Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

mate honestly if you are like this in real life its best you get some help.

you linked old articles of Kane being off form which literally nobody has denied there has been times he's been off form. The act of posting those old links were pretty much pointless as literally nobody denied he has had periods of poor form.

People disagree with your opinion that its Kane'spoor form currently (according to yourself) that is costing us currently above other more blatant pressing issues.
I don't think he is a problem at all, but I have zero intrest in debating the preposition with anyone that invested in their point of view. Its the thing I find the most boring and troublesome about the whole idea of Internet forum's. People wildly commited to convincing strangers there opinion that captain Kirk is a better captain than Picardy really really matters. I can live with folk thinking he isn't or ...that actually its Sisko.

I think there’s a much larger minority who see my point but sit there in silence like they did with Eriksen and Dele, until it became ok to jump on the majority bandwagon.

Im not scared of group pressure maybe that’s why I’m ok saying my opinion.

I also don’t think what I’ve said is that outlandish
Basically, my view in its most straightforward form is that Kane is just below world class and is off form.

The lengths people have gone to discredit that notion is astonishing

I don’t see what your notion of world class is. If you are saying he isn’t as good as Messi and Ronaldo, then no doubt you have a valid point, but any football supporter, wether you are a Spurs fan or not, can see clearly that Harry Kane is a world class striker. Golden boot winner, premier league golden boot winner twice, constantly scores 20+ season in season out, assist record this season stupendous, continuously scores against the very best. Breaks records after records for Tottenham Hotspur and is close to becoming all our all time goal scorer. Isn’t to far away from potentially being England’s all time goal scorer. Unbelievably brilliant on the ball and intelligent off it. What in the hell don’t you find world class about him?

You can decide what you think I mean from my answers
There’s no formula that will prove Kane is world class and in good form.

I don’t. That’s my opinion and you are welcome to disagree with it.
The lengths people have gone to run away when challenged on their own points is astonishing.

"You can decide" lol have some shame. Simple question. Yes/no answer. If you feel I framed it wrongly tell me how.

Why are you terrified of making your position crystal clear?

I don't think he is a problem at all, but I have zero intrest in debating the preposition with anyone that invested in their point of view. Its the thing I find the most boring and troublesome about the whole idea of Internet forum's. People wildly commited to convincing strangers there opinion that captain Kirk is a better captain than Picardy really really matters. I can live with folk thinking he isn't or ...that actually its Sisko.
They have been arguing about it all Sunday.

I don’t see what your notion of world class is. If you are saying he isn’t as good as Messi and Ronaldo, then no doubt you have a valid point, but any football supporter, wether you are a Spurs fan or not, can see clearly that Harry Kane is a world class striker. Golden boot winner, premier league golden boot winner twice, constantly scores 20+ season in season out, assist record this season stupendous, continuously scores against the very best. Breaks records after records for Tottenham Hotspur and is close to becoming all our all time goal scorer. Isn’t to far away from potentially being England’s all time goal scorer. Unbelievably brilliant on the ball and intelligent off it. What in the hell don’t you find world class about him?
Really I’ve covered all this over and over again.
It’s all in the thread mate, I’ve no interest in going back to Day One of this debate and having it all over again

The lengths people have gone to run away when challenged on their own points is astonishing.

"You can decide" lol have some shame. Simple question. Yes/no answer. If you feel I framed it wrongly tell me how.

Why are you terrified of making your position crystal clear?
My position is crystal clear.
Kane is just below world class and off form.

That won’t change because you keep asking me questions about Levy and Poch

My position is crystal clear.
Kane is just below world class and off form.

That won’t change because you keep asking me questions about Levy and Poch
Levy & Poch are relevant as you feel -

1) Kane showed world class form in the past. Levy gave Poch sufficient resources to win things. Poch fucked up. It's why we had no success. Players and chairman did their job, manager didn't.

2) Now Levy gave Jose sufficient resources to win things. Kane stopped showing world class form. Jose is doing good. If we don't win anything it's because Kane stopped showing world class form along with Son declining and Tanguy not doing enough.

