Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don't regret anything about Harry or defending him. I know what he has given to the club, I'm happy with it and tbh couldn't care less if he forces a move by any means necessary. What concerns me more is what WE do with the money, how WE move on. Fucks sake grow up man

Even if it costs us European qualification? A mountain of negativity around the club in the build up to a game? He really couldn't have waited a week, you really think that was too much to ask? Why not wait till after the major tournament, which was when Suarez said he wanted out of Liverpool if I recall?

Am absolutely APPALLED and DISGUSTED by the way some people on here are talking about the best player we have seen in a spurs shirt for many a year and someone who has given everything for the cause and the badge. It's making me quite tearful to see how little respect some people here have given the guy who has given us such tremendous highs and exhilaration even in the darker times at our club.
For me, Harry dared to do and I love him for that.:dierpochhug:
Who? Haven't seen anything negative in the last few pages at least.

Some in here make out he's the antichrist. Melts.
Loved your post though.
No way would H leak something malicious. He waits 5 days, releases a lovely statement, we all cry, wish him well and wave him on his way. He has nowt to gain by leaking.

But why should it be in the timeline you want?

We are a reluctant seller.
What has in all likelihood happened, he has met Levy, Levy has advised him the plans for the summer (players/manager). Kane not over impressed.
Kane feels Levy has reneged on the "gentleman's agreement" they had where Kane was persuaded to stay for one more season last year, and has told him he won't sell him this summer.
Kane unhappy with direction club going and asks his brother to find an alternative destination for him.
Whether Charlie or other clubs he has contacted leak it is up for debate, but based on other info out there my money is it is likely to be from Harry's team.
Time is a factor in it being leaked now, as they want the deal done quickly, and ideally before Euros, so that extra week counts.

Last edited:
Even if it costs us European qualification? A mountain of negativity around the club in the build up to a game? He really couldn't have waited a week, you really think that was too much to ask? Why not wait till after the major tournament, which was when Suarez said he wanted out of Liverpool if I recall?
Yeah.

Firstly I think it is unlikely his representatives didn't consult him before leaking this.
Secondly, if he really didn't want it to become a distraction, then he could have just told his representatives of his desire after the season had finished, rather than now.

He did wait and would have waited. Some snide has leaked this for a hundred quid and a bit of fame. That's the cunt we should be directing this at. H loves spurs and wouldn't do that.

Am absolutely APPALLED and DISGUSTED by the way some people on here are talking about the best player we have seen in a spurs shirt for many a year and someone who has given everything for the cause and the badge. It's making me quite tearful to see how little respect some people here have given the guy who has given us such tremendous highs and exhilaration even in the darker times at our club.
For me, Harry dared to do and I live him for that.

Nobody's even mentioned Moussa Sissoko in here, what are you on about?

Sky and the media at large have been pushing the narrative that he must leave Spurs for the good of his career almost since his breakthrough season, and getting louder with every passing year.

Remove that constant barrage of noise and a young guy earning millions to play football for his boyhood club probably doesn't give as much thought to wanting to leave.

Once he goes, Grealish will probably be next, abd if Kane's replacement were to hit it off, he will get the same treatment.

The only way we stop it happening is to compete.
Do City players constantly get linked to better teams?
It's a simple fact that only certain teams are competitive because of the finances they have. We aren't one of them. Sky aren't fabricating the fact we've won nothing for 14 years and bottled it every chance we've had to do so. That's not on them that's on us.

The only reason for him to stay is to beat Greaves record. Otherwise we can't offer him anything he can't get and more elsewhere.

What has in all likelihood happened, he has met Levy, Levy has advised him the plans for the summer (players/manager). Kane not over impressed.
Kane feels Levy has reneged on the "gentleman's agreement" they had where Kane was persuaded to stay for one more season last year.
Kane unhappy with direction club going and asks his brother to find an alternative destination for him.
Whether Charlie or other clubs he has contacted leak it is up for debate, but based on other info out there my money is it is likely to be from Harry's team.
Time is a factor in it being leaked now, as they want the deal done quickly.
I'm not saying it's my timeline. To counter your argument why should it be in the timeline you want that suits your anti Kane agenda. Allmof your points are relevant but 5 days makes no difference to him wanting to leave so he wouldn't have said it until after the final game. Some snidey bastard in his 'team' leaked this purposely and it's fucked H.

It was his camp
So that means he told them or knew about it prior? Have a word mate.
Do you know everything your mates say or are gonna say about you prior to the event? Course not. He's been fucked over. I've NEVER seen a footballer less likely to do this. There's nothing in his personal or public oersona that makes me think he conspired.
Genuinely if I'm wrong and he admits he leaked it I am happy to be contrite and apologise but my heart and brain cannot believe he would do that

I'm not sure why the word of Sky Sports News is being taken as gospel.
BBC article this morning has the following comment;

"Sources have told BBC Sport that the England captain, who has a contract until 2024, has not handed in an official transfer request or directly communicated a wish to move."

Whereas the Sky Sports article reads;

"Harry Kane has again told Tottenham he wants to leave this summer.

Spurs are now making enquiries about replacement centre-forwards, in the first indication that the club are willing to consider the feelings of their 27-year-old talisman."

Although I'm convinced there is truth in his desire to leave, I'm not buying this supposed conversation actually happened yesterday.

Because the 2 are not necessarily saying different things at all.

BBC has said he has not handed in a transfer request (why would he, that is always a last resort) or DIRECTLY communicated a wish to leave.

Sky say Kane has again told Tottenham he wishes to leave.
That can be through his agent, would still make both Sky and BBC sources "correct"

We are a reluctant seller.
Kane feels Levy has reneged on the "gentleman's agreement" they had where Kane was persuaded to stay for one more season last year, and has told him he won't sell him this summer.
Time is a factor in it being leaked now, as they want the deal done quickly.
Also mate, some of the stuff you use as evidence is merely clickbait posited by the media. Zero proof he consented to the leak. ZERO

I let it get me down,and sulk and rant in the pub.Jokes aside, it gets to me.
My mate clamly points out they are employees and come and go all the time.
I wish i could be like that.
Make no mistakes: it will hurt to me too, but I have been preparing for this for a few seasons now. If he really wants to go , there is nothing we can do. I just don't want another summer saga like Bale's

I'm not saying it's my timeline. To counter your argument why should it be in the timeline you want that suits your anti Kane agenda. Allmof your points are relevant but 5 days makes no difference to him wanting to leave so he wouldn't have said it until after the final game. Some snidey bastard in his 'team' leaked this purposely and it's fucked H.
"Anti-Kane", are you insane? For discussing a major news story. No one has insulted Kane as far as I can see, quite the opposite.

I don't think there is anyway he's sold this summer to an English club. I think the only way he goes is if PSG fork over £130m (€150m).

Next summer with 2 years left on his deal I could see him going to City, unfortunately. But this summer it's almost impossible because no one is going to meet Levy's valuation with 3 years left on his deal.

Back
Top Bottom