GYLFI SIGURÐSSON TO SPURS....DONE!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Re: GYLFI SIGURDSSON TO SPURS....MAYBE

SadlerTHFC said:
Gylfi Sigurdsson decide Liverpool or Tottenham Hotspur today says his father Sigurdur Adalsteinsson.
“Gylfi wants to play at the highest level possible - every player wants to do that - but the opportunity has to be right.
“He hasn’t made up his mind yet. There are plenty of clubs interested in him. There are some in Germany, but Gylfi wants to play in England.
“The main aim for Gylfi is to be in as good a team as he can be and play for the best club possible. He is no different to anyone else.
“Liverpool and Tottenham are both in Europe next season so that is not the question.
“I have seen the stories that he is demanding a certain amount of money per week and they are rubbish. He just wants a normal salary and be on the same as other players at the club.
“The bottom line is he just wants to play and the main thing football-wise is to find the right team which will suit him the most.
“It always helps when you know the coach like Brendan Rodgers. He is a very good trainer. But does that mean Liverpool? Maybe, maybe not.
“He is thinking what is best to do and will have a decision by Sunday.”
Sunday, you say?

JULY 1ST, MOTHERFUCKERS!

Well, just keep in mind that he is contracted at Swansea still (today is the last day.) As much as it seems to line up with the rest of the ITK, it could just be a coincidence.

SadlerTHFC said:
Gylfi Sigurdsson decide Liverpool or Tottenham Hotspur today says his father Sigurdur Adalsteinsson.
“Gylfi wants to play at the highest level possible - every player wants to do that - but the opportunity has to be right.
“He hasn’t made up his mind yet. There are plenty of clubs interested in him. There are some in Germany, but Gylfi wants to play in England.
“The main aim for Gylfi is to be in as good a team as he can be and play for the best club possible. He is no different to anyone else.
“Liverpool and Tottenham are both in Europe next season so that is not the question.
“I have seen the stories that he is demanding a certain amount of money per week and they are rubbish. He just wants a normal salary and be on the same as other players at the club.
“The bottom line is he just wants to play and the main thing football-wise is to find the right team which will suit him the most.
“It always helps when you know the coach like Brendan Rodgers. He is a very good trainer. But does that mean Liverpool? Maybe, maybe not.

Where did you get this from, mate

Pyro_era said:
SadlerTHFC said:

Where did you get this from, mate

He's a link mate:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... ool-946847

As I've said all along, I think he still chooses Liverpool. I'd love to be proved wrong but this shit just reeks of post-Harry press agenda.

At least he's more of a luxury signing so no one should be too broken up about it if we miss out. It just makes more sense for him to join LFC, unless we really are paying much more.

Maybe I'm just conditioned to expect failure, but this one just stinks to high heaven.

yiddo2786 said:
Really not sold on Sigurdsson I have to say. Don't think he's better than Rafa at all.

I don't think anyone will disagree with you. But Rafa can't play every game and we may now employ a manager who understands the meaning of the word rotation.

nssmuckers said:
As I've said all along, I think he still chooses Liverpool. I'd love to be proved wrong but this shit just reeks of post-Harry press agenda.

At least he's more of a luxury signing so no one should be too broken up about it if we miss out. It just makes more sense for him to join LFC, unless we really are paying much more.

Maybe I'm just conditioned to expect failure, but this one just stinks to high heaven.

You're always so negative even on reddit

Be more like benny :bae: LOL

Meh he doesn't even need to be better than Rafa. With 2-3 years as VDV's understudy I'm sure he'll improve massively, and then we'll have ourselves a ready made replacement for when VDV's ready to fade away.

Pyro_era said:
nssmuckers said:

I'm not really concerned about this one, to be honest. If he comes, nice. I do like the player a lot. But if not, it's not like we've lost out on one of our massive targets. This is a rotation player who has a ton of upside. There are plenty of fish in the sea. I'm just being honest based on logic and an overriding feeling.

Who are you on reddit, by the way ? :p

nssmuckers said:
Pyro_era said:
nssmuckers said:

I'm not really concerned about this one, to be honest. If he comes, nice. I do like the player a lot. But if not, it's not like we've lost out on one of our massive targets. This is a rotation player who has a ton of upside, but I'm just being honest.

Who are you on reddit, by the way ? :p

Aren't we trying to sign this Brazilian kid called Oscar, he's only 20 or so and he has potential to be even better than Rafa in a few years.

And I'm Superluka :bae: LOL (Kidding)

I read on another forum that we were talking about Oscar but I've seen nothing to make me believe it's anything other than bullshit.

If given the choice between Sigurdsson and Oscar, well, it's not even worth talking about. Oscar is going to be a god. If we're really in for him, we best get him before the Olympics start.

Glory to Croatia.

YidoBuckler said:
yiddo2786 said:
Really not sold on Sigurdsson I have to say. Don't think he's better than Rafa at all.

I don't think anyone will disagree with you. But Rafa can't play every game and we may now employ a manager who understands the meaning of the word rotation.

Also Sigurdsson is 7 years younger than Rafa, so it's unreasonable to expect him to be the more complete player now.

Ganso's been out injured for brasil, and Oscar has been playing very well as his replacement. Might be above him in the pecking order come time for the olympics too. Safe to say he looks the business. In the brasilian side he has 2 defensive midfielders behind him though, so I imagine he's more of the van der vaart mould than the modric replacement he's being billed as.

But you can judge for yourself. This was a brilliant match. He's #10
http://livetv.ru/en/eventinfo/122511_argentina_brazil/

Back
Top Bottom