Giovani Lo Celso

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

When exactly is he back? Love him to bits but he’s getting on my tits. Soft lad.

“Gio Lo Celso is not ready to play, but he’s training with the team. That means he’s not very far away, one more week, two more weeks maximum and he’s back, and that’s the reality. At the moment where we have Europa League, where we have Premier League, a final to play, consecutive matches, it’s so good that we have everybody back.”

“Gio Lo Celso is not ready to play, but he’s training with the team. That means he’s not very far away, one more week, two more weeks maximum and he’s back, and that’s the reality. At the moment where we have Europa League, where we have Premier League, a final to play, consecutive matches, it’s so good that we have everybody back.”

I think he makes his comeback either v Crystal Palace or v Dinamo Zagreb. Should be in the squad by then which will be a big boost for us :)

People that don't rate Gio have no idea what they're on about.

People comparing him to Eriksen, Dembele etc... they're all different players.

Se he might not offer the set piece quality of Eriksen (yet to see him try tbh), but how many times did Eriksen travel 40-50 yards with the ball, past 3 or 4 defenders?

He's probably scored more than Dembele managed in his whole time with us....

just pointless comparing. Anyone can look good/bad with certain stats.

It takes a simple understanding of football to see that he is one of our best players and will be very important for us.
He’s also comfortable taking the ball in tight situations unlike all of our defenders and the hapless Winks and Sissoko all of which means we never dominate a game

Yeah i saw.
Not a particuarly reliable source saying this though
I wouldn't sell him either well unless his injury problems never clear up but he's such a talented player.
He is very talented, if a bit injury prone right now (hopefully he gets over that).

I am also leaning towards keeping him unless he himself wishes to move on.

But if Atletico makes a good enough offer, which would have to be equal or more than we got him and Gio is interested we will probably at least entertain the thought.

He's much more talented than Lamela.

And he's had injury problems this year, but not in previous seasons. So no certainty that he'll become perennially injured like Lamela.

"not in previous seasons"? He has been in English game since the start of last season. Joined in August 2019.
19 months of being here. And out of that he has been able to start and finish few games in a row for like 2 month period. That would prove rather that there is no certainty that he will ever be able to consistently stay fit in English game if anything.

Of course I hope he would return as soon as possible and will be amazing for us. No question at all about his ability compared to likes of Sissoko and Winks. He is way more composed and tehcnically way-way better. Also kind of aggressive in his approach to the game. Someone listed players with quality and added Lo Celso there - and I agree in terms of ability. But availability is also a consideration. And in that sense he is a wild card. Very far from certainty.

But just saying - he is 2nd most expensive signing of Spurs history with 48 mEUR. Up to now he has not lived up to expectations. And if someone (Atleti) would come and offer the same kind of money, I would seriously consider it.

Whats up with that video :D ?
Shows his contribution in Norwich game, Woolwich, Chelsea, Southampton, Aston Villa and Leipzig (+1 team that I did not identify). Based on like 7 games? And many situations are shown 2 different times, like in start of vid and in the end again :D ? weird...

Of course had some moments of brilliance as well and proved his ability but also raised some questions :D

"not in previous seasons"? He has been in English game since the start of last season. Joined in August 2019.
19 months of being here. And out of that he has been able to start and finish few games in a row for like 2 month period. That would prove rather that there is no certainty that he will ever be able to consistently stay fit in English game if anything.

Of course I hope he would return as soon as possible and will be amazing for us. No question at all about his ability compared to likes of Sissoko and Winks. He is way more composed and tehcnically way-way better. Also kind of aggressive in his approach to the game. Someone listed players with quality and added Lo Celso there - and I agree in terms of ability. But availability is also a consideration. And in that sense he is a wild card. Very far from certainty.

But just saying - he is 2nd most expensive signing of Spurs history with 48 mEUR. Up to now he has not lived up to expectations. And if someone (Atleti) would come and offer the same kind of money, I would seriously consider it.
I would also seriously consider cashing in, especially if he is keen to go back to Spain. At the moment, we have had a very poor return on our investment. I was wrong about this guy-I said he would be an upgrade on peak Eriksen, AND play with a lot more intensity without the ball. He has not been the killer in the last 20 meters that I expected. Not even close.

None of us have the insider info on his injury issues, so all we can do is read the tea leaves here. And the picture's not a good one.

Not sure who you would replace him with if we sold him. Before I think we need to offload winksisko first. Gio at least can control the ball, transmission and also is a tenacious tackler unlike the aforementioned two who barely tackle. Also he would relieve sonny off set piece duty.

Good news.

Let's hope he can now get himself fit and become as good as we know he can be. Even bringing back performances like last season will do.

Get him around Ndombele, Son, Kane and Bale and he'll shine.

Good news.

Let's hope he can now get himself fit and become as good as we know he can be. Even bringing back performances like last season will do.

one of our most talented players but also one of our most injured.

Good news.

Why would he leave? Seems to be a crock getting paid top dollar for nothing

Jose said he expects Lo Celso to be ready to play without risks in one or two more weeks. I expect him to stay at the club during the International Break as well.

Jose said he expects Lo Celso to be ready to play without risks in one or two more weeks. I expect him to stay at the club during the International Break as well.
That would be very useful.

Comes back for a few games just before the international break , gets some minutes then gets a whole 2 weeks just to train and get more up to speed and we should see a fully fit Gio for April.

Let's hope so. Mind you I remember him going off on one after he'd signed for us despite being out injured since he joined us. Maybe COVID will prevent him travelling if he has to go to south america.

Back
Top Bottom