Giovani Lo Celso

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Like Ndombele he just doesn’t provide enough goals or assists and we need them in this team. Dele really need to pull his finger out because he could be the man to do that as the furthest forward of the three midfielders.

Luckily for Ndombele then we didn't sign him for his goals and assists. Phew.

I can’t buy the hype. Good player. But doesn’t handle a candle to guys like eriksen and dembele.
Most underwhelming signing we've ever made

This guy cost a shit ton of money and he is not good at anything really. Doesn't create consistently, score consistently, makes a lot of tackles but they're all borderline bookings. He does dribble well sometimes in the centre of the park and sometimes makes long range passes, but he cost like 50m.

Thought Gio was the only one putting in a performance until he went off, only one throwing himself about and winning tackles, only one who could get on the ball and play a simple 5 yard pass.
Having said that, It wasn't difficult to stand out in amongst that absolute diarrhoea performance.
Every player stunk the place out like that smelly cunt that every pub team had that would empty the changing room with a single fart.

This guy cost a shit ton of money and he is not good at anything really. Doesn't create consistently, score consistently, makes a lot of tackles but they're all borderline bookings. He does dribble well sometimes in the centre of the park and sometimes makes long range passes, but he cost like 50m.
Yeah like I can see what Ndombele is good at. What he showed at Lyon and already showed here despite not full potential yet. Lo Celso however I don’t understand.

Thought Gio was the only one putting in a performance until he went off, only one throwing himself about and winning tackles, only one who could get on the ball and play a simple 5 yard pass.
Having said that, It wasn't difficult to stand out in amongst that absolute diarrhoea performance.
Every player stunk the place out like that smelly cunt that every pub team had that would empty the changing room with a single fart.
That's what tricks people. He runs about a lot and makes really stupid fouls. The Lamela effect.

Sissoko and Aurier doing the same makes people hate them for some reason though lol

Lo Celso makes many passes that nobody in our MF makes, repeatedly shows that he works well with Son and Kane when they get the chance to work together, spends so much time as the only player in our MF that moves the ball from the back 4 to the front 3 and yet still people bitch about him.

He was the our best player for the majority of the season last year, is either our best or 2nd best MF and yet constantly has to sit so we can force Sissoko into the line-up and not once has he pouted, been lazy, or complained. Everytime out there he gives his best, creates multiple chances and shows his class.

We are absolutely lucky to have and need to use him more not look to move on from him. He should start every game in the #10 role, but instead Jose insists on forcing us into a front 3 with bergwijn/bale/Lucas struggling and Sissoko in the MF doing nothing.

What I see missing that I saw last year from him was his dribbling. He used to pick up the ball and move it up the pitch and was impossible to knock off the ball. So many times he'd gathered the ball around our box and dribble it to safety.

I just haven't seen that from him lately. Maybe it's because he's not involved as much in the build up (or we just build up a lot less) but even in the final 3rd I'm not seeing it from him.

I don't want to give up on him because he really was very good for us last season. I just am not sure where that player went.

Lo Celso makes many passes that nobody in our MF makes, repeatedly shows that he works well with Son and Kane when they get the chance to work together, spends so much time as the only player in our MF that moves the ball from the back 4 to the front 3 and yet still people bitch about him.

He was the our best player for the majority of the season last year, is either our best or 2nd best MF and yet constantly has to sit so we can force Sissoko into the line-up and not once has he pouted, been lazy, or complained. Everytime out there he gives his best, creates multiple chances and shows his class.

We are absolutely lucky to have and need to use him more not look to move on from him. He should start every game in the #10 role, but instead Jose insists on forcing us into a front 3 with bergwijn/bale/Lucas struggling and Sissoko in the MF doing nothing.
as useful as sissoko can be in certain games, he can also be an almighty negative in others due to his lack of technical ability. having a midfielder in there that poor technically is a massive handicap to the rest of our midfield to deal with. we defo need to be looking to get another CM who is technically competent, that sabitzer looks like he would be perfect, the likes of lo celso would thrive off that imo

as useful as sissoko can be in certain games, he can also be an almighty negative in others due to his lack of technical ability. having a midfielder in there that poor technically is a massive handicap to the rest of our midfield to deal with. we defo need to be looking to get another CM who is technically competent, that sabitzer looks like he would be perfect, the likes of lo celso would thrive off that imo
Today was one of those days. We needed a playmaker badly.

What I see missing that I saw last year from him was his dribbling. He used to pick up the ball and move it up the pitch and was impossible to knock off the ball. So many times he'd gathered the ball around our box and dribble it to safety.

I just haven't seen that from him lately. Maybe it's because he's not involved as much in the build up (or we just build up a lot less) but even in the final 3rd I'm not seeing it from him.

I don't want to give up on him because he really was very good for us last season. I just am not sure where that player went.
hes a big lump and maybe his legs are starting to age.

I was expecting big things from him, but I have been severely disappointed. He's rushing around like a loon kicking people. I expected through balls and goals. Lots of them.

What did we sign him for? Finishing 90 minutes would be nice as a start!

Because we missed a midfielder who was press resistant.

Or did you moan every week that Dembele didnt score or assist?

As for not completing 90 minutes, you'll have to take it up with Mourinho. We know he can, he done it for 2 years aswell as doing it multiple times this season.

Anyway, this is the Lo Celso . Someone who also can't complete many 90 minutes ths season nor providing as many assists and goals we would have expected.

And surprise surprise. Nowhere near the same amount of vitriol

Last edited:
Because we missed a midfielder who was press resistant.

Or did you moan every week that Dembele didnt score or assist?

As for not completing 90 minutes, you'll have to take it up with Mourinho. We know he can, he done it for 2 years aswell as doing it multiple times this season.
Did it for 2 years in a league that is far easier to play in than ours.
You are very easily pleased if you think Ndombele is good enough to take us too the next level.
Press resistant I have never heard so much shit in my life.
Good players do the business week in week out not once every 5 or 6 games

Back
Top Bottom