Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yeah fair enough, it is a tough one. I did mention in a previous post on here that I don't think he will leave purely because of his age, the fact there are other strikers available currently who are younger and I just don't think Daniel Levy would give him up easy, especially with having three years on his contract left.

I'd be interested to know what Kane's opinion on Jose is.

I think Harry is a club/team guy so he backs the manager whoever he is. I find it hard to see him basing his staying or going on Jose, when the results haven't been impressive. Everyone has their own views but for example I can't see him leaving if we sack Jose and bring in Nagelsmann but staying if we kept Jose.

I think for him it comes down to how much he values winning versus playing at one club that he has been at for his whole career and potentially being the top scorer in PL history. I just don't see anything that Jose offers that would trump those things. Perhaps if he was potentially coming in this season and Kane bought into the idea of him being a serial winner, but after seeing that it isn't working the past two seasons I don't know how that would keep him here.

This idea that Southgate overuses Kane is a counterfactual meme. This season he's been very aware of Kane's fitness levels. He's only used him for 90-120 mins per international break, which is less than half of England's game time. I expect the same again this time. I predict that he doesn't play until Poland.

I do think with Kane that a lot of his future at the club depends on Jose future. We all have our opinions on Jose but he is a big name/world class manager who can keep someone like Harry at the club purely because of what he's achieved in the game. Sack Jose and bring in someone who isn't a proven winner and that's when I think he would consider leaving.
I agree for this but for different reasons. If Jose gets sacked Kane will have stuck around for two projects that ultimately failed to deliver trophies, If we were to sack Jose you would presume a younger manager would replace him that would want to regenerate the team, would he want to risk it and stick around for another rebuild? I don’t know, but I hate to think of it. The press do enough linking him to other clubs as it is.

Absolutely love how now rival fans can’t take the piss out of his football ability or scoring record anymore, so it’s now “Harry Kane is a cheat”. What a pathetic bunch of bitter bastards. Rival fans absolute hate it that Harry Kane continues to prove he’s the best striker on the planet. They could only wish they had someone of his class. Bunch of inbred midland wankers, fuck off!!!!

Absolutely love how now rival fans can’t take the piss out of his football ability or scoring record anymore, so it’s now “Harry Kane is a cheat”. What a pathetic bunch of bitter bastards. Rival fans absolute hate it that Harry Kane continues to prove he’s the best striker on the planet. They could only wish they had someone of his class. Bunch of inbred midland wankers, fuck off!!!!
Was listening to Irish radio today and they had an advert for Power Paddy.
Basically you get your bet back if, and I quote, " you lose due to a dodgy decision such as VAR ruling out a goal or Harry Kane diving".

Anyone on here see the issue with his penalty yesterday? Ppl saying he was looking for it and dived etc. I saw a bad attempt at a cruyf turn and he was taken out, would've hurt a bit?

Has Kane fooled me to? At best he was inviting the contact but actually taken out

Am I the only one that thinks Kane intentionally didn't trap the ball? I've watched it a few times and for me he definitely looks like he knows exactly what he's doing. Even Tom Pope could have trapped that ball. Maybe I've been giving Kane too much credit, but I like my version more.

Dive in like a twat, like Cash did, in your own box and the chances are you're giving away a penalty. It was poor from him, lucky for us. But it was a stonewall penalty.

Been watching it again. He indeed tries to stop the ball with the left foot. At the same time his right leg is taken out.

A penalty, no doubt.

It is a penalty every day of the week. Yet because it is Kane and us you've every pundit, fan and journalist out to get him. It is beyond pathetic. It isn't like we get many penalties anyway. But you can guarantee it will sway the weak minded officials the next time he is fouled in the box.

I think with being 100 goals behind Shearer, he would only realistically go to City, but also think Scott would prefer Haaland.

I think what happens with Jose and investment will determine what he does. Far more worried about Son right now; Kane has a lengthy contract and won't go cheaply.

On a personal level for Harry, locking himself into a 6 year contract in 2018 maybe wasn’t the smartest move. That’s a very long time and things can change as they have radically since he put pen to paper in 2018. Levy won’t let him go this summer. Quite apart from that, there aren’t really too many destinations or options for him that would really represent an upgrade.

Anyone on here see the issue with his penalty yesterday? Ppl saying he was looking for it and dived etc. I saw a bad attempt at a cruyf turn and he was taken out, would've hurt a bit?

Has Kane fooled me to? At best he was inviting the contact but actually taken out
On the NBC stream the commentator seemed actually disappointed when the replay showed clear contact. It was just a sloppy moment from both of them.

Back
Top Bottom