Glorious Defeat

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

True, but it also says (to me):

"If we aim for the quadruple every year, and fail every year, its still glorious"

Get the point and agree.

However, we do start every season aiming for a quadruple as we enter 4 competitions. However, we don't aim high enough as we seem to always fail in getting in the players we need.

Sometimes I see the reasons why not (and sometimes agree), but quite frankly, not signing a good striker since Martin Chivers is simply not on!

NOTE: There may be exaggeration and sarcasm in the vicinity of this post...

I disagree, mostly because of the word 'overpaid', but partially because you have condensed an opinion down to one aspect of being a fan, and then go on to state that it 'is what being a fan is about'.

You appear to suggest that no-one else has any possible other reason for being a fan, for example being born in a particular area of the country and supporting the local team i.e. being born in China automatically qualifies you as a Man U fan.

I could say that 'Hyperbole' is what it is all about, as evidence seems to suggest that it is increasingly becoming that way.

But I won't.

Because I suspect that you would have to google 'hyperbole'.

Oh my a real wordsmith, well congrats son you look like quite the educated fella using big words on an internet forum. I'm going to go back and thumbs up your post so you can feel extra special and smart but before I do I wanted to state; Adebayor is an overpaid cunt, there's nothing wrong with wanting to win, you're an uppity douche.

Please feel free to google any of those terms

I don't think anyone on here is saying that it's acceptable to lose. But sometimes you do. And when that is the case, we shouldn't all go into meltdown and accuse certain players (bar his penalty I thought Adebayor played quite well last night, he was just lacking support up front), but instead, accept defeat and move on to the next match and get behind the team again for that.

This place cracks me up when spurs lose/don't win. It's really turning into a bit of an arsemania situation in some threads.

I'm as gutted as anyone but let's not turn on each other eh chaps. Best to got straight to the nsfw thread and turn each other on :)

King of google strikes again with another hilarious picture.

Got Ostrich?

Sad twat.

'Picture paints a thousand words' & 'time is precious' Audrey so deal with it.

Plus www.despair.com is and excellent website for the anti-corporate cynic in all of us.

fyi, the ostriches were here long before you started trolling and will be here long after I hope, and whilst I quite like 'king of google' as a title, some of here don't need it as we have something far more devastating.

What is sad, If I could just add a small point, is that you didn't even pay some respect to case yesterday by wishing him a happy birthday, he created this house and all you seem to want to do is shit on the carpet. Go to 'take a bow' on off topic and wish him a belated birthday, appreciate the time and effort that has gone into this place, then feel free to take a break from being you.

So many congratulations on being the first person I block posts from. Even sammy and arc know when to chill and have a laugh, and they love a good ruck.

You are just a humourless rude mormon with a keyboard. And as I said at the top 'time is precious'.

ttfn

: ostrich:

This place cracks me up when spurs lose/don't win. It's really turning into a bit of an arsemania situation in some threads.

I'm as gutted as anyone but let's not turn on each other eh chaps. Best to got straight to the nsfw thread and turn each other on :)
I like your style jimmy, what are you proposing to turn on for me? :adebaehug: :freundgoal: :bale2:

Roughly how this forum makes me feel over the past +12 hours

29071197.jpg

Oh my a real wordsmith, well congrats son you look like quite the educated fella using big words on an internet forum. I'm going to go back and thumbs up your post so you can feel extra special and smart but before I do I wanted to state; Adebayor is an overpaid cunt, there's nothing wrong with wanting to win, you're an uppity douche.

Please feel free to google any of those terms
Got to be honest, I can not a tinkers cuss for rep either good or bad. rep, don't rep it's not really a measure of anything in all honesty.

I would also point out that Adebyor is no more overpaid than any other prem footballer, so to single him out smacks a bit of targeting an aspect of the game to suit your view on an individual.

But I think you've missed the point, you were slating the sentiment on the OP. I was merely pointing out that it had some validity. I agree that there is 'nothing wrong with wanting to win', absolutely, but that is not what you said, and my support is not contingent on if we win or lose. The knee jerk and vitriol last night (some carried on through to this morning) towards our own players was palpably embarrassing.

I wonder if people really get the 'love the shirt' philosophy that was part of the original set up here sometimes?

Was I being a twat about it, you're damn right I was. I reserve the right to call people out who say 'success' is the only measure by which any fan can love a team.

And if my being a twat amplified that point, well then good. Consider it a message from the silent majority.

fyi, I don't need google, I read all the mr. men when I was a lot younger. mr douche was my favourite.

Indeed, if you're looking only for success, you'd have stopped supporting Spurs a long time ago.
There were times last night when I actually thought my heart was going to stop beating.

And I still love every single one of the players from last night.

Today is just another day in the roller-coaster of decades of support for me.

Dreadful post, being successful is what being a fan of any team is about...we all strive for success and when overpayed shit cunts like Adebigwhore fuck it up it's nothing to be proud about.
You are in the wrong forum and the wrong part of North London. This club does not need fans like you. This forum was built for fans the utter opposite to you.
Fans like you make my flesh crawl.

Back
Top Bottom