Glorious Defeat

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I pos-repped you, not so much out of any major argeement, just didn't see why your post deserved to be negged.

I think I understand what you tried to say in your first sentence, which the other individual didn't, namely that you stick with the team through the good times and the bad.

I suspect he is trying to say that his support is, was, and never will be purely contingent upon some notion of success.

Something I happen to agree with.

We all love Tottenham, I think we get it. It's normal to feel overly optimistic when we're winning and dissappointed when we're losing.

Now stop with the sentimental bullshit, it's football.

Yikes, I'm a miserable fucker today.

‘It is better to fail aiming high than to succeed aiming low. And we of Spurs have set our sights very high, so high in fact that even failure will have in it an echo of glory.’ - Sir Bill

I just don't feel we are always aiming high enough these days. Aiming high, yes, but high enough?....

Maybe because he's making it acceptable to be shit aslong as we're putting effort in.

I wouldn't call us 'successful' as such. We don't win trophies year in year out, Man United are successful. The mentality of our fans have changed drastically. We may be going for higher boundaries but its still Tottenham Hotspur, I don't see what's changed. You can even see this in the atmosphere at WHL. People are expecting things when we're in a transitional period but still doing well.

‘It is better to fail aiming high than to succeed aiming low. And we of Spurs have set our sights very high, so high in fact that even failure will have in it an echo of glory.’ - Sir Bill

I just don't feel we are always aiming high enough these days. Aiming high, yes, but high enough?....

I expect a minimum of 10 neg reps, but I hate that quote. Ironically, it justifies failure.

Id rather win the FA Cup, than lose the CL final.

Dreadful post, being successful is what being a fan of any team is about...we all strive for success and when overpayed shit cunts like Adebigwhore fuck it up it's nothing to be proud about.
I disagree, mostly because of the word 'overpaid', but partially because you have condensed an opinion down to one aspect of being a fan, and then go on to state that it 'is what being a fan is about'.

You appear to suggest that no-one else has any possible other reason for being a fan, for example being born in a particular area of the country and supporting the local team i.e. being born in China automatically qualifies you as a Man U fan.

I could say that 'Hyperbole' is what it is all about, as evidence seems to suggest that it is increasingly becoming that way.

But I won't.

Because I suspect that you would have to google 'hyperbole'.

Back
Top Bottom