Giovani Lo Celso

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just want to say two things

1. Its very very annoying that he seems to be made of glass and pick up injuries all the time. If he cant find any fitness he may need to be sold in the summer to be honest.

2. He has a different minor back injury. Some people seem to be criticising the player himself from what I've seen. Its an injury , its unlucky . If Son had picked that up no one would be going in on him.

Let's just hope its a tiny setback and he can get a bit of gametime before the international break

He signed too late to have preseason in 2019 and missed the last one through injury. It always has a serious effect on a players physical condition when that happens. His body just hasn’t had the proper physical preparation to endure day after day of training and playing at this level. He‘s a player who puts himself about so that makes it even more important.

Yup, understand all that.

But if you look at this season he was playing playing say 20 minutes a match for quite a number of weeks once back from injury, and playing in EL matches which tend to be slower, but never seemed to be able to move on to playing 90 minutes in a match.

So doesn't seem to be down to building up physical preparation, as he seems to have done that... but it hasn't worked...... the guy isn't able to play anywhere close to 90 minutes on any form of regular basis

Which is why we are concerned

Jose about Lo Celso (it never ends):

"Gio is not ready but it's nothing to do with his previous important injury, from which he's totally recovered. But with his accumulation of work he's got a bit of back pain so he's had to stop what he's doing. So not for this match."
Fuck me! Silky player but quite a soft lad isn’t he? Need to get Roy Keane to throw some grenades outside his gaff at 3 am. That’ll toughen him up!

I understand the frustration over his lack of availability, but if both are fit, lo celso is clearly a better player than lamela.

Both have a terrible injury record ( lamela missed an entire season once).

Sounds like he has missed a lot of games due to injury.

People stating the amount of games instead of the time makes it sound worse. Those 21 games that he has missed probably adds up to 2 months.

I've seen enough of him when he has played to believe he is worth persevering with for now.

Last edited:
Sounds like he has missed a lot of games due to injury.

People stating the amount of games instead of the time makes it sound worse. Those 21 games that he has missed probably adds up to 2 months.

I've seen enough of him when he has played to believe he is with persevering with for now.

Dont worry.

We saw all the fucking idiots on here who wrote Ndombele off.

I'm sure GLC will do the same.

I am going to stick my neck out and say that he is probably experiencing anxiety in relation to his injuries. It's probably a mind-body issue, and I wonder if he could benefit from somatic tracking. For his own sake.

Back
Top Bottom