Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Did you read a single word of my very short post?

Let me repeat it for you.

"A question that stretches back far beyond this past summer.... WDF has happened to his hold-up play???????"

By that I mean the last 2 years or more.....

Absolutely nothing was wrong with his hold up play last season. If you pretend that there was I'm sure you'll be able to convince yourself that you're actually right eventually.

Absolutely nothing was wrong with his hold up play last season. If you pretend that there was I'm sure you'll be able to convince yourself that you're actually right eventually.

It has been far from what it once was for a fairly long time...... Very rarely wins headers.... Rarely wins FKs anymore either...... He used to consistently do both.

The biggest issue with Kane's hold up play this year is the shit balls he is constantly getting. I am not sure he has had much opportunity to hold anything up with the (lack of) quality of passes he is getting.

The biggest issue with Kane's hold up play this year is the shit balls he is constantly getting. I am not sure he has had much opportunity to hold anything up with the (lack of) quality of passes he is getting.

"It has been far from what it once was for a fairly long time......"

"By that I mean the last 2 years or more....."

He used to boss loose aerial balls in the final 3rd..... Not anymore.

"It has been far from what it once was for a fairly long time......"

"By that I mean the last 2 years or more....."

He used to boss loose aerial balls in the final 3rd..... Not anymore.

You being wrong about his hold up play doesn't change because you repeat the lie over and over again. I know that is what you have been led to believe with your Levy apologists post but it isn't reality.

I still think this whole thing came down to him not having a professional agent (and it doesn't even need to be a Mendez, just a professional). A real agent gets City to offer 120 cash with 15 in add ons, Kane goes to City, we sign Vlahovic or Martinez and everyone moves on.

Could be an eventual blessing in disguise I suppose. We're now getting close to everyone realizing we have to move on.

You being wrong about his hold up play doesn't change because you repeat the lie over and over again. I know that is what you have been led to believe with your Levy apologists post but it isn't reality.

It's anything but an exclusive opinion.

Got nothing to do with Levy.... Don't meme yourself, you silly, silly boy.

I still think this whole thing came down to him not having a professional agent (and it doesn't even need to be a Mendez, just a professional). A real agent gets City to offer 120 cash with 15 in add ons, Kane goes to City, we sign Vlahovic or Martinez and everyone moves on.

Could be an eventual blessing in disguise I suppose. We're now getting close to everyone realizing we have to move on.

How does an agent get City to do that?

City knew what it would take and had the money to pay it. For whatever reason they did not do that, and it appears like it may have been a really bad decision by them early on in the season.

How does an agent get City to do that?

City knew what it would take and had the money to pay it. For whatever reason they did not do that, and it appears like it may have been a really bad decision by them early on in the season.

Multiple ways, but starting with keeping Kane doing to the right things and not talking to the media the way he did both overtly and his camp did after (there would of course be the normal BS, but not to the level it got). Kane showing up at training, ect.

At that point I think Spurs and City got into a PR war and not