Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Prem
15/16 28 goals in 38
16/17 30 goals in 29
17/18 37 goals in 30
18/19 17 goals in 28
19/20 18 goals in 29
(Last two seasons a combined 6 assists so let’s not pretend it was his change in role)

20/21 13 goals in 21 and on course for the same as last year.
Scoring 10-15 less goals a season in the same playing time and people say he’s better now

You've really jumped the shark this time. You've chosen to troll the forum by slagging off our best player just so you get attention. You used to be just about tolerable but you're just a downright attention seeking annoyance now.

You've really jumped the shark this time. You've chosen to troll the forum by slagging off our best player just so you get attention. You used to be just about tolerable but you're just a downright attention seeking annoyance now.
I simply prefer 30 goals to 18 and 17 goals in seasons he played 2,500 PL minutes each

Not trolling, just accepting that 13/12 more goals a season is the better season

I think your overall point is that Kane isn't world class. I have heard you say it a few times. Some people disagree. What is the problem? Do you think he should be dropped?
I’m sure he also said he thinks he is the best striker at the moment , but he doesn’t class him as world class , so I doubt he is even considering him to be dropped , it’s just Sammy doesn’t rate him as highly as the rest of us , which is fine , this place would be boring if we all thought the same ?

I think your overall point is that Kane isn't world class. I have heard you say it a few times. Some people disagree. What is the problem? Do you think he should be dropped?
I don’t have a problem with him being just below world class, others do.

It’s not my overall point whatsoever. My overall point is that he’s been poor and our toothless attack is costing us.

I think any player should risk being dropped. At this stage I wouldnt drop him but I wouldn’t hesitate to sub him off for Vinny over the last couple of months.
I thought he was abysmal yesterday and it’s not the first time.

I went through all this with Dele and Eriksen, it’s fine.

Stop running away.
You're just giving further proof that this is Kane's limit. You've found him out. Great, now what?

Keep moaning? Hope Kane trains really hard and surpasses his peak? That's daft to put it nicely but all you can offer as you're clearly scared shitless to go back on what you've said re: investment/Levy providing the right conditions. And don't go running in circles again it's transparent.
sammyspurs sammyspurs since your notifications don't work for the other thread

I’m not sure what the question is, but for Harry to be better, Harry needs to play better.

That’s the solution.
Oh so after selective reading and hiding comes playing dumb once I chase you up?

The question is what do we since you've now shown us Kane's true level.

Training harder won't fix it, as you've shown it's been going on for YEARS and he's peaked. If he didn't work hard enough when he outscored Messi and Ronaldo it's safe to say he won't ever train hard enough.

So now what?
Find someone else to blame?
Blame Kane for hitting his limit forever?

Come on Sammy

Oh so after selective reading and hiding comes playing dumb once I chase you up?

The question is what do we since you've now shown us Kane's true level.

Training harder won't fix it, as you've shown it's been going on for YEARS and he's peaked. If he didn't work hard enough when he outscored Messi and Ronaldo it's safe to say he won't ever train hard enough.

So now what?
Find someone else to blame?
Blame Kane for hitting his limit forever?

Come on Sammy

What now?
Kane needs to play as well as he can

Ive already answered it. There isn’t anything that will improve Kane’s form unless he improves his form.

What now?
Kane needs to play as well as he can

Ive already answered it. There isn’t anything that will improve Kane’s form unless he improves his form.

Difficult to improve your form when the team plays toilet and the manager doesn’t believe in attacking football. Any team in the World would take Kane if they could and don’t try and deny that, he has everything bar pace. If he was playing for City this season he would bag 30-40 goals easily.

But he is not prime Messi he will not be coming deep in midfield, beating 3 players and scoring. If we cannot provide much in the way of service what do expect.

Difficult to improve your form when the team plays toilet and the manager doesn’t believe in attacking football. Any team in the World would take Kane if they could and don’t try and deny that, he has everything bar pace. If he was playing for City this season he would bag 30-40 goals easily.

But he is not prime Messi he will not be coming deep in midfield, beating 3 players and scoring. If we cannot provide much in the way of service what do expect.
Oh here’s comes Messi again whoopy

Swings and roundabouts, I could say how can Bergwijn or Moura improve their form when the whole team is poor?

Or is that only and excuse for Kane?
Why is the common perception that shit players should lift the world class ones, rather than the other way around?

And how is it that Kane was in form earlier in the season despite Moura, Dier Davies etc all still being “absolute shit”

Oh here’s comes Messi again whoopy

Swings and roundabouts, I could say how can Bergwijn or Moura improve their form when the whole team is poor?

Or is that only and excuse for Kane?
Why is the common perception that shit players should lift the world class ones, rather than the other way around?

And how is it that Kane was in form earlier in the season despite Moura, Dier Davies etc all still being “absolute shit”

Becuse we have a manager who has given us no pattern of attacking play, everyone in a straight jacket worried about defending and nothing else.

This isn’t Kane’s true level though. He’s playing below his level.

How haven’t you understood this?
He's been playing below his true level for his whole life?
So we should just berate him until he plays to the level YOU believe he's capable of despite YOUR own evidence we overrate him?
This the hill you want to die on?

Sammy are you okay?

You're saying everyone overrates Kane and he's not as good as we think
WHILST ARGUING THAT HE IS NOT PERFORMING TO HIS TRUE LEVEL AFTER GIVING STATS AND ARTICLES THAT SHOW OVER YEARS WHAT HE'S CAPABLE OF.

You're chatting nonsense just to argue something with someone. You pick Kane as that's the bait that gets you the most argument.

He's been playing below his true level for his whole life?
No when he broke through he was in world class form but in my opinion it was way too early to call it.
The last few seasons he’s been world class on his day, and anonymous off it.

I think he’s had too many no shows to be labeled world class, because my judgment of world class is to compare all time greats, not just current rivals.

So generally, Kane is just below world class as player for me, due to inconsistency and form dips

Right now, he is below his best.

Back
Top Bottom