Griffiths has gone...it seems

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Alexa, stop melting...”

61ikAJnULvL._AC_SR201,266_.jpg

I dont know ,but I do know this ;

Reo Griffiths
Striker Reo Griffiths was our Under-18s' top scorer in 2017-18.

Netting four hat-tricks in all competitions - including two in home games against Woolwich - he ended the campaign with 32 goals in 27 appearances at that level, in addition to one goal in six Under-19 UEFA Youth League games. He also stepped up to make four appearances for the Under-23s.

Born in Highgate, Reo played for Leyton Orient before joining us. He attended Chingford Foundation School and won a host of honours with their football team including three London Cups and four Essex Cups.

He made one appearance for our Under-18s in 2015-16, against Aston Villa, and was prolific in front of goal for our Under-16s, scoring over 30 goals

Melting lol, I am boiling, :mad:

Never mind ,as I said in an other thread I am sure Divock Origi or Rondon for £30 Million on the last day of the window will be fine replacements :pocheyes:

Another one more interested in being a ‘road man’ than focussing on his football, plenty more of his ilk in the latest crop coming through in this country unfortunately

Kid scored a lot of goals in the under 18s but could not convert that into performances for our u19s and u23s.

Bought into his own hype and got pissed off when he was told now by the first team staff.

Good luck to him on his future endeavors but if he is going to cancel his scholarship after being told no once he sure ain't no Harry Kane.

Without ever meeting the guy, he comes across as someone who was pretty cocky, probably thought he was ready at 18 years of age despite not playing a single minute of men's football and bullying kids he was probably a lot bigger than. It happens.

Nathan Delfouneso, Luke Moore, Nike Ranger, Jay Emmanual Thomas. He can go down that very same road..

He's happy to take hippy crack and take hits from a bong on video though and he's a young kid, so with all that money he can do whatever he wants. Just no longer as a Spurs player.

Any way, we've got Troy Parrott haven't we? Hopefully he doesnt expect to be starting games for the first team in a years time.

Maybe yes, but when was the last one who made a breakthrough ?

I have to wonder if the tweet above regarding pochs alleged promotion of Youth has some truth to it.

The last one then ? how many years ago was that exactly ?

I respect your faith, but I am not so sure any longer.

Its not like Janssen or Llorente are ever going to be great back ups for Harry is it ?

I think he should have been given a chance, if he is good enough ,he is old enough , Micael Owen for example :

"Michael Owen has announced that he will be retiring from football at the end of the season. In 1997, Owen, still only seventeen, convinced Liverpool he was ready to make his first team debut. When asked about his possible inclusion, Liverpool manager Roy Evans said bluntly: "if you are good enough you are old enough"

You only really find out by giving them a chance, if they fail...so be it, then you can disparage them.

I have to wonder if the tweet above regarding pochs alleged promotion of Youth has some truth to it.

Its not like Janssen or Llorente are ever going to be great back ups for Harry is it ?

I think he should have been given a chance, if he is good enough ,he is old enough , Micael Owen for example :

"Michael Owen has announced that he will be retiring from football at the end of the season. In 1997, Owen, still only seventeen, convinced Liverpool he was ready to make his first team debut. When asked about his possible inclusion, Liverpool manager Roy Evans said bluntly: "if you are good enough you are old enough"

You only really find out by giving them a chance, if they fail...so be it, then you can disparage them.
Thing is Griffiths was not good enough. He scored against a bunch of 17 year olds but could not do the same against the 19 year olds.

Also Winks broke through as far back as two years ago. And KWP became an established squad player last season.

To paraphrase Pochettino who I believe in turned paraphrased Sir Alex Ferguson: The further up the table a club climbs, the higher the standard becomes for the youth players expected in order to break through.

In short, the better we become as a club, the better our youth players have to become in order to grab a spot.

Who has said Poch was good at promoting youth?

He's great at developing and coaching players and has given youth players a chance in Bentaleb, Mason, Winks, KWP, Kane. As well as some at Southampton and Espanol too.

Not forgetting he's given the likes of Onomah, Harrison, Sterling, Georgiou and CCV their debuts for the first team too.

But ultimately he's now at a big club competing for Champions League football where the opportunity to give these young players a chance is pretty slim. This isn't just an issue at Tottenham. Hence why many young players from the biggest clubs in the country have looked to leave for more game time.

Griffiths has Kane ahead of him. Winks had Dembele, Dier, Wanyama etc. - it's a testament to how hard THESE youngsters work as to how far they go.

Amos looking like another one whos hard work may get him some squad appearances next season

You his dad or summit?

suspicious-gif-18.gif

Back
Top Bottom