Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We have Europa League qualification to play for. He has put himself first, that is true.

Might do us better to avoid that competition next season while we rebuild. Good on him for putting himself first I say. He would have to genuinely have a screw loose to want to stay at a club owned by Levy and with mediocre players left, right and center. There are exceptions like Totti of course who stay at their club throughout their careers, and Gerrard. But even those two actually had some silverware to show for it. Roma actually had an outstanding side at the turn of the century with players like Totti, Batistuta, Emerson, Candela and Samuel.

A contract is a contract is a contract

We should keep Kane three more years .

Daniel needs a long vacation, easier to relax if he doesn't bring his phone.

This club is terrible at signing strikers: Janssen, Soldado, Llorente, Vicinius ..

If we had more money to spend we would just have more money to waste.

There's not a good reason this couldn't have waited a week. Don't understand what his agency is trying to do except piss the club off more. This just makes Levy dig his heels in.

They are just trying to force it. They know Levy has a meeting with THST today, with no manager in place this is the time to try and force an exit. Levy is in the weakest position he's ever been in, he disgraced himself with the ESL, has just fired the manager and we have no money. If Kane wants out then the time to push Levy is now.

DL just needs to tell Kane no and tell Sky Sports to F off and eject them from every press conference. If we lose Kane for nothing in 3 years time so be it but until then he is a Spurs player and more valuable to Tottenham than whatever we receive in cash for him you cannot buy that number of goals and assists a season. DL needs to prove he has ambition so that does not happen though and convince Kane he can win at Spurs.

This shouldn’t be a surprise to anyone. All the media reports in the past few weeks stem mostly from leaks from the Kane camp.

Harry Kane has wanted to leave Spurs for over a year and that has been evident to most transfer watchers.

Poch also wanted out after the CL final and he was expecting approaches from Madrid and from Man Utd. When neither club moved, Poch stayed, remain unsettled, with the consequent average results on the field.

This should be evident to all. Sometimes, it’s a case of reading between the lines.

Kane’s camp have been pushing out transfer stories into the press for weeks now. The only surprise is that anyone is surprised.

And yes, he will move to another EPL club. Kane decides where he moves to, assuming an offer is there. Not Levy.

And the fee will be paid over the length of the contract Kane signs. If he signs a 5 year deal, then a reported fee of 150 million will be roughly 10 million deposit, 90 million paid over 5 years and 50 million in additional payments and clauses.

When a fee is paid like this – which is how pretty much all deals are constructed, such as when Spurs sold Bale – it allows the buying club to write off the player’s value.

It is also how the buying club can afford what looks like an intimidating figure.

They are just trying to force it. They know Levy has a meeting with THST today, with no manager in place this is the time to try and force an exit. Levy is in the weakest position he's ever been in, he disgraced himself with the ESL, has just fired the manager and we have no money. If Kane wants out then the time to push Levy is now.
I know what they are trying to do and Levy is weak and the timing of this summer makes sense given his age and the state of the club

But the issue is that Levy undoubtedly thinks the opposite: that now is not the time to appear weak and sell Kane and this stunt just made it harder for Kane to get what he wants.

Kane's timing is pretty awful - last summer no one had money and this summer there's a bit more but not really. But also it coincides with his year 27/28 summers so it makes sense from a career standpoint.
Is it Kane's timing?

Kane said he was happy to stay if Spurs were progressing and challenging. Last two seasons we've been shit and showing no signs of progress or even ambition. Who knows with Levy if he gave Kane the "One more season then you can go" promise.

An air of inevitability about Kane's desire if not the ultimate outcome.

All it should do and personally I am disappointed Sammýspyrs is not here to comment is once again make us realise idol worship only extends and goes one way.

And why whatever is ever said about Gerrard and Shearer one is never disloyal or traitor. Now I know that comes with reasons but they will always remain high in esteem to their beloved fans.

If Kane moves and then goes on to break Shearer' s record it will give me zero pleasure. Repeat zero.

I support the club always. Players are as fickle as Fcuk until they aren't.

We have Europa League qualification to play for. He has put himself first, that is true.

And we're not even guaranteed of finishing above Woolwich yet. If we don't get 3 points against Villa we've put our backs against the wall needing get something from Leicester and other results to go our way. In the he worst case scenario we could still finish 9th!

I know what they are trying to do and Levy is weak and the timing of this summer makes sense given his age and the state of the club

But the issue is that Levy undoubtedly thinks the opposite: that now is not the time to appear weak and sell Kane and this stunt just made it harder for Kane to get what he wants.

I don't think it made it harder at all. As Modric and Bale know, to get away from Levy this is the dance you have to do. Now we have to wait and see who puts the money on the table.

Levy should of been in his weakest position the day he sacked Poch and hired Mourinho. Ludicrous decision.

A majority of City fans don't want him.

They want Haaland I presume?

I'm sure a majority of City fans would love to have Kane in their team. Would they want to spend £150m on him? Probably not, but they don't care about the blood money. If they sign him they will be jumping for joy.

There's not a good reason this couldn't have waited a week. Don't understand what his agency is trying to do except piss the club off more. This just makes Levy dig his heels in.
That is one thing that doesn't add up, another is that knowing the club inside out like he does Harry would hang his hat on a "gentleman's agreement" with Levy. Good luck with that.

A contract is a contract is a contract

We should keep Kane three more years .

Daniel needs a long vacation, easier to relax if he doesn't bring his phone.

This club is terrible at signing strikers: Janssen, Soldado, Llorente, Vicinius ..

If we had more money to spend we would just have more money to waste.
Barring Soldado, all of those you mention were bought solely as back-up strikers. Janssen had one good half season in his career, Llorente was on the decline and Vinicius is a late developer who won't be EPL standard.

A first choice striker should be a bigger investment than a loan or £15million.

Will find it very hard to follow Spurs next season if Harry Kane goes. People can talk shit all they want about how the club moves on. In this instance, no we definitely don’t. This would set us back 10 years and I don’t think we will ever recover from it with the quality of the other top teams. We don’t have the resources or the owners that harbour the ambition to push us forward and selling Harry to a direct rival would be the final nail in the coffin. I believe the Spurs fans relationship with this mob is on a knife edge. The only way this gets resolved is if Spurs go all out this summer and show Harry we mean business. Completely invest in the defence and risk it. Spend money we haven’t done before. Show Harry he needs to stay to win trophies next season. Give us 1 more season, but our board and Levy have to spend and spend big. This is all their fault this mess.

Back
Top Bottom