Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Why wasn’t that the case for the first four months of the season though?

You’re not making sense.

Why has their form gone from the best partnership in Europe to this?
It’s the same set up and manager

Are you saying Jose had attacking patterns and game plan between August and mid December but then abandoned it all?

Ppl think we were doing phenomenal in the first few months lol. No we werent. We were at the top of the table only bc other top teams were doing terrible. We won only 7 matches out of the first 12 matches in PL. We lost/tied to West Ham, Newcastle, and Crystal Palace. We also barely won against West Brom, Burnley, and Brighton. Only 1 goal difference.

But Kane had 10 assists in the first 11, I thought he was providing as an all round world class attacker from deep. Son was replicating the assists to Kane.

Now it was just hoof ball? Where was we holding it to? I heard Ndombele was masterful in midfield? Now he didn’t have the ball at all, we hoofed it to Kane who hoofed it to Son?

We don’t use Ndombele, he is great with the ball at feet but we go long. We don’t play possession football even in the slightest.

Did you watch us in many of the early games. We often only had 1-2 shots on goal and scored from them, where were insanely good at taking our chances that is not sustainable. I can only count a few games where we genuinely deserved to win, we have never been good other than say Man United or one or two others.
9 shots v Everton 5 on target

23 shots v Newcastle
12 on target

9 shots v Saints 6 on target

9 shots v Burnley 3 on target

11 shots v West Ham 6 on target

22 shots v Utd 11 on target

That takes us into mid October....you’ve let the City 2-0 cloud your judgement on how we used to play

But Kane had 10 assists in the first 11, I thought he was providing as an all round world class attacker from deep. Son was replicating the assists to Kane.

Now it was just hoof ball? Where was we holding it to? I heard Ndombele was masterful in midfield? Now he didn’t have the ball at all, we hoofed it to Kane who hoofed it to Son?
It's the Harry Kane team when we're winning. When we're losing it's the Eric Dier/Sanchez/Aurier team. Didn't you know that?

Ppl think we were doing phenomenal in the first few months lol. No we werent. We were at the top of the table only bc other top teams were doing terrible. We won only 7 matches out of the first 12 matches in PL. We lost/tied to West Ham, Newcastle, and Crystal Palace. We also barely won against West Brom, Burnley, and Brighton. Only 1 goal difference.
Good to know. City are good because everyone else is shit then

How amazing you never challenged a single post that mentioned how many goals he’s scored down the years and what a servant he’s been etc, but just now we are talking about Kane exclusively this season.

Well I’m not only talking about this season because my entire opinion of him his based on his career, and he’s had these spells way too often to just sweep it under the carpet

It’s ok to use Kane’s past seasons to defend him, but not Son’s. Why of course.
youre right...neither side should be doing that. If we are talking about current form and this season then generally speaking the other seasons are irrelevant to the conversation.

Simply working out your logic
We were top cos everyone else was shit
City are top cos everyone else is shit

So no ones good. Except Kane

lol. it seems like you still dont understand. Back to the original point. You have been saying we were doing very good in the beginning but suddenly became shit. No, we've been shit for the entire season. Look at the results I posted above again.

City was also shit in the beginning but they fixed their problems unlike us.

lol. it seems like you still dont understand. All of the top teams including us were doing terrible in the beginning. We just did a little better. Look at the results I posted above. Our results were not good enough to be at the top of the table. You have been saying we were doing very good but suddenly became shit. No, we've been shit for the entire season.

City just figured out their problems and got better and better and we didnt.
See below. We earned more than double the amount of points during the first 12 matches vs the next 12.

First 12 matches:
7W / 4D / 1L = 25 points
10 goals allowed
24 goals scored

Next 12 matches:
3W / 3D / 6L = 12 points
15 goals allowed
12 goals scored

If you take a look at the numbers, our goals scored has completely dropped off while the goals against is just marginally worse.

Also, where did this narrative that we're completely shit on defense come from? We are 4th in terms of goals allowed this season...

See below. We earned more than double the amount of points during the first 12 matches vs the next 12.

First 12 matches:
7W / 4D / 1L = 25 points
10 goals allowed
24 goals scored

Next 12 matches:
3W / 3D / 6L = 12 points
15 goals allowed
12 goals scored

If you take a look at the numbers, our goals scored has completely dropped off while the goals against is just marginally worse.

Also, where did this narrative that we're completely shit on defense come from? We are 4th in terms of goals allowed this season...

And you just proved my point. We've been allowing many goals from the very beginning. 24 goals scored in the first 12 games? We scored 11 goals vs Manchester United + Southampton. 7 wins? Could've been 4 wins easily instead. We barely won against some teams with only 1 goal difference, and we did not dominate those games. Nothing has changed since the beginning of the season.

And you just proved my point. We've been allowing many goals from the very beginning. 24 goals scored in the first 12 games? We scored 11 goals vs Manchester United + Southampton. 7 wins? Could've been 4 wins easily instead. We barely won against some teams with only 1 goal difference, and we did not dominate those games. Nothing has changed since the beginning of the season.
WTF are you reading? We've ALLOWED 10 goals the first 12 games and SCORED 24. You've got it backwards my man. Try again and interpret it correctly.

First 12 matches:
7W / 4D / 1L = 25 points
10 goals allowed
24 goals scored

Next 12 matches:
3W / 3D / 6L = 12 points
15 goals allowed
12 goals scored

WTF are you reading? We've ALLOWED 10 goals the first 12 games and SCORED 24. You've got it backwards my man. Try again and interpret it correctly.

First 12 matches:
7W / 4D / 1L = 25 points
10 goals allowed
24 goals scored

Next 12 matches:
3W / 3D / 6L = 12 points
15 goals allowed
12 goals scored

Just fking stick to one thread and stop spamming with the same response.

Just fking stick to one thread and stop spamming with the same response.
On a scale of 1-10 how angry are you? Seriously be more belligerent lol

Stick to the facts/numbers. You can try to spin it one way or another if that makes you feel better but the following stats/numbers is the reality whether you agree or not:

First 12 matches:
7W / 4D / 1L = 25 points
10 goals allowed
24 goals scored

Next 12 matches:
3W / 3D / 6L = 12 points
15 goals allowed
12 goals scored

On a scale of 1-10 how angry are you? Seriously be more belligerent lol

Stick to the facts/numbers. You can try to spin it one way or another if that makes you feel better but the following stats/numbers is the reality whether you agree or not:

First 12 matches:
7W / 4D / 1L = 25 points
10 goals allowed
24 goals scored

Next 12 matches:
3W / 3D / 6L = 12 points
15 goals allowed
12 goals scored

This guy must have failed math class for sure. There's something called "average" and "skewness" in math for a reason. If you want to argue more, go back to Son's thread and give me more facts.

He was decent but in a team playing with the ball more he could be outstanding.
Most people thought he was outstanding and world class.
lol. it seems like you still dont understand. Back to the original point. You have been saying we were doing very good in the beginning but suddenly became shit. No, we've been shit for the entire season. Look at the results I posted above again.

City was also shit in the beginning but they fixed their problems unlike us.
I understand perfectly
We were shit when we were top but Jane was good
Now we’re shit and 9th and Kane is world class

Back
Top Bottom