same numbers, you're kidding yourself. He'd be watching the ball sail over his head and penalties taken away from him.

So there's no point debating ifs and buts really. And we'll never know.

Reminds me a bit of the Modric/Silva debate when Silva signed for Man City and we had Modric. And people were saying how Silva was a better footballer due to scoring and assisting more than him , despite playing in a better team and not even playing in the same position

We were all excited to see him and Ndombele on the same team sheet but his experiment at RW didn't work. We looked disjointed.

In our current system we can't play him and Ndombele as the latter can not do the running of Sissoko and Hojberg to cover full backs.

Ergo it is either or for now. I think Gio makes for a better number 10 than Ndombele.

More of an eye for goal and better at driving forward with the ball.

We have tried to shoehorn Ndombele in for his technical ability by sticking two runners behind him to do the work but he is never a number 10.

I do worry whether we will see Tanguy reach his potential in a Spurs shirt. He could be world class in Italy but MAYBE the Prem is just a bit too intense for him.

We were all excited to see him and Ndombele on the same team sheet but his experiment at RW didn't work. We looked disjointed.

In our current system we can't play him and Ndombele as the latter can not do the running of Sissoko and Hojberg to cover full backs.

Ergo it is either or for now. I think Gio makes for a better number 10 than Ndombele.

More of an eye for goal and better at driving forward with the ball.

We have tried to shoehorn Ndombele in for his technical ability by sticking two runners behind him to do the work but he is never a number 10.

I do worry whether we will see Tanguy reach his potential in a Spurs shirt. He could be world class in Italy but MAYBE the Prem is just a bit too intense for him.

From watching football, playing players out of position or in systems that don't suit them will always make a team worse.

Reguilon, Ndombele and Lo Celso in particularly all look worse than their full potential shows. Hojbjerg is excelling because we gift the opponents all the ball, so he sees alot more of the action.

Kane and Son of course excelling because they are the only attacking players getting the ball and creating consistently.

Issue is, Mourinho is stubborn. And his stubbornness has cost him his job before. I don't think it'll cost him his. Failing to a win a trophy is probably the thing that'll do that.

But if he would play players in a system that suited them, gave them a bit more freedom and allowed them to make the opponents fear them, I'm sure we'd probably do alot better.

Earlier in the season we allowed Reguilon to attack quite regularly. Ndombele was deeper and we were taking it to teams. Then we sort of changed it so that Sissoko and Hojbjerg are now designated deeper midfielders and Reguilon is tasked to defend instead of doing what he does best.

But I also don't blame Jose for wanting us to play not to lose. He's right that if you don't lose, you sometimes win. Sadly, it feels like a long long time since we felt that winning confidence.

From watching football, playing players out of position or in systems that don't suit them will always make a team worse.

Reguilon, Ndombele and Lo Celso in particularly all look worse than their full potential shows. Hojbjerg is excelling because we gift the opponents all the ball, so he sees alot more of the action.

Kane and Son of course excelling because they are the only attacking players getting the ball and creating consistently.

Issue is, Mourinho is stubborn. And his stubbornness has cost him his job before. I don't think it'll cost him his. Failing to a win a trophy is probably the thing that'll do that.

But if he would play players in a system that suited them, gave them a bit more freedom and allowed them to make the opponents fear them, I'm sure we'd probably do alot better.

Earlier in the season we allowed Reguilon to attack quite regularly. Ndombele was deeper and we were taking it to teams. Then we sort of changed it so that Sissoko and Hojbjerg are now designated deeper midfielders and Reguilon is tasked to defend instead of doing what he does best.

But I also don't blame Jose for wanting us to play not to lose. He's right that if you don't lose, you sometimes win. Sadly, it feels like a long long time since we felt that winning confidence.
I'm just genuinely not sure what Lo Cleso's best position is. I've always thought he was best as a box to box midfielder where he is helping in the build up with his passing and dribbling skills. However it seems Jose doesn't trust his defensive work enough to play him there ahead of Sissoko. I do think we saw times last year where Gio lapsed defensively in our own area.

He doesn't seem creative enough to play as a 10 or RAM for me, and I also don't think he's the greatest striker of the ball so he'd be wasted there.

He seems an 8 to me but we're not playing him there.

I'm just genuinely not sure what Lo Cleso's best position is. I've always thought he was best as a box to box midfielder where he is helping in the build up with his passing and dribbling skills. However it seems Jose doesn't trust his defensive work enough to play him there ahead of Sissoko. I do think we saw times last year where Gio lapsed defensively in our own area.

He doesn't seem creative enough to play as a 10 or RAM for me, and I also don't think he's the greatest striker of the ball so he'd be wasted there.

He seems an 8 to me but we're not playing him there.

I think he'd be best on the left of a midfield 3 as a 8/10 hybrid. Someone who can take the ball from midfield and move it forward whilst creating.

He's a creative player. And it's a shame he's struggled with fitness this season when Son and Kane have been on fire. Because last season when he was having his good run of games, he didn't have either of them on the same form.

Sad thing is, he probably better defensively than Sissoko

Reg’s form has suffered massively because of this, the player who was slicing through Man U like a hot knife through butter has totally disappeared.

We do have to play not to lose but Jose has just gone too far with his defensive tactics. We cannot play this defensively against teams like Leicester, the tactics are way too negative and it’s affecting our players.

Back
Top Bottom