Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Honestly can't see that, but it is the only one where he would feel like he made a difference. Same thing applies, though, he'd be buying a medal. They throw more money around than city. Staggering waste, really.
Do you think he will care though? He has played to the best of ability at the club he loves,and has f all to show for it?
I think ,should he go,he would happily go to a club where winning is a habit.

He wants out

He instructed his camp to leak the story - how can fans be so gullible. Sky are just repeating it, that's all
What's to gain? He waits 5 days, releases it officially and respectfully and no one can have a pop so why leak it? Got your tinfoil hat on mate for all those conspiracies?

What's to gain? He waits 5 days, releases it officially and respectfully and no one can have a pop so why leak it? Got your tinfoil hat on mate for all those conspiracies?
Hardly tinfoil. Sky source is obviously reliable and very close to Kane, probably his agents. It is more likely than not he consented to the leak as part of a strategy. A strategy he and his agents think gives him a better chance of leaving.

Other teams not wanting some players doesn't mean that we shouldn't. I wouldn't particularly want Ake, who's name is bounded around here a fair bit, but you can make a case for him being better than what we have and therefore he would improve us, certainly the squad. We're not going to be an attractive team for genuinely good players all thing considered, so some player exchange deals might get us better than what we can actually otherwise attract.
It's not just about getting the best player for us in the deal.
It's about sending a message that in order for these teams to take the best player we have, they're going to have to sacrifice one they value.
Bit like Hawkeye and Blackwidow

It's pretty obvious what he's gained

This is not a conspiracy - it's a fact
He gains nothing but hatred. Wait 5 days, release an official statement, we are all gutted but understand and he leaves on a high...what exactly does he gain leaking it out now? Leak it 4 months ago and it would be snide as fuck but you're telling me he couldn't wait 5 days? Hahahahahah. Have some sense.

How can anyone be upset with Kane wanting to go? He’s given the club everything and been a consummate professional his entire time here. Eventually you get tired being a bridesmaid - and that’s on Levy/ENIC.

Levy should stick around to negotiate us the highest possible fee but as soon as the ink has dried on the sale he needs to resign. His position at the club is untenable. Couldn’t win anything with this golden generation, time to step aside and let someone else have a crack at it.
Excuse Me What GIF by One Chicago

It's hearsay based on vagaries. It is most definitely NOT a fact. Ps I'm sure he wants to leave. I refuse to believe he has been a snide....someone in his team has fucked him and I'm sure he's fuming.
His team advised him to do it nice and early - that's all

There is no conspiracy

Harry Kane has told ENIC to fuck off at last

Do you think he will care though? He has played to the best of ability at the club he loves,and has f all to show for it?
I think ,should he go,he would happily go to a club where winning is a habit.
F all to show for it... not sure that's true. £200k a week, a mansion, growing family, fame and fortune...

He's got the stuff of dreams.

Also, he's played for the national team and hasn't won shit. Should he apply for Belgian citizenship? ...Joking, it's too late for that.

Honestly, I don't know the guy, but he seems smarter and more level-headed than Bale. And less egotistical than Eriksen, but who knows? I'd be disappointed, but I'd get over it. Like my other post says, we're not finding out until business has been done this summer.

You are making more absurd assumptions
No more absurd than those calling him a leaking snide....I just don't think, based on what we see if him in the media and on the pitch and how much he loves the club that he would leak something so damaging, 5DAYS before he could have done it officially once he's helped us into Europe.

I have no issue with Kane wanting to win trophies. But the club will obviously look out for itself, it’s a 3 year deal and anyone not expecting Levy to want a world record fee or something big like 150m or 170m doesn’t know Levy. We ain’t selling for 110m or 90m all on the basis that Kane has been good to us. You think Levy’s mind works like that?

Maybe PSG or City will come in with a 170m bid but it is more likely IMO we will do a Modric, he will go for a much reduced fee in 12 months. So either money that is beyond anything we have ever seen or 12 more months of Kane.

No more absurd than those calling him a leaking snide....I just don't think, based on what we see if him in the media and on the pitch and how much he loves the club that he would leak something so damaging, 5DAYS before he could have done it officially once he's helped us into Europe.
By officially you mean handing in a transfer request?
I think he wants out as soon as possible, that is all. The season is now over for us.

Back
Top Bottom