Graham Potter

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'll post it...again.

He has managed a team that I truly believe is a striker away from being top 10. I have rattled off these statistics time and time again, but HERE WE GO!

BrightonTottenhamWest Ham
League Position15th7th4th
Draws12 (most)77
GF33 (13th)52 (5th)51 (6th)
GA38 (9th)35 (6th)39 (11th)
xG43 (8th)42.4 (11th)42.6 (9th)
xGA30.7 (3rd)38.3 (10th)37.2 (7th)
xGD/900.40 (5th)0.13 (9th)0.17 (8th)
SoT%27.3% (20th)37.7% (3rd)36.2% (8th)
Sh/9012.65 (7th)11.03 (13th)11.48 (12th)
G/Sh0.07 (16th)0.14 (1st)0.13 (2nd)
KP289 (8th)235 (13th)252 (12th)
GF= Goals For, GA= Goals Against, xG= expected goals, xGA= expected goals against, xGD/90= expected goal difference per 90, SoT%= shots on target %, Sh/90= shots per 90, G/Sh=goals a shot, KP= key passes

Potter has a team of championship-level players playing out of their fucking skin. They are where they are because they have Neil Maupay, Danny Welbeck, and Trossard as their main attackers.

They have conceded 3 more goals than us...big deal. A key, I think a lot of people ignore is how close they have been to turn their 12 draws into some wins. They dominate opposition more often than not and the following rundown shows why they can't convert these wins.

Brighton fucking sucks at shooting. They get more shots off than Spurs and WH, they have more key passes, and have a beautiful expected goal tally, but again, THEY CAN'T SHOOOOOOOT!

Their xG is better than us and West Ham. Shots per game? More than both us and WH.

So why are they 15th? It's not the defense...they have the 3rd best xGA and are the 9th tightest team. It's because they can't finish!!! They get more shots off, but can't hit the target. In fact...they are dead fucking last in terms of accuracy.

more...you know why we are 7th? Kane and Son. We sit first in Goals per shot. Brighton sit 16th, right where you will find them.

So instead of looking solely at a table for your justification as to why a manager isn't good enough, maybe you should look into some things and watch a Brighton game.

Some videos of his tactics

Great post. This video is insane, swap out Connolly, Maupay and Welbeck for the likes of even Ings and Callum Wilson and they're top 8 easily.

I'm a fan. He looks a very good coach and our options are narrowing.

I see no reason why he couldn't quickly effect a positive change in the way we play. He knows the league, knows our players, and even if he just transferred his coaching principles to us, he'd make a difference.

My doubts about him, are, like others have said about his presence and charisma. Does he have that obsession to win that the top managers have? I don't know, but I think he'll improve us, and that's what we need at the moment.

Great post. This video is insane, swap out Connolly, Maupay and Welbeck for the likes of even Ings and Callum Wilson and they're top 8 easily.

Also a fan. It looks like it'd be really exciting, fun to watch football, which would be a massive upgrade over Mourinho ball. I think Dele could be amazing again in his system.

Those cutback passes into the box are really nice to watch. It wouldnt be as easy at us, as more teams play with a low block against us. But still, very nice to watch. Trossard looks like a world beater in that video.

Potter is the next Poch, it's so fucking obvious but I don't think Levy can see it. No surprise when you consider Levy was all over Van Gaal but had to settle for Poch when the Dutchman said no to the offer of managing Spurs

i've never seen anything about him and spurs linked together, it was totti lobbying on this forum for him because his team runs pretty as i remember.

Potter is a good manager sure, but as explained previously, he's a fucking personality vacuum. In terms of football, he truly plays "the Spurs way", which is attacking, entertaining football. However, the jump from a relegation fodder like Brighton to Spurs is not as easy as people think, let alone the fact that Brighton's CBs are just as good as Tottenhams.

I'll post it...again.

He has managed a team that I truly believe is a striker away from being top 10. I have rattled off these statistics time and time again, but HERE WE GO!

