Giovani Lo Celso

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The more I see, the more I like.

Would like to have seen him be able to pick up the ball a bit further forward in the match though. Always felt, like we had a long way to go, when he picked up the ball and started doing somthing with it. But that's down to the system, rather than the player. Get someone in behind him, who can win the ball back and supply it to him further up the field and he'll be creating loads of chances for the team.

So it seems Poch was backed after all
It was only when Poch was given "too much" power that the wheels started falling off, like any big job football management is a steep learning curve, Poch it seems is very good at taking a group of players and getting them to do the "all for one and one for all" thing. His problem is when that wears off and egos and reality kick in is that he had no plan B. Opposition managers found him out, no question the 2019/20 squad on paper is better than the 2018/19 squad, but on the pitch and more importantly in the dressing room things started to break.

Mourinho has what seems like an easy job, take a top four squad and get them back into the top four, but it requires ruthless man management not just love to get it done ... Eriksen, Rose, Wanyama, KWP, and no doubt a couple more should have been moved on last summer - Poch was just to nice.

Poch will learn and should come back stronger, but his time was definitely over with us.

Last edited:
Come on Sammy – now you’re just trying to trigger the other posters.

It‘s the Gio Lo Celso thread. Let‘s appreciate that it looks like we‘ve got a good player on our hands and leave the Poch v Levy v Mourinho argument for their own respective threads.
Fairs fair in my view.....people raving about Lo Celso and Ndombele, but still calling Levy a cunt...
Double standards don’t disappear between threads

Chairman: The Transfer Window is coming up, which players do you want to sign ?

Manager: I'd like Messi, Ronaldo, De Bruyne and Mbappe.

Chairman: There's no way we can get those, try and identify other targets.

PRESS CONFERENCE BREAKING NEWS

"MANAGER SAYS BOARD DIDN'T BACK HIM AND HE'S NOT IN CHARGE OF TRANSFERS"

:troll:

Fairs fair in my view.....people raving about Lo Celso and Ndombele, but still calling Levy a cunt...
Double standards don’t disappear between threads

Ok, in that case, here's my opinion:

We signed two potentially good players. For me the jury is still out on Ndombele, looks like a good player, but can he stay fit, or will he be Lamela 2.0?

However the seeds for the problems were sewn in the transfer windows beforehand, when we didn't bring anyone in. No support / backup for Kane, no defensive midfielder, along with a full-back or two.

What I don't know, is whether there was no money available, or if Poch decided against signing certain players. There are statements out there, where it's been said money was available - if that's the case, then it's on Poch.

But for me, at the end of the day, the buck stops at Levy. He should have the final say on what is best for the club. And if that means sticking in a DoF (if that's what he wants), even against Poch's wishes, then he should do that.

It was only when Poch was given "too much" power that the wheels started falling off, like any big job football management is a steep learning curve, Poch it seems is very good at taking a group of players and getting them to do the "all for one and one for all" thing. His problem is when that wears off and egos and reality kick in is that he had no plan B. Opposition managers found him out, no question the 2019/20 squad on paper is better than the 2018/19 squad, but on the pitch and more importantly in the dressing room things started to break.

Mourinho has what seems like an easy job, take a top four squad and get them back into the top four, but it requires ruthless man management not just love to get it done ... Eriksen, Rose, Wanyama, KWP, and no doubt a couple more should have been moved on last summer - Poch was just to nice.

Poch will learn and should come back stronger, but his time was definitely over with us.
We literally got to a CL final because of Poch's use of a plan b.

Give any manager a shit budget and they'll get found out

Back
Top Bottom