Giovani Lo Celso

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

There is also a factor related to the FB's.

Jose is yet to play Ndombele deeper, next to Hojbjerg, with Reguilón also in the team - in this case, both FB's would be playing really high up the pitch.

Until now, Jose played the French deeper (or Lo Celso, before him) when we had Ben Davies in the team and/or when he decided for a back 3 - for example, in our last 3 PL games before West Brom; I think the main reason was still to protect Ndombele.

The good news is that Jose seems to be confident, as you mentioned, in having Ndombele playing deeper from now on. Maybe, when Reguilón returns, we'll have a much more offensive and creative side after all - at least in some games, anyway.

Reguilón bombing forward, Hojbjerg bossing midfield battles; Ndombele and Lo Celso, Sonny and Kane. This is a spine of a really good team. We need a strong signing to play behind them, at the heart of our defence.
Or all of them defending for their life .
Or Sissoko, Winks playing behind them.
No chance sunshine while we have this boring
cunt in charge we ain't gonna go nowhere.

Also interesting how many feel we are badly missing Lo Celso and his quality and what he brings to the team, but some of the very same people presumably feel that him being injured should have no effect

He is an example. why some always have to latch on to specific guys as though it makes some sort of point. He is an example of a guy that we could have added that isn't world class but could improve us.

As for your assessment, I mean he has been very good so far for Palace, if there are thousands of players like that awesome, but disappointing that we couldn't get any of them and instead are using crap like Moura, Lamela, Winks and Sissoko instead.
we always do this shit right see a player standing out in a smaller team and then oh he is an improvement on so and so if EZE reach in our tottenham side he will never start.

we always do this shit right see a player standing out in a smaller team and then oh he is an improvement on so and so if EZE reach in our tottenham side he will never start.

If we had Eze on our team and he didn't start, with the massive issues we have had creating offense outside of Kane/Son there is a problem with the person selecting the players, not with adding a quality player like Eze.

And we have brought in a lot of players from smaller sides that have started for us Dele, PEH, Toby, Sissoko, Doherty, Rodon and that is just from the current team.

We are missing him so badly. He wouldn't suddenly make us world beaters but if we could have had Gio instead of Winks/Sissoko in the last 2 months, we would not be where we are.

Now we have to pray that Lamela stays fit and Dele comes back to life.

That's probably it until next season

It's getting annoying now we never get to see both Gio and Tanguy on form at the same time
I mean it was apparently meant to be a return in March.

12th Feb until March isn't close.

I think when he Mourinho uses the word 'close' he means like they are back in training or return the next week. So wouldn't read too much into it.

Probably still on track but sad because I miss him

Not directly about Lo Celso, but it does frustrate me every time I see Bruno F get another goal to think that we were apparently in the frame to sign him, but went with Lo Celso instead as the cheaper option. Does anyone know, was it as simple as that or was there some other reason we didn't sign BF?

Not directly about Lo Celso, but it does frustrate me every time I see Bruno F get another goal to think that we were apparently in the frame to sign him, but went with Lo Celso instead as the cheaper option. Does anyone know, was it as simple as that or was there some other reason we didn't sign BF?

It frustrates me more when people think Fernandes would have came into this season with anywhere near the same impact.

No
It seems you're right. He was happy with what we were offering but the transfer fee was the issue.
We went with Ndombele and GLC instead

It frustrates me more when people think Fernandes would have came into this season with anywhere near the same impact.
What do you mean? (Not necessarily disagreeing - I actually don't know what you mean - sorry if I'm being thick, I'm mildly hungover today...)

Do you mean Fernandes wouldn't have been as successful if he had only signed for United in the summer rather than in Jan?
Or do you mean he wouldn't have been as successful if he had signed for us in the summer?
Or was it a typo, did you mean 'this side' (i.e. Spurs) rather than 'this season'?

Genuinely not sure what you mean, sorry! :)

Back
Top Bottom