BrightonTottenhamWest Ham
League Position15th7th4th
Draws12 (most)77
GF33 (13th)52 (5th)51 (6th)
GA38 (9th)35 (6th)39 (11th)
xG43 (8th)42.4 (11th)42.6 (9th)
xGA30.7 (3rd)38.3 (10th)37.2 (7th)
xGD/900.40 (5th)0.13 (9th)0.17 (8th)
SoT%27.3% (20th)37.7% (3rd)36.2% (8th)
Sh/9012.65 (7th)11.03 (13th)11.48 (12th)
G/Sh0.07 (16th)0.14 (1st)0.13 (2nd)
KP289 (8th)235 (13th)252 (12th)
GF= Goals For, GA= Goals Against, xG= expected goals, xGA= expected goals against, xGD/90= expected goal difference per 90, SoT%= shots on target %, Sh/90= shots per 90, G/Sh=goals a shot, KP= key passes

Potter has a team of championship-level players playing out of their fucking skin. They are where they are because they have Neil Maupay, Danny Welbeck, and Trossard as their main attackers.

They have conceded 3 more goals than us...big deal. A key, I think a lot of people ignore is how close they have been to turn their 12 draws into some wins. They dominate opposition more often than not and the following rundown shows why they can't convert these wins.

Brighton fucking sucks at shooting. They get more shots off than Spurs and WH, they have more key passes, and have a beautiful expected goal tally, but again, THEY CAN'T SHOOOOOOOT!

Their xG is better than us and West Ham. Shots per game? More than both us and WH.

So why are they 15th? It's not the defense...they have the 3rd best xGA and are the 9th tightest team. It's because they can't finish!!! They get more shots off, but can't hit the target. In fact...they are dead fucking last in terms of accuracy.

more...you know why we are 7th? Kane and Son. We sit first in Goals per shot. Brighton sit 16th, right where you will find them.

So instead of looking solely at a table for your justification as to why a manager isn't good enough, maybe you should look into some things and watch a Brighton game.

Some videos of his tactics

Stinking hippie.
GET OFF MY LAWN

Potter is a good manager sure, but as explained previously, he's a fucking personality vacuum. In terms of football, he truly plays "the Spurs way", which is attacking, entertaining football. However, the jump from a relegation fodder like Brighton to Spurs is not as easy as people think, let alone the fact that Brighton's CBs are just as good as Tottenhams.
Sure he doesn't have a sparkling personality but neither does Poch. If personality is important we could have kept Jose

In another thread I got called out when I equated their play to Man City with the amount of cut backs they get.

Proof right here. Foden, Silva, and the list of Man City players make a living off this style of play.

Oh yeah, it was To Dare Is To Do. To Dare Is To Do. when I said the following in the "POLL: WHO DO YOU WANT MOST AS OUR NEXT MANAGER?" thread.

"You watch Brighton and you will see they create similar chances to what City does all the time, they get to the byline and do a ton of cutbacks. The difference? Class in finishing."

Last edited:

And to add...my boy Solly March! We should go after him and give up on Sergio. HG and a Andrew Robertson type. They have missed him dearly.

In another thread I got called basically an idiot when I equated their play to Man City with the amount of cut backs they get.

Proof right here. Foden, Silva, and the list of Man City players make a living off this style of play.

I don't ever remember us having a manager that had us playing this type of cut back football. City do it brilliantly, Arse under Wenger were also excellent at it

i've never seen anything about him and spurs linked together, it was totti lobbying on this forum for him because his team runs pretty as i remember.

Yeah, he was speaking his name back in 2017. I have been adamant he should be our man since Poch's last days and I am happy people are at least giving the man a chance. He might not be the character some people want, but he is a modern coach who knows how to work with players.

I don't ever remember us having a manager that had us playing this type of cut back football. City do it brilliantly, Arse under Wenger were also excellent at it

Yeah, Poch was far less focused on movement in and around the box. When we got to the 18, he was more focused on breaking teams down via the middle of the pitch. Our breaks were fun with overlapping runs from Walker and Rose, but the interchange in and around the box with Potter is very Pep like.

Back
Top Bottom