Giovani Lo Celso

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Why? The lad came from Real Betis, not Barcelona, he has no right to play just because he cost a fortune. He needs to work hard every day and take his chance when it comes.

Hasn’t had a single minute and twice had Eriksen, a player that has been absolutely dreadful in GLC’s time here, chosen ahead of him to come on. All just after he gets his first start under Poch.

A strange one. Lo celso works hard enough so not sure why his not getting minutes.

My best guess would be that mourinho has been watching eriksen and Dele in the premier league for years and is a fan whilst he probably hasn't seen much of GLC so his going to have to prove himself in training.

I'm desperate for him to get minutes and he will in time I'm sure.

Jose didn't like Mata, he didn't rate Salah or DeBruyne. There is a chance he may not think much of LoCelso. Shit happens, all Jose cares about is winning and putting together teams HE feels will win no matter what fans or the media thinks.

Jose didn't like Mata, he didn't rate Salah or DeBruyne. There is a chance he may not think much of LoCelso. Shit happens, all Jose cares about is winning and putting together teams HE feels will win no matter what fans or the media thinks.

I'm not so sure as eriksen is that type of player and as lightweight as the rest of them and he clearly likes him.

Its early days and there is a massive chance Mourinho knows very little about him.

I'm not so sure as eriksen is that type of player and as lightweight as the rest of them and he clearly likes him.

Its early days and there is a massive chance Mourinho knows very little about him.

This is Mourinho, he knows about LoCelso allright

He has always liked Eriksen. I'm not saying Jose is anti talented players just that like with any.manager if your face doesn't fit then your time at the club is up

This is Mourinho, he knows about LoCelso allright

He has always liked Eriksen. I'm not saying Jose is anti talented players just that like with any.manager if your face doesn't fit then your time at the club is up

I'm sure he knows lo celso but I reckon in Mourinhos mind he has a lot more to prove than eriksen .

We will see. Hopefully it works out.

Does mourinho really want to spend his summer transfer kitty on a player he didn’t pick?

I’m sure if Lo Celso impresses in training he’ll get minutes, otherwise he’s just a stop gap until his loan ends

It's worrying that winks and eriksen are getting picked ahead of him. One has completely checked out this season and the other is an inferior player. If Ndombele isn't fit then lo Celso should be the first name on the team sheet in midfield

Wouldn’t be surprised if Mourinho is thinking to the summer and getting Eriksen to sign a new contract. Despite what we all think of him, and he really has fallen down in my estimations, but Eriksen is one of the top attacking midfielders in world football on his day. Maybe Mourinho can get him to be a big game player as we know what he’s capable of. What does that mean for Lo Celso, I don’t know but a modern football team is more than the starting 11, it’s the entire squad. He’ll get his game time so it’s up to him to impress

Hasn’t had a single minute and twice had Eriksen, a player that has been absolutely dreadful in GLC’s time here, chosen ahead of him to come on. All just after he gets his first start under Poch.

The same dreadful Eriksen who created 5 scoring chances and got 1 goal assist against Olympiakos?

Would like to see more of him but with the way Jose sets up his teams he may struggle with competition. Jose has only had the team for not long over a week and doubt he has seen too much of GLC compared to others so will stick to what he knows at this stage

Lo Celso has more bite to him than those players. He's a combination of Eriksen and Lamela in my view, and not just because he's Argentinian. I would be very surprised if Mou doesn't utilize him.

Maybe he's still not 100% fit? Struggled big time against Brighton if I remember correctly and Sheffield. Had a nasty injury on Argentina duty before that he won't be 100% recovered from.

Also maybe Mou is buttering Eriksen up so he might sign a new deal? But he seems to be slowly bedding in all the new guys he won't know as much about as the ones who have been here years.

If he's good enough he will get his chance

On what basis does a guy that has only ever started one game for us become the " first name on the team sheet in midfield"?

He clearly states if N’Dombele isn’t fi and it’s not ridiculous to believe one of N’dombele and Lo Celso should be in midfield every match.

Back
Top Bottom