Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I’m at the point now where a part of me hopes that Harry goes on to Bayern / Madrid / Barca / PSG because the guy deserves to be playing with the best players in Europe and competing for trophies in the top tournaments.

He has bled for this club week in week out and we have given him nothing back, one of the greatest players of a generation deserves to be winning trophies not just personal accolades and milestones like goal scoring records.

I’m sure many will disagree but it’s starting to feel like he needs to move on and we can reinvest the money wisely because this squad needs a serious overhaul.

Also funny when you consider:
16/17Kane injured for 8 games
W5 D3 L0

18/19Kane injured for 10 games
W6 D1 L3
PL by the way so you’ve also got the CL quarters and semis won without him

19/20 Kane missed 9 games
W3 D3 L3

And here you are belittling Son without Kane
the conversation is regarding our poor form this season and whats happening now. Why are you going back to past history (again) when thats not even the debate? how weird are you?

5G 1 A? I swear, we were calling Harry a Lewandowski/KDB hybrid and the most complete striker a couple months ago. That narrative has complete disappeared hasn't it?

99% of us are afraid to call Kane and Son's unreal form a fluke. At the end of the day, Harry is a very good goal scorer but isn't a world class passer/creator while Son's unreal finishing was merely just a purple patch. Harsh, but it's just what it is.

The last dozen matches are more indicative of who they are as players. Very very good but probably not good enough to carry this team to a top 4 spot.

It's time we stop overrating these two and get realistic about what this team is otherwise we're never going to get anywhere.
I’ve no issue with people rating an in form Kane, just find it bizarre the refusal to accept that others rate him differently and don’t mind admitting when he plays rubbish.

People have finally started to admit he’s been poor, but seemingly need to throw goal his career goal stats around to justify him being poor.

the conversation is regarding our poor form this season and whats happening now. Why are you going back to past history (again) when thats not even the debate? how weird are you?
How amazing you never challenged a single post that mentioned how many goals he’s scored down the years and what a servant he’s been etc, but just now we are talking about Kane exclusively this season.

Well I’m not only talking about this season because my entire opinion of him his based on his career, and he’s had these spells way too often to just sweep it under the carpet

It’s ok to use Kane’s past seasons to defend him, but not Son’s. Why of course.

I’m at the point now where a part of me hopes that Harry goes on to Bayern / Madrid / Barca / PSG because the guy deserves to be playing with the best players in Europe and competing for trophies in the top tournaments.

He has bled for this club week in week out and we have given him nothing back, one of the greatest players of a generation deserves to be winning trophies not just personal accolades and milestones like goal scoring records.

I’m sure many will disagree but it’s starting to feel like he needs to move on and we can reinvest the money wisely because this squad needs a serious overhaul.

He is world class, his passing is world class, his movement is world class, his finishing is world class. Only Lewandowski or Haaland are at his level or better for out and out strikers. He leaves he could go to any team and get straight into any first 11 and we will not be replacing him.

He is now our second goal scorer of all time and if he stays he could take over Alan Shearer as the top Prem scorer and even Jimmy Greeves. We are lucky to have him and he is not the problem right now the problem is a average defence and a manager who has no idea how to coach attacking football.

Kane is a better footballer overall nowadays but give me 2016/17 Kane all day. Back then he scored goals like it was an addiction, now there are unfortunately quite a few matches he goes without bagging one.

Naturally, the team is worse than back then so it's harder with even worse tactics, but I just feel he doesn't have that attacking eye he used to and focus more on helping the team all over the pitch.
A large portion of this must surely be on the manager though? For most games (yesterday being a classic example) Kane is nowhere near the goal. He’s out on the wing or in his own half looking to play the ball to Son.

Or can it be put on our recruitment team for not getting a replacement for Eriksen? meaning Kane is Mourinhos only viable play making option?

Either way it’s a ball of shit. Kane is the best pound for pound number 9 in the world IMO, I highly doubt it’s his fault he’s unable to play that position.

He is world class, his passing is world class, his movement is world class, his finishing is world class. Only Lewandowski or Haaland are at his level or better for out and out strikers. He leaves he could go to any team and get straight into any first 11 and we will not be replacing him.

He is now our second goal scorer of all time and if he stays he could take over Alan Shearer as the top Prem scorer and even Jimmy Greeves. We are lucky to have him and he is not the problem right now the problem is a average defence and a manager who has no idea how to coach attacking football.
Berbatov, Bale, Modric

We got further without them than we did with them.
Maybe the same will happen when Kane leaves, how can you say we won’t be able to replace him?
I’m fairly sure you said Eriksen was irreplaceable too, but now Ndombele is one of the best players in the universe...

