Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

[QUOTE="
When asked if it would be hard to turn down one of the Premier League's "big clubs", Kane said: "Tottenham are one of the big clubs. That is the way people have to see it. I am at a big club."[/QUOTE]

Well said Harry boy, Well said.
It's such a shame our chairman don't share your feelings though. And it's also so sad that so many on on here seem to disagree with your Big Club sentiments too.

"Spurs' Kane had several presentable opportunities, but failed to convert any of them."

That didn't take long for the press to move swiftly past the "build them up" phase onto the "knock them down" phase.

Harry can look forward to plenty of this next season. Hope he can handle the negative press as well as the positive.

They're at the "Sign for Man Utd NOW" phase

ferraritoys.jpg

"I am happy at Spurs and I look forward to the future with Spurs," he said.

"I have seen there is interest but that's all I know. It is flattering for other clubs to maybe be interested."

"Tottenham are one of the big clubs. That is the way people have to see it. I am at a big club."

BBC Radio reporting it as "Kane says he is happy to stay at Spurs for the coming season"

Twats

They are all proper muppets with their own agenda. However, as long as we're not in the holy grail that is supposed to be the Champions League they will always link our best players to the best teams.

Kane, though, won't be leaving. We're building a team around him.

BBC wrote before the game that it was a great opportunity for Kane to get in the shop window!

Yup, notice that too...
I sometimes wonder whether the British football Media would rather have just four clubs, ie; Man Utd. Man City, Chelsea, and Arseanal (and probably Liverpool for some) with all 2000+ players in the league registered and signed for just them... then where would it leave the rest of football???

Pricks. careful what you wish for!

This whole Kane saga is very reminiscent of the process Bale went through in the couple of seasons prior to his signing for Madrid. If Kane surpasses or even maintains the levels of the past season in the coming season it will be almost impossible to keep a hold of him, despite these recent quotes. If you think about it, shouting ones loyalty to your club is advantageous in many ways, a win-win situation, and denouncing it or even staying silent is detrimental to your marketing value. A lot of it is to do with building your own publicity and media image, it leads to better sponsors and better deals, and if a bigger club comes along nobody will hold it against you for taking a more lucrative offer. Because of Kane's image as the Cockney lad with a heart of gold and loyalty to Tottenham Football Club; a fan since he was a boy, he has improved his image and marketability exponentially, this will not be affected if he moves on. Sorry to burst everyone's bubbles, but there are a lot of serious delusions flying about on this thread.

Back
Top Bottom