Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Another thing to consider is that, if we sell Kane, other clubs are gonna know we've got some cash to burn, and try to fuck us financially on any potential deals.

It's what Levy would do!
The smart thing to do is to invest this summer.

National managers are open to offers.
Fill in some gaps in the team.
See if Harry wants to go for real (I seriously doubt it if we get good players and an exciting manager in).

Then, and only then, sell Harry if he still wants to go with the knowledge our business has already been done.

Anything else is just bad planning and there's no way Levy is a that kind of fool.

I don't really get this mindset, where is the achievement in going to City and re-winning everything they have already won multipletimes over?

You might as well just bulk buy a bunch of medals on ebay. They could buy Vinicius from Benfica and they'll still win whatever they were going to win next year anyway.

What's even more baffling to me is why the media are so desperate to force moves like this? Do they really want every single decent player at the top one or two clubs? For the English Prem to become just another SPL?

What is so bad about good players being spread across the division?
But Harry hasn't won anything somif course he deserves the chance. He's played his heart out for us and is a legend.

Buried in all this stuff - so deep that many won't see it, is this...

Sources have told BBC Sport that the England captain, who has a contract until 2024, has not handed in an official transfer request or directly communicated a wish to move.

Still go on as if it's a given he is off - same as all the other press.

One of his mates has said something somewhere if there is truth to it.

We all understand he may want to consider a move, it's the method he's employing to achieve that which is the issue, leaking info to Sky Sports tossers right before an important game. I still can't believe he's gone down that route. Basically doing what Walker did but Walker wasn't "one of our own."
Not sure he leaked it...doesn't seem like the H we know and love right so let's not jump to conclusions

We all understand he may want to consider a move, it's the method he's employing to achieve that which is the issue, leaking info to Sky Sports tossers right before an important game. I still can't believe he's gone down that route. Basically doing what Walker did but Walker wasn't "one of our own."
He's employing? Show me exactly where he has said that....words out of his mouth proof ..not some sky sports hack hearing a rumour.

Honestly can't see that, but it is the only one where he would feel like he made a difference. Same thing applies, though, he'd be buying a medal. They throw more money around than city. Staggering waste, really.
Why is it buying a medal and which medal will he be buying at Utd?

Surely they are a massive recent example of where throwing money around doesn't guarantee success

Footballers wanna win stuff right?
He gave it a fucking good shot with us right?
He stayed extra years when maybe he shouldn't have right?
Who are you to say he doesn't deserve the opportunity to out a medal in his neck in a final?
Sure, I'm disappointed that it's not with us but he's given his all for us and it's never quite happened so of course he should have the opportunity to try elsewhere

Also, fuck your shit about multi millionaire this, privileged that: he's one of the most humble, down to earth footballers I've seen and your statement just shows you don't know him at all....if he wanted more money, he would have gone years ago. He wants the trophies and he ain't worried about the pay rise that will probably come with it

You've mugged yourself right off there fella....slagging off one of the most humble and greatest players ever to play for us.

He was fucking asking City players about living in the North in March, that's a shitty and disrespectful way to behave. And he's leaking stories to the press. He's behaving like a cunt. Leave if he must but don't leave like a cunt and disrupt preperations for an important game which we need to secure European football!

If he was not happy with the media reporting, it would take him 2 minutes to tweet 'please ignore the media stories, I am now fully focused on trying to help Spurs get to the European football.'
He wants out

He instructed his camp to leak the story - how can fans be so gullible. Sky are just repeating it, that's all

Sources have told BBC Sport that the England captain, who has a contract until 2024, has not handed in an official transfer request or directly communicated a wish to move.

Strange the club won't just say that when asked. I suppose from those sources one can infer that he has told the club indirectly. ;)

He was fucking asking City players about living in the North in March, that's a shitty and disrespectful way to behave. And he's leaking stories to the press. He's behaving like a cunt. Leave if he must but don't leave like a cunt and disrupt preperations for an important game which we need to secure European football!
Show me the proof. Were you there? You've just chosen to beieve the clickbait narrative and lost your shit mate. Does it seem like the Harry you know? Not at all. Stop just believing rumours and getting pissy: I do believe he wants to go but it's some shit in his camp that's leaked this: not the man himself so why is H the cunt?

Don't believe everything you've read!

But we have had a whole season without fans since then. Also we had a record net spend last year but it's not impressive compared to our rivals record net spends. It's just that we have had relatively low net spends in all our previous years under Enic so its not really difficult to create new records.
Think we were 2nd or 3rd last season for net spend? Hard to find figures because a lot of sources seem to exclude making Lo Celso a permanent transfer.

Just for some context - this is a graph of our net spend on a rolling 3 year average by season over the past 16 years.
Highlighted the key stadium development milestones.

stadium-net-spend.jpg

We nose dived our net spending during the planning phase, maintained a negative net spend whilst planning was being approved, land acquired etc. Secured loans, paid out for things, then towards the stadium opening our spending started to increase.
Now the stadium is done, with long term debts secured - our spending has taken a sharp increase back to, and just slightly exceeding previous levels we were at before the stadium build started moving.

Here is the same graph with flat net spend season by season - without a rolling 3 year average;

stadium-net-no-3-yr-ave.jpg

I genuinely believe our net spend will continue to grow in line with the clubs growth and income.

I'm not sure Harry Kane will sit down with Levy to look at graphs or financial projections when thinking about his future though.

One thing in our favour is that Kane thinks he could be playing at the top level for another 10 years.
He might genuinely think there is time to win everything at City for 3-4 years, then come back to us in his 30s to finish the job he started - breaking the record set by Greaves.

Good work. I'm waiting to find out what's actually true.

Back
Top Bottom