Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Loan him to city for a season , let him win everything , then have him back

Then he’d be a bigger hero as he wins us something City can never win . The Championship playoffs

Last edited:
I'm not saying it's my timeline. To counter your argument why should it be in the timeline you want that suits your anti Kane agenda. Allmof your points are relevant but 5 days makes no difference to him wanting to leave so he wouldn't have said it until after the final game. Some snidey bastard in his 'team' leaked this purposely and it's fucked H.

I don't have an anti Kane agenda at all.
I think he should leave, he has given us everything and more, and deserves success in the game, success we obviously are not prepared/able to give him.
Kane is too good for us.

But to say that some snide has leaked it without Kane's agreement is behaving like an ostrich.

Without doubt he has instructed his agent (his own brother) to find him another club and make it known he is wanting out, and in all likelihood in response to hearing the plans the club has for this summer, and due to the club going back on its word with him last summer, he feels he has to take the initiative.

You and others like you are saying he's leaked it and done it in purpose etc. Read your posts and those others. Fucking disgraceful.
He hasn't leaked anything - he has effectively released an unofficial statement

Our season ended when we lost to Zagreb and then lost Top 4 - the last 2 games are meaningless for him

Take away the injuries and you have a guy that would already be the clubs all time top scorer imo. Shit cunt owners fucked it up again but this time not only are we losing our best player but the best all round striker in europe. I don't blame or hate kane for leaving if we was in his shoes we would all do the same thing.

Even if it costs us European qualification? A mountain of negativity around the club in the build up to a game? He really couldn't have waited a week, you really think that was too much to ask? Why not wait till after the major tournament, which was when Suarez said he wanted out of Liverpool if I recall?

No I'm glad it's happened now, I'd much rather he leaves asap and all parties move on. I don't want a whole summer of speculation. We will have a new manager, he needs to know his budget to bring in the players he wants(the club wants)

The timing potentially costing us European qualification? We are where we are, it's been a shite season and where we finish will have nothing to do with this info leaking out.

All this tells me is we're back to spending what WE spent before taking a dip. Meanwhile the market has moved on and higher fees have been the case everywhere.

There is no evidence from 20 years of ENIC to suggest we will ever compete in the transfer market .
We went back and above previous levels of spending during a lockdown pandemic.

On a 2 year average, we have £81.54 mil net spend over the last 2 seasons.
Our previous 2 year average net spend record before that was £58.87 mil.
An increase of £22.67 mil, or 38.5%.

Last season in isolation, only City & Chelsea spent more than us - who lets be honest, won't be hurt too much by a global pandemic. They will just pull out another billion from the back of the sofa when it suits them with no repercussions.

Sad Arrested Development GIF

It's not just about getting the best player for us in the deal.
It's about sending a message that in order for these teams to take the best player we have, they're going to have to sacrifice one they value.
Bit like Hawkeye and Blackwidow

Yeah, I get that. It won't work though. Teams are always only going to let players go that they feel are expendable. We're not going to realistically attract better players than the likes of Ake and Jesus without Champions League football, regardless of how much we get for Kane and how much of that Levy gives to our new manager, whoever that is.

The likes of Bissouma and players of that level are the best we're gonna be able to do this summer, regardless of what happens. Good players that probably aren't much if any better than the one's we have. But hopefully some that have some potential left to fulfill so they can actually improve.

Yeah, I get that. It won't work though. Teams are always only going to let players go that they feel are expendable. We're not going to realistically attract better players than the likes of Ake and Jesus without Champions League football, regardless of how much we get for Kane and how much of that Levy gives to our new manager, whoever that is.

If we can't attract better players than Ake and Jesus this summer we may as well give up right now and liquidate the club. Neither of them are better than what we have now.

If we can't attract better players than Ake and Jesus this summer we may as well give up right now and liquidate the club. Neither of them are better than what we have now.

Personally I'd swap Sanchez and Dier for Ake in an instant. But if you're hoping for better caliber players than those two, prepare yourself to be extremely dissapointed this summer.

I don't have an anti Kane agenda at all.
I think he should leave, he has given us everything and more, and deserves success in the game, success we obviously are not prepared/able to give him.
Kane is too good for us.

But to say that some snide has leaked it without Kane's agreement is behaving like an ostrich.

Without doubt he has instructed his agent (his own brother) to find him another club and make it known he is wanting out, and in all likelihood in response to hearing the plans the club has for this summer, and due to the club going back on its word with him last summer, he feels he has to take the initiative.
I find it very disingenuous by Kane and his Brother if they have done this. I do not care about Levy, We as Spurs fans have paid good money and supported him for almost 20 years by supporting Spurs and to turn his back on the fans is unforgivable for a plastic club run by people who endorse state rape and state murder is disgusting. The fact is if it was not for clubs like City and PSG distorting football with their sports washing , I am certain we would have won a title under Poch. The fact is the media was far too concerned about the ESL when football was already broken by these people investing billions of pounds of state money into football which makes it impossible to compete. Sheikh Mansour and his ilk are the lowest form of scum they do not see other people they just see the washing of their names when they win.

Back
Top Bottom