Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It was too early to call
He was showing world class form but time showed that he is just below world class overall as a player

In my view
I’ve explained why I feel that way
Okay so what did we win when he was showing world class form? Fuck all. But you said he operates in the right conditions for success.
HOW CAN KANE SHOW WORLD CLASS FORM AND NOT WIN ANYTHING WHILST ALSO OPERATING IN SUFFICIENT CONDITIONS TO WIN THINGS?

That means he has to be better than world class lmao. Messi is literally the bar YOU are setting.

Okay so what did we win when he was showing world class form? Fuck all. But you said he operates in the right conditions for success.
HOW CAN KANE SHOW WORLD CLASS FORM AND NOT WIN ANYTHING WHILST ALSO OPERATING IN SUFFICIENT CONDITIONS TO WIN THINGS?

That means he has to be better than world class lmao. Messi is literally the bar YOU are setting.
We won as much as we won now
Nothing

See my views on Poch as to why

We won as much as we won now
Nothing

See my views on Poch as to why
Ah okay so Kane was world class, Levy gave his manager the tools, but we didn't see success cos Poch.

Now Levy gave Jose the tools but Kane isn't world class and that's why we're not winning anything.

Is that what you're saying? Just to be clear

He won't be beating greaves record because he's off after this season. Then everybody who insisted champions league football and a lovely stadium with amazing training facilities can try to convince me again about how football is somehow not about winning trophies. Poch was right years ago a painful rebuild was needed and we completely stagnated and never signed anybody for nearly 2 years. I wish kane all the best he's too good for this side put him in city and he starts scoring hat tricks again every week like he once did for us.

I agree and find it funny how you saying a bit more about the situation gets you agrees versus my disagrees. We both see him flourishing in the city side and he would, it would be fun to watch. I don't see how that is negative as a football fan first and foremost and then a Kane fan second.

Ah okay so Kane was world class, Levy gave his manager the tools, but we didn't see success cos Poch.

Now Levy gave Jose the tools but Kane isn't world class and that's why we're not winning anything.

Is that what you're saying? Just to be clear
No Kane was never world class.
He was showing world class form.....not every single week, but often enough to think he would be there in time.

Poch cost us numerous domestic cup campaigns due to his view they were meaningless, and playing experimental teams and losing to teams we had spanked and finished above in the PL, proving it wasn’t a squad problem.

We might win something under Jose, and I actually think we will win the Carabou.
Jose has enough players to be performing better than we are, just like Poch did at the end of his tenure.

I don’t remember saying that we won’t win anything this season due to Kane.
I remember saying if he, Son and. Ndombele had three more goals between them we might be in the top 4 right now.

I also remember saying Kane hit the bar in a one on one v Leicester that could have swung the title race. That was when he was peak and showing world class form.

Three years later, and that corner never really turned for him. He’s scoring less now than then, despite having a good three months as a play maker and everyone saying he’s a better player now.

No Kane was never world class.
He was showing world class form.....not every single week, but often enough to think he would be there in time.

Poch cost us numerous domestic cup campaigns due to his view they were meaningless, and playing experimental teams and losing to teams we had spanked and finished above in the PL, proving it wasn’t a squad problem.

We might win something under Jose, and I actually think we will win the Carabou.
Jose has enough players to be performing better than we are, just like Poch did at the end of his tenure.

I don’t remember saying that we won’t win anything this season due to Kane.
I remember saying if he, Son and. Ndombele had three more goals between them we might be in the top 4 right now.

I also remember saying Kane hit the bar in a one on one v Leicester that could have swung the title race. That was when he was peak and showing world class form.

Three years later, and that corner never really turned for him. He’s scoring less now than then, despite having a good three months as a play maker and everyone saying he’s a better player now.
Ah okay so Kane was showing world class form, Levy gave his manager the tools, but we didn't see success cos Poch.

