Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

People's views of contracts on here are so fucking wrong.

He signed a contract boohoo

He signed a 6 year contract because Levy said it's 6 years or you get less money.
It's 6 years because we want to be in the strongest position possible when wealthy clubs decide to try and buy you.
Kane didn't sign a 6 year contract because he was committed to staying for 6 years.
NO ONE DOES THAT.

The bit about asking City players how it is living in the NW has done me in tbh, if that's true then not only is he a cunt, he's a fucking moron too.

It's 3 hours up the fucking road, not another continent and culture you gobshite.

Let's be real hear. City is the only club who can buy him and rhat Levy would let him go go.
United don't have the money, Chelsea is rival so that's off.

Madrid and Barcelona have too much problems on their own, they won't buy 28 year old for 130M.

PSG? Hard to tell with their attacking options.

I can't blame him, he was let down by the board... but I just wish he loved Spurs more than trophies. I know it's sounds like pathetic.

Going to City is just the easy way out.

The very top players, which Kane is, want trophies to look back on once their careers are over. If Kane didn't have ambition to win the biggest things in football he would be absolutely mental. He has next to no chance with us.

They need Kane more than Sancho. Greenwood is doing well playing on the right for them, In a few years time they could play Kane deeper, like a number 10, and Greenwood up top if they wished to. Kane is still not even 28 and the way he's adapted his game already, he will be playing at the top for at least another 5 years yet with a bit of luck on his side every player needs. If he joins United he guaranteed them 30+ goals in a team that creates more chances than we do, if he stays fit. He'll be the difference between finishing 2nd well behind the likes of City and a genuine title challenge.

Cavani has just signed a new one year deal though and I'm sure he didn't sign it to be a backup to anybody.
Surely the wheels are due to come off though? They're not that good a team and it's not the 90s/00s anymore. Kane is far too good for them now.

Do we know who leaked all this? Crap end to a crap couple of seasons

The very top players, which Kane is, want trophies to look back on once their careers are over. If Kane didn't have ambition to win the biggest things in football he would be absolutely mental. He has next to no chance with us.
I agree.
But he would be bigger in eyes of some fans if he wins cups with us rather than winning already won league with City.
Going to the club that just won PL and possibly CL is easy way out.

Bur he gave us amazing 8 years. Can't blame him. I hope Spurs fans know that. No-one is bigger than the club, but don't boo Kane when he plays against us.

Let's just consider for a second that ENIC are going nowhere and not going to change their model at Spurs.

If we put our foot down and said "You've got 3 years left Harry and we aren't selling you"

What happens in 3 years?
Kane is 31. He leaves on a free.
And ENIC don't give what ever pleb manager have any where near the kind of money it would take to replace a once in a generation striker.
This is the crux.
If it was City, Chelsea, United, they could easily afford to put their foot down and refuse to sell. They throw their toys away when they're not using them anymore. Chelsea usually cook the books and make it look like they got a lot more money too.

Not Spurs. Not Levy.

It's his fault Kane is leaving. The only way he can salvage anything from this is to get absolutely the best deal possible.
And that isn't taking unwanted players in exchange.

If I was Levy and city offered me Ake, I'd say Dias or fuck off.
If United offered Lingard I'd say Shaw, Slab Head and Martial or fuck off.

We need a rebuild and we need top drawer players. Not cast offs who can't get in our rivals teams.

Other teams not wanting some players doesn't mean that we shouldn't. I wouldn't particularly want Ake, who's name is bounded around here a fair bit, but you can make a case for him being better than what we have and therefore he would improve us, certainly the squad. We're not going to be an attractive team for genuinely good players all thing considered, so some player exchange deals might get us better than what we can actually otherwise attract.

Surely the wheels are due to come off though? They're not that good a team and it's not the 90s/00s anymore. Kane is far too good for them now.

I don't think they'll finish 2nd next season unless they do sign Kane plus one or two more top players. Liverpool will come back next season, 100%, and Chelsea should only be better unfortunately.

Kane would sort United out. Another massive brick in their slow rebuild under Solskjaer. Not guaranteed trophies, but they would be better again with Kane.

I don't really get this mindset, where is the achievement in going to City and re-winning everything they have already won multipletimes over?

You might as well just bulk buy a bunch of medals on ebay. They could buy Vinicius from Benfica and they'll still win whatever they were going to win next year anyway.

What's even more baffling to me is why the media are so desperate to force moves like this? Do they really want every single decent player at the top one or two clubs? For the English Prem to become just another SPL?

What is so bad about good players being spread across the division?

I agree.
But he would be bigger in eyes of some fans if he wins cups with us rather than winning already won league with City.
Going to the club that just won PL and possibly CL is easy way out.

Bur he gave us amazing 8 years. Can't blame him. I hope Spurs fans know that. No-one is bigger than the club, but don't boo Kane when he plays against us.

I think if some 21st century Nostradamus cunt told Kane now that if he stayed he would win one or two trophies, it would be enough to tempt him to stay. Nobody can question his love for the club, the same as nobody could Gerrard for Liverpool when he had practically signed for Chelsea after years of being Roy of the Rovers for Liverpool. But the sad truth is there's far more chance of him not winning anything if he stayed with us another few years or whatever than there is of us winning anything other than perhaps something like the FA Cup.

How about how fortunate Kane's been? Never had to do a day's work in his life and a multi millionaire just for playing football, and it was all on his doorstep where he was given this oppurtunity. So many modern footballers have no concept of how privileged they are. They always want more and poor poor Kane hasn't got any winner's medals so he wants to go to the place he's guaranteed them, even if he hardly plays or is just wheeled out by Guardiola for special occasions to play in front of fans for whom he'll just be their latest new toy they'll soon get bored of and villify every bad game and start demanding another new toy instead.

I really thought Kane was more than that, I'm so disappointed in who he's revealed himself to be.
He hasn't revealed himself to be that, though. Reign it in! Wait until the man himself speaks.

Can blame him for wanting trophies, but until he hands in a transfer request, just reign it in.

See Leicester as a prime example.
Its worth spending a minute or two looking at the state of finances at Leicester. They are broke, owe significant monies and their losses are frightening and that’s with selling the likes of Chillwell and Maguire

Ther regularly spend over 80% of total income on wages and yes the 19/20 figures were impacted by COVID they ,Leicester, don’t get mega money by way of gate receipts so the 105% of total income spent on wages is not great news

Back
Top Bottom