Guglielmo Vicario

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He was passive for both goals. The first goal he is definitely being backed into by Harrison but he's just allowing it to happen. He should be doing the exact same thing but doesn't and then complains after (it's not like Harrison is some massive unit or something).

The second goal he definitely could have attacked the ball more but was concerned about impact.

How do you push someone and jump at the same time?

Did you actually watch the goal?

Second one was about leaving Branthwaite free to get to the ball

So, has anyone found out what we done differently then in the second half from corners?

They had 3 and Vicario pretty much claimed all of them. Their threat from set pieces was non existent until the fluke equaliser.
we didn't do anything different. In Dyches post match interview he admitted that Harrison simply "forgot " to go next to Vicario when the corners came in in the second half.

Last edited:
I've got some ridiculous theory that it's a tactic Everton employ just a couple of times a match where by it's enough to have a big impact i.e lead to a goal but they don't do it all the time that it gets flagged as a foul.

You watch, next week they'll be doing it again.

It was no coincidence that once the fouling stopped, Vicario was catching the ball again.

Why would you stop if it's not being punished tho?

How do you push someone and jump at the same time?

Did you actually watch the goal?

Second one was about leaving Branthwaite free to get to the ball
I'll answer your questions in stages.

Harrison was initiating contact prior to the cross coming in. If Vicario responds at that time Harrison is not in the position to pull off a a clear block and definitely not for the amount of time he managed to do so. Vicario did nothing which gave Harrison the opportunity to get in the perfect position to make it extremely hard for Vicario to do anything when the ball was put in.

yes.

watch the second one again and look at Vicario. It's definitely not a goalkeeping error but if he moves in a forward direction straight to Braithwaite it's a 50/50 on sho gets there first. He continues to go backwards instead.

Harrison was initiating contact prior to the cross coming in. If Vicario responds at that time Harrison is not in the position to pull off a a clear block and definitely not for the amount of time he managed to do so. Vicario did nothing which gave Harrison the opportunity to get in the perfect position to make it extremely hard for Vicario to do anything when the ball was put in.

yes.

watch the second one again and look at Vicario. It's definitely not a goalkeeping error but if he moves in a forward direction straight to Braithwaite it's a 50/50 on sho gets there first. He continues to go backwards instead.

I’ll have another look at what went on before the first one. Seems beside the point to me because Harrison made no effort to play the ball, he just took Vicario out as he was jumping. The clearest foul you will ever see .

Second one, you want him to start coming out before Romero heads it or after?

I’ll have another look at what went on before the first one. Seems beside the point to me because Harrison made no effort to play the ball, he just took Vicario out as he was jumping. The clearest foul you will ever see .

Second one, you want him to start coming out before Romero heads it or after?
I'm nit picking at the second and it's clearly not a goalkeeping error but the trajectory of the ball when Romero heads it was clear it wasn't going to reach the net. Vicario kept going backwards to the point that he looks behind the goalline. Had he noticed it wasn't going in and move forward towards Braithwaite it was 50/50 on who would reach it.

refs are not giving those fouls anymore for the first one so he needs to be proactive and Start giving some back or just concede again and again and cry about it after the ball is in the net.

Why would you stop if it's not being punished tho?
I'm not sure, it's just a silly theory. I'm just as baffled Everton stopped putting a man on Vicario in the 2nd half and I can only think that if they do it so much it will get flagged as a foul and refs will clamp down on it, yet by doing it on the odd occasions it doesn't get flagged.

I'm not sure, it's just a silly theory. I'm just as baffled Everton stopped putting a man on Vicario in the 2nd half and I can only think that if they do it so much it will get flagged as a foul and refs will clamp down on it, yet by doing it on the odd occasions it doesn't get flagged.
Maybe the ref gave them a word, idk.

I'm nit picking at the second and it's clearly not a goalkeeping error but the trajectory of the ball when Romero heads it was clear it wasn't going to reach the net. Vicario kept going backwards to the point that he looks behind the goalline. Had he noticed it wasn't going in and move forward towards Braithwaite it was 50/50 on who would reach it.

refs are not giving those fouls anymore for the first one so he needs to be proactive and Start giving some back or just concede again and again and cry about it after the ball is in the net.
Bet they’d give the foul if we did it.

Oliver actually gave one earlier in the game that was less of a foul imo

I'd say he's a 'Keeper that doesn't want this. If you stick a player between him and the oppo there is an argument that he's even more crowded (pinned). In order to get to a cross he now has to out-jump two players. There is also an argument for a foul to be easier to commit by oppo player pushing our defender into the 'keeper (this is what West Ham were doing last season to great effect and got away with it almost every game).

Not necessarily

What I mean is getting a player to mark Harrison, remember he's trying to get a run on the keeper so he won't be stationary, if he stands on Vicarios too early then all he's doing is making it obvious what his intentions are.

Nathan sums it up, do what Brentford do:

View: https://twitter.com/NathanAClark/status/1754412291163095166?t=CXNrI4cV1YrCXXiOODCn3Q&s=19

Last edited:
Teams will deliberately play for corners now. I’d be interested in seeing if the average corners against us increases since the City FA cup game. In any case, it’s an area of development for Vic

yes.

No he doesn't, Harrison initiates contact when the ball pretty much reaches the edge of the 6 yard box.

Not necessarily

What I mean is getting a player to mark Harrison, remember he's trying to get a run on the keeper so he won't be stationary, if he stands on Vicarios too early then all he's doing is making it obvious what his intentions are.

Nathan sums it up, do what Brentford do:

View: https://twitter.com/NathanAClark/status/1754412291163095166?t=CXNrI4cV1YrCXXiOODCn3Q&s=19

So, the tactic he's suggesting makes a lot of sense. But does it force us to give up the zonal tactic we have been using all season and go man for man?

Also, the examples he gave are interesting because Harrison from Everton was the only one that I thought was a clear foul.

So, the tactic he's suggesting makes a lot of sense. But does it force us to give up the zonal tactic we have been using all season and go man for man?

Also, the examples he gave are interesting because Harrison from Everton was the only one that I thought was a clear foul.

It's either that or leave Vicario vulnerable.

Back
Top Bottom