Now Levy gave Jose the tools but Kane isn't showing world class form and that's the reason if we don't win anything. Alongside Son and *checks notes* Tanguy.

Presumably Son was also great in previous seasons, but Poch cost us? And now Son has declined from where he was under poor Jose?
Damn Jose can't catch a break!

Is that what you're saying? Just to be clear.

Ah okay so Kane was showing world class form, Levy gave his manager the tools, but we didn't see success cos Poch.

Now Levy gave Jose the tools but Kane isn't showing world class form and that's the reason if we don't win anything. Alongside Son and *checks notes* Tanguy.

Presumably Son was also great in previous seasons, but Poch cost us? And now Son has declined from where he was under poor Jose?
Damn Jose can't catch a break!

Is that what you're saying? Just to be clear.
All my answers to that is in the message you just quoted

the whole you not arguing with anyone lasted a record 7 days. You just can’t help yourself. If Son plays shite, it gets noted. If Kane plays shite, it gets noted. Harry Kane barely plays shite, so you are literally arguing with yourself here.
I’m not arguing with anyone about anything other than football.

I respect your opinion, just disagree with it, and am doing nothing other than responding to quotes.

Ive been pretty calm and collected, not risen to anything non football related, explained my opinions coherently, consistently, and explained how I’ve arrived at them.

Im not going to apologise because my view on Harry Kane is different to your view, and that makes you angry.
By getting along, I don’t mean agreeing with everything someone tells me they want me to think.

Sorry if you misunderstood and sorry if you feel disagreement has to be aggressive.
That’s not how I see it.

I genuinely couldn’t make out what you’re asking, but my views have been repeated to you and you are welcome to feel free to deduct whatever conclusion suits you
I've broken it down and made it so easy for a yes/no response (since open ended questions are rather futile with your constant running).

Ok here goes. You are saying

1) Kane showed world class form in the past. Levy gave Poch sufficient resources to win things. Poch fucked up. It's why we had no success. Players and chairman did their job, manager didn't.

2) Now Levy gave Jose sufficient resources to win things. Kane stopped showing world class form. Jose is doing good. If we don't win anything it's because Kane stopped showing world class form along with Son declining and Tanguy not doing enough.

Do those points accurately represent what you're saying?

I’m not arguing with anyone about anything other than football.

I respect your opinion, just disagree with it, and am doing nothing other than responding to quotes.

Ive been pretty calm and collected, not risen to anything non football related, explained my opinions coherently, consistently, and explained how I’ve arrived at them.

Im not going to apologise because my view on Harry Kane is different to your view, and that makes you angry.
By getting along, I don’t mean agreeing with everything someone tells me they want me to think.

Sorry if you misunderstood and sorry if you feel disagreement has to be aggressive.
That’s not how I see it.

Kane’s record speaks for itself mate. I really shouldn’t even need to sit here and justify his brilliance to you dude. I see it pretty much on a weekly basis with my very own eyes and I reckon 99% of the Spurs fan base agree with me too. You are just a very select few that doesn’t think the guy is outstanding or world class. No doubt your opinion, but you need to ask yourself, why are you in such the minority with this view on Kane

Kane’s record speaks for itself mate. I really shouldn’t even need to sit here and justify his brilliance to you dude. I see it pretty much on a weekly basis with my very own eyes and I reckon 99% of the Spurs fan base agree with me too. You are just a very select few that doesn’t think the guy is outstanding or world class. No doubt your opinion, but you need to ask yourself, why are you in such the minority with this view on Kane
I think there’s a much larger minority who see my point but sit there in silence like they did with Eriksen and Dele, until it became ok to jump on the majority bandwagon.

Im not scared of group pressure maybe that’s why I’m ok saying my opinion.

I also don’t think what I’ve said is that outlandish
Basically, my view in its most straightforward form is that Kane is just below world class and is off form.

The lengths people have gone to discredit that notion is astonishing

Back
Top Bottom