Glorious Defeat

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I feel whole again - being successful is not what being a spurs fan is all about.

proud of the players.

Onwards and upwards

You had all the other ratings so I thought I would give you the clean sweep by adding a funny

:baletroll:

But completely agree, supporting Spurs is not about the success of the team it's about the love of the club. If you want to be a glory hunter fuck off and support United.

You are in the wrong forum and the wrong part of North London. This club does not need fans like you. This forum was built for fans the utter opposite to you.
Fans like you make my flesh crawl.

Yeah this club doesn't need fans who crave success, this club doesn't need fans who want the team to give a 100% (everyone), this club doesn't need fans who call out shit overpayed cash whores who play in strike yet can't hit the target with a fucking penalty, yes indeed this club doesn't need these kind of fans.

This club needs fans who use the term 'spursy', this club needs fans who are willing to accept 40% effort, this club needs fans who don't desire progress, this club needs fans who make 'mind the gap' threads only for them to backfire spectacularly making us all look like tits, this club needs fans who thinks beating Woolwich one game a season is a trophy, this club needs more fans like you....

Loser talk. Utter crap.

....easy to say when you haven't made the trek and spent a fortune.

Basel for fucks sake, not Barcelona

Exactly, no doubt Basel are a decent team but they're not exactly a euro powerhouse yet apparently it's perfectly ok to talk about 'glorious defeat' and to say this is the wrong attitude to have means you must fuck off to another area of North London.

Exactly, no doubt Basel are a decent team but they're not exactly a euro powerhouse yet apparently it's perfectly ok to talk about 'glorious defeat' and to say this is the wrong attitude to have means you must fuck off to another area of North London.

It's got to be a windup....some daft cunts have bought in.

Ironic that most of those claiming not to be glory hunters have never seen us really shit. Justifying it to themselves I reckon.

Cunts

They've beaten Bayern and Man U in recent seasons...I'd say they were above decent. Unfortunately it's this perspective of a team that aren't a 'Euro powerhouse' that has led to a complete meltdown when we lost to them!

They've beaten Bayern and Man U in recent seasons...I'd say they were above decent. Unfortunately it's this perspective of a team that aren't a 'Euro powerhouse' that has led to a complete meltdown when we lost to them!

It's not about losing to them hell it's not even the fact that Adebayor is a disgrace it's the fact people seem to think this sort of loss is a good thing and something to be proud of.

it's the fact people seem to think this sort of loss is a good thing and something to be proud of.

It's not as if we got spanked 5-0. And no one is saying we should have an open top bus parade to celebrate it. But the players fought for 120 minutes and lost on the lottery of a penalty shoot out.

Back
Top Bottom