Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If Harry goes to City then Jesus will not get as much game time. He has already had to put up sharing time with Aguero so he might think it's time to move on anyway and may be open to being part of the deal. I don't know how ambitious he is though.

Jesus already gets hardly any game time because he's so bad that Pep prefers to play a midfielder up front instead of him. He's rubbish. Anyone could score the tap-ins he scores for City. As an individual he has no real quality.

Why does it matter if Kane, his brother or his Grandma has leaked anything? We don't have anything left to play for this season so it's not a disruption to anything. Kane is now at the stage where he's going to do what he believes is best for Harry Kane. We all have those moments in life, where we feel we have to put ourselves first.

Huh? We need to win our last two games to guarantee Europa league or we could end up in the Europa conference. We even have an absurdly unrealistic chance of CL qualification if all the remaining results go our way. How is this nothing to play for?

Kane's timing is pretty awful - last summer no one had money and this summer there's a bit more but not really. But also it coincides with his year 27/28 summers so it makes sense from a career standpoint.

Jesus already gets hardly any game time because he's so bad that Pep prefers to play a midfielder up front instead of him. He's rubbish.

I don't think he's rubbish, albeit I've never been much of a fan. He's certainly not City first 11 class. But he averages a goal better than every three games for City and isn't far off a goal every other game for Brazil, so he's far from rubbish. He's definitely not an ideal Kane replacement though, and isn't really capable of playing a lone forward role anyway. WITH Kane he would probably be great with a run of games and some confidence.

This Kane situation is why we need a DOF in the first place. To ideally avoid this entirely but in case something like this does occur to make the right decision for the club.

Levy's wrapped up far too much of his pride in the squad Poch built.

Why does it matter if Kane, his brother or his Grandma has leaked anything? We don't have anything left to play for this season so it's not a disruption to anything. Kane is now at the stage where he's going to do what he believes is best for Harry Kane. We all have those moments in life, where we feel we have to put ourselves first.
To Kane perhaps there's nothing left to play for. For Spurs there's still the 0.0001% chance of Top 4, then EL and still a worst case scenario to avoid of no Europe and finishing below The Arse. Not to mention the better prize money on offer for each increasing final position.

Not glamorous perhaps but there's still a little bit to play for.

To Kane perhaps there's nothing left to play for. For Spurs there's still the 0.0001% chance of Top 4, then EL and still a worst case scenario to avoid of no Europe and finishing below The Arse. Not to mention the better prize money on offer for each increasing final position.

Not glamorous perhaps but there's still a little bit to play for.

Well yeah, but it's really clutching at straws. I think I read he wants a move to happen before the Euros, which is less than a month away now. So waiting another week or two to remind teams and managers that he's open to a move wouldn't have put him in a good position for that. For ourselves the sooner he goes the more time we have to actually try and find a suitable replacement too. How would us fans feel if he waited until after the Euro's to say he wants out and then we're left with a couple of weeks before the season starts up?!

I’ve always thought we did ok with those transfers. Eriksen turned out to be fantastic for at least three seasons. Lamela has been a steady eddy. Soldado was a dud, but we had every reason to expect he would be good. Likewise Paulinho. Chadli had his moments.

It was only Chiriches that was an absolute stinker.
Capoue, Paulinho, Chiriches, Soldado, Lamela, Chadli and Eriksen

only Eriksen ever shone, and even he stunk the place out eventually. Chadli was OK at best and Lamela was/is unreliable (on many levels) due to injury
the rest - meh!

We have Europa League qualification to play for. He has put himself first, that is true.

...Only when you post, Mick. Only when you post.
Yawning2.jpg

Well yeah, but it's really clutching at straws. I think I read he wants a move to happen before the Euros, which is less than a month away now. So waiting another week or two to remind teams and managers that he's open to a move wouldn't have put him in a good position for that. For ourselves the sooner he goes the more time we have to actually try and find a suitable replacement too. How would us fans feel if he waited until after the Euro's to say he wants out and then we're left with a couple of weeks before the season starts up?!
I've already said I want him gone quick if he's going to allow us the maximum time to plan in the close season, I don't think it would have hurt to wait 6 more days though. If results and goal difference swings wildly against us even Leeds in 10th could still overtake us, and that would be a catastrophic end.

Back
Top Bottom