The stats for games won while Kane was injured points towards a slight hyperbole.
It’s like our fan base is Pep Guardiola

The whole Spurs record goal scorer thing is a token chalice though if it doesn’t also come with trophies being won in that period. If he’s the club record goal scorer during a period of consistent failure what is the point of even celebrating that?

Of course we can’t predict the future and trophies may be coming in the next year or two but if I was Harry I’d look at the state of this squad and have major doubts about the future of the club.

Considering his age, the best advice would be to move on this summer. I absolutely love the man and I love Spurs so it is actually difficult writing this but we have to face reality.

Berbatov, Bale, Modric

We got further without them than we did with them.
Maybe the same will happen when Kane leaves, how can you say we won’t be able to replace him?
I’m fairly sure you said Eriksen was irreplaceable too, but now Ndombele is one of the best players in the universe...

The stats for games won while Kane was injured points towards a slight hyperbole.
It’s like our fan base is Pep Guardiola

Eriksen was not irreplaceable, Kane is a much better player. We have two main options to replace Kane if he leaves and want a player of his ability in that role and that is Lewandowski or Haaland and we ain’t getting either. Kane is our best player and the best striker in the prem. it’s a shame you don’t see it but that’s not my issue.

As for Ndombele he is a baller and would be great for City or any team that play football but Jose wants him as a clogger.

Eriksen was not irreplaceable, Kane is a much better player. We have to main options to replace Kane if he leaves and want a player of his ability in that role and that is Lewandowski or Haaland and we ain’t getting either. Kane is our best player and the best striker in the prem. it’s a shame you don’t see it but that’s not my issue.

As for Ndombele he is a baller and would be great for City or any team that play football but Jose wants him as a clogger.
And again, can you explain how the same manager and team and tactics had Kane as the “best and most complete” striker on the planet during the autumn.

Have you ever considered that these players erratic form and inconsistency is an issue?

And again, can you explain how the same manager and team and tactics had Kane as the “best and most complete” striker on the planet during the autumn.

Have you ever considered that these players erratic form and inconsistency is an issue?

Perhaps but if you have no real attacking patterns or attacking game plan and it’s all about defending then is that really surprising.

Can you explain why we have always looked devoid of attacking ideas other than when Kane and Son play instinctively with each other. That is our whole attack and it stinks.
Because Bergwijn, Moura and Lamela aren’t good enough basically.

Can you explain why Kane and Son are not playing instinctively off each other anymore and Ndombele is not assisting them.
It’s the same team and manager and tactical approach.

The season is literally a 50/50 split in form for Son and Kane.
Nothing else around them changed though.

Perhaps but if you have no real attacking patterns or attacking game plan and it’s all about defending then is that really surprising.
Why wasn’t that the case for the first four months of the season though?

You’re not making sense.

Why has their form gone from the best partnership in Europe to this?
It’s the same set up and manager

Are you saying Jose had attacking patterns and game plan between August and mid December but then abandoned it all?

Because Bergwijn, Moura and Lamela aren’t good enough basically.

Can you explain why Kane and Son are not playing instinctively off each other anymore and Ndombele is not assisting them.
It’s the same team and manager and tactical approach.

The season is literally a 50/50 split in form for Son and Kane.
Nothing else around them changed though.

probably because most opposition teams know all we do is sit back and hoof the ball to Kane and Son, if they cut out the supply we are fucked.

Why wasn’t that the case for the first four months of the season though?

You’re not making sense.

Why has their form gone from the best partnership in Europe to this?
It’s the same set up and manager

Did you watch us in many of the early games. We often only had 1-2 shots on goal and scored from them, where were insanely good at taking our chances that is not sustainable. I can only count a few games where we genuinely deserved to win, we have never been good other than say Man United or one or two others.

probably because most opposition teams know all we do is sit back and hoof the ball to Kane and Son, if they cut out the supply we are fucked.
But Kane had 10 assists in the first 11, I thought he was providing as an all round world class attacker from deep. Son was replicating the assists to Kane.

Now it was just hoof ball? Where was we hoofing it to? I heard Ndombele was masterful in midfield? Now he didn’t have the ball at all, we hoofed it to Kane who hoofed it to Son?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom