Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If City genuinely wanted Kane they could offers players to make the difference. Players that are on the bench such as Laporte or Silva if they have any real ambition as footballers to actually play football would jump at the chance, those that refuse you would know just want money and are happy sitting on a bench.
Any city player would be on too high wages. Also we would be facilitating the purchase because they do not have the cash.

Still amazed at Kane’s behaviour. You would think some time to think about it but no just fucking weird.

Both disrespectful and very stupid, sorry don’t think a person with this level of brains should be England captain. Can’t even strike at the right time as the bids not in yet, how thick must you be. Total idiot!

They say ignorance is bliss, maybe so but it’s punishment for everyone else.

It really is odd and highly uncharacteristic it would seem. That only makes me think that something significant enough happened behind the scenes and caused him to snap and act like this, or we really had no idea who Kane really was.

He is an incredibly polished person from a media perspective, in that he doesn't stir any controversy and always knows what are the right PR talking points at any given time. I had always taken it that it was just how he is, but now I think that we were just always getting the alternate version of him that he kept hidden.

Kane 200£ M ??? 28 years old !!! if he was 24-26 years ok .

Schadenfreude Reaction GIF by MOODMAN
But Gareth Bale at 32 years of age can command 31m per year in wages alone….

It really is odd and highly uncharacteristic it would seem. That only makes me think that something significant enough happened behind the scenes and caused him to snap and act like this, or we really had no idea who Kane really was.

He is an incredibly polished person from a media perspective, in that he doesn't stir any controversy and always knows what are the right PR talking points at any given time. I had always taken it that it was just how he is, but now I think that we were just always getting the alternate version of him that he kept hidden.

My gut feeling is that he isn’t the sharpest. Charlie is tragic, they probably bought the talk from City behind the scenes expecting them to come in, maybe got a word from Levy he could go. Then had his heart set on a move but City never had the energy for it and the only hope was to lowball the club. Thus all the playacting.

Because of lack of intelligence doesn’t understand the damage he is now doing to his rep, legacy and even future. I have always viewed him as a bit stupid like Prince Harry but without the wild element and I feel he and Charlie have just been amateur. He needs a real agent, he needs to get actual smart people around him.

Remember Gerrard getting death threats when he was potentially going to move to Chelsea?

I'm not saying we should be like the dipper fanbase at all, but holy shit if this exact situation with Kane was going on at Liverpool - I think he'd be in legitimate danger.

Or with any number of clubs in any number of countries that happens not to be England.

Pull that stunt angling for a move to Juventus, while playing for Fiorentina or Napoli, and you'd probably need round the clock protection for life.

What’s strange is that there is no actual bus from anyone yet Kane is trying to force/ engineer a move by portraying the victim. Hoping that clubs will put in lower bids and spurs will accept it as they wouldn’t want an unhappy player in the squad. However he is not just any old player and has a high monetary value to spurs. We set the price not him by going on strike. To me this is out of character for Kane however there may be dark forces behind this to drive the price down. If JG is £100M and lukaku is &120M then HK has got to be north of &150m based on his goals and assist. His got 3 times as many assists as JG.
something stinks here and I think the media are buying it. No other player would get away with this!
it’s simple really if Kane wants to leave he can go as long as someone meets the asking price. Which is determined by THFC and no other fucker!

If he gets his move with these tactics, he won't be a legend in my eyes.

This comes down to loyalty.

If he goes to Man City, I hope he fails in his quest to win 'trophies' at a plastic club which won't appreciate him.

Stay at Tottenham where you're already a legend despite not winning anything. Why should you care what others think?

I get ridiculed all the time for supporting Tottenham but I still do it. Every season.

All of the very top players see it as a must to win trophies. It's not like Kane is some kind of exception. He has next to sod all chance of winning the biggest trophies with us, while Levy is around. We couldn't do it even when we had a fantastic side with the likes of Eriksen, Dembele and Vertonghen so what chance do we realistically have now? Up to Kane pissing a lot of people off a couple of days ago, we should have been somewhat grateful that he's hung around for as long as he has.

All of the very top players see it as a must to win trophies. It's not like Kane is some kind of exception. He has next to sod all chance of winning the biggest trophies with us, while Levy is around. We couldn't do it even when we had a fantastic side with the likes of Eriksen, Dembele and Vertonghen so what chance do we have now?
You say when "Levy is around" but was Levy not around when we were in semi-finals, quarter-finals, CL final, league cup finals and league title races?

Kane 200£ M ??? 28 years old !!! if he was 24-26 years ok .

Schadenfreude Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

28 is new 24!!! His current childish act aside, he is a true pro with his body. He's likely to be able to play at the current level until his mid 30's, maybe beyond.

If his ancles hold up!!! Clearly we sold Lamela too early. He'd have sorted that right out after we get our fee :lamelaaghh:

Still amazed at Kane’s behaviour. You would think some time to think about it but no just fucking weird.

Both disrespectful and very stupid, sorry don’t think a person with this level of brains should be England captain. Can’t even strike at the right time as the bids not in yet, how thick must you be. Total idiot!

They say ignorance is bliss, maybe so but it’s punishment for everyone else.
He *has* to be getting advice from City.

They will be telling him to keep his head down, go on strike and then they will make an offer.

Reckon we’ll get a bid on Friday. Kane’s camp will then use that bid as a discussion point with Levy next week.

One thing to consider is the love of the club. You don’t have to be local to love this club.

VDV - he never stops talking about us.

Vertoghen - maybe our most loyal ever player, for 2-3 seasons the best ball playing CB in world football. Got an offer from Barcelona and rejected in 2014, he could have played for anyone and stayed with us. Something to remember

Townsend - maybe not good enough but was
Devastated to leave us. Ok he was local but he lived the fan dream.

For all Kane’s antics it’s important to remember not all footballers behave this way.
Or Lamela. Sweet shark eyed Lamela.

He had hips of glass and hamstrings of paper but whenever he put the shirt on he went to war.

:lamelaaghh:

You say when "Levy is around" but was Levy not around when we were in semi-finals, quarter-finals, CL final, league cup finals and league title races?

We've won nothing under him. Doesn't matter about making semi's and finals or whatever. You either win or you don't. We had an exciting period under Pochettino, largely because of Pochettino, but that's long gone.

He *has* to be getting advice from City.

They will be telling him to keep his head down, go on strike and then they will make an offer.

Reckon we’ll get a bid on Friday. Kane’s camp will then use that bid as a discussion point with Levy next week.

Yeh but Levy won’t accept a lowball, club rumoured to want £200m and I don’t blame them but I can imagine a £160-170m fee working. If Man City stick to £100m they might as well suck Levy’s dick.

We've won nothing under him. Doesn't matter about making semi's and finals or whatever. You either win or you don't. We had an exciting period under Pochettino, largely because of Pochettino, but that's long gone.
You said he has "sod all chance to win.." but the fact we were that close means he had very good chances to win. Maybe if Kane and some others stepped up in those big games we would have won. You can't put that on Levy.

You said he has "sod all chance to win.." but the fact we were that close means he had very good chances to win. Maybe if Kane and some others stepped up in those big games we would have won. You can't put that on Levy.

At least you said "Kane and some others" and not just Kane I suppose.

As of now we have zero chance. Average manager. Average squad. Same wank stain of a chairman. And our best player wants out.

Back
Top Bottom