Guglielmo Vicario

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Filthy play but no foul. Vic will be wiser because of it.

Let's do it back to them next game.
This aged well! :ange-hands-head:

Vic is going to be a world class keeper however if the refs aren’t going to protect him he needs to be stronger and go through the oppo defenders if they try that shit again, with a knee to the back they won’t be trying it again- trouble is ref would probably send him off so we are fucked

Eff it, he’s just going to have to start being dirty himself. If he concedes a penalty then at least he’s sent a message that there’s a price to pay for initiating contact with him.

For someone who is aggressive in open play he needs to replicate that in dead ball situations.

This aged well! :ange-hands-head:

Vic is going to be a world class keeper however if the refs aren’t going to protect him he needs to be stronger and go through the oppo defenders if they try that shit again, with a knee to the back they won’t be trying it again- trouble is ref would probably send him off so we are fucked
If someone was backing into me, I'd be temped to position my leg so they trip over it. Can't be done for setting your legs. Not easy when you need to be ready to pounce, but there's half a second's window of opportunity, I'm sure.

I don't think he's been very good for a little while. Good shot stopper not very commanding.
He was commanding (catching several crosses) when they didn’t have someone deliberately backing into him.

He’s lanky rather than solidly built, and as such would benefit from one of our players offering some protection from those trying to get away with stealth fouling him.

Very good keeper. Needs to nudge or give a little push to players backing in to him. Or we could get a player to block them off & push the player trying to unsettle him out the way.

If he's getting no protection, then time to get the arms up and elbows bent into their faces.

Also need one of our defenders getting involved pushing him off the keeper.

Absolute basic sunday league stuff.

Needs to toughen up in his own fucking box, can't expect to get saved by the referee or VAR every time.

Especially after this week teams are gonna target him with corners and free kicks, better be prepared for it.

Last edited:
He dealt with the fouls quite well tbh.

Weird that parts of the fanbase are digging him out for being weak or not strong enough though. He claimed a shit load of high balls and the one blatant foul resulted in the goal.

Not really sure what else he's meant to do without protection from both his team mates and the officials.

This is an easy fix, just stick a player between the goalie and the attacker, it will get called as a foul more often that not.
I'm not trying to be funny but refs genuinely don't call fouls in the box against us. Ange said it in his press conference too. It's bordering on wilful negligence. Basically the only solution is for our keeper to man up and start punching people.

Last edited:
He dealt with the fouls quite well tbh.

Weird that parts of the fanbase are digging him out for being weak or not strong enough though. He claimed a shit load of high balls and the one blatant foul resulted in the goal.

Not really sure what else he's meant to do without protection from both his team mates and the officials.
It was a foul, but a soft foul, so if we're relying on getting those given, likely we'll concede more unfortunately.

Second goal, Braithwaite is nodding in from a yard out. I thought Vic was a bit deep there.

Very good keeper. Needs to nudge or give a little push to players backing in to him. Or we could get a player to block them off & push the player trying to unsettle him out the way.

Exactly, he doesn’t need to clatter anyone. But he just lets opponents lean on him rather than shoving them out the way.

Every team is going to do this to him now so he’s got to be a bit stronger. If you want the ref to give a foul then you’ve got to draw his attention and play hard not just crumple because someone lightly obstructs you.

It was a foul, but a soft foul, so if we're relying on getting those given, likely we'll concede more unfortunately.

Second goal, Braithwaite is nodding in from a yard out. I thought Vic was a bit deep there.

A fouls a foul mate. Soft or not.

Once the referee sets the precedent that it's not allowed, it stops.

Sadly, you seem to be allowed to push the goalkeeper out of the way without any attempt to play for the ball against us.

I
Exactly, he doesn’t need to clatter anyone. But he just lets opponents lean on him rather than shoving them out the way.

Every team is going to do this to him now so he’s got to be a bit stronger. If you want the ref to give a foul then you’ve got to draw his attention and play hard not just crumple because someone lightly obstructs you.
Yeah he doesn’t even lean back in to them or anything. Very odd. It’s like he thinks if he makes any contact with them it’s an automatic penalty.
If he leans back in to them & they return it with extra force that’s where he needs to draw attention to it & get the foul. The commentator also pointed out he gets quite upset & angry & goes looking for fights & arguments with opponents & mentioned a few incidents. He needs to stay a bit more calm & keep his head in the game.
Surely this week in training they will pepper him with crosses whilst someone keeps annoying him by leaning in to him & trying to block him etc.

It's his 1st season in the EPL, so give him time.
He was fouled on the first goal and most probably taken by surprise by the deflection from Romero on the 2nd goal - although I would have liked to have seen him a bit longer out on the ball the lead to Everton's equalizer (as he could have gotten a hand on the ball).
But don't forget that Spurs wasted a few big chances that should have put the game away.

Back
Top Bottom