Correct me if I'm wrong rather than pussying out with some "I already gave my opinion take from it what you will" weak cop out bs.

Kane changes his form and helps Son and Ndombele out a bit
youre actually saying the problem is that Kane should help Son out more?

when Kane was injured Son proceeded to look like utter shite and no show every game Kane was out for. Kane comes back and Son manages to score again but the problem is Kane should help Son more? yes makes total sense.

when Kane was injured Son proceeded to look like utter shite and no show every game Kane was out for. Kane comes back and Son manages to score again but the problem is Kane should help Son more? yes makes total sense.
Poor Son getting abused
Awwwwwwww
Poor Son

It's almost like he's talking out of his arse and making new shit up as he goes along as all his old points get destroyed.

Levy & Poch are relevant as you feel -

1) Kane showed world class form in the past. Levy gave Poch sufficient resources to win things. Poch fucked up. It's why we had no success. Players and chairman did their job, manager didn't.

2) Now Levy gave Jose sufficient resources to win things. Kane stopped showing world class form. Jose is doing good. If we don't win anything it's because Kane stopped showing world class form along with Son declining and Tanguy not doing enough.

Correct me if I'm wrong rather than pussying out with some "I already gave my opinion take from it what you will" weak cop out bs.
No amount of irrelevant questions change my view

I agree and find it funny how you saying a bit more about the situation gets you agrees versus my disagrees. We both see him flourishing in the city side and he would, it would be fun to watch. I don't see how that is negative as a football fan first and foremost and then a Kane fan second.
If he wasn't spurs he probably would of been gone a couple of years ago. I think he's been more than fair with us but he's going on 28 29 now for himself and the quality of striker that he is I think he needs to go now and win some serious trophies.

I agree and find it funny how you saying a bit more about the situation gets you agrees versus my disagrees. We both see him flourishing in the city side and he would, it would be fun to watch. I don't see how that is negative as a football fan first and foremost and then a Kane fan second.
If he wasn't spurs he probably would of been gone a couple of years ago. I think he's been more than fair with us but he's going on 28 29 now for himself and the quality of striker that he is I think he needs to go now and win some serious trophies.

Re-posting from the Son thread:

While playing without Kane, Son has got 15 goals in 25 starts since the 18/19 season. 14 of those 15 goals came in open play and he's also got a handful of assists. This narrative that Tottenham can't play without Kane is a false claim. Here's the breakdown of Son/Tottenham's performance:

Champions League
Dortmund (1 leg) - Win/Advance - Goal
Man City (2 legs) - Win/Advance - Goal x3
Ajax (1 leg) - Win/Advance
*4 goals in 4 starts

EPL

9 Wins
5 Losses
2 Draw
*8 goals In 16 starts

Europa League

Lask (1 leg) - Win - Goal
*1 goal in 1 start

FA Cup

Middlesbrough - Win/Advance
Southampton - Win/Advance - Goal x2
*2 goals in 4 starts

Also funny when you consider:
16/17Kane injured for 8 games
W5 D3 L0

18/19Kane injured for 10 games
W6 D1 L3
PL by the way so you’ve also got the CL quarters and semis won without him

19/20 Kane missed 9 games
W3 D3 L3

And here you are belittling Son without Kane

It’s already been posted by someone, maybe you missed it.
First 11 games
8 goals 10 assists

Next 10 games
5 goals
1 assist

Yep definitely the same
5G 1 A? I swear, we were calling Harry a Lewandowski/KDB hybrid and the most complete striker a couple months ago. That narrative has complete disappeared hasn't it?

99% of us are afraid to call Kane and Son's unreal form a fluke. At the end of the day, Harry is a very good goal scorer but isn't a world class passer/creator while Son's unreal finishing was merely just a purple patch. Harsh, but it's just what it is.

The last dozen matches are more indicative of who they are as players. Very very good but probably not good enough to carry this team to a top 4 spot.

It's time we stop overrating these two and get realistic about what this team is otherwise we're never going to get anywhere.

Back
Top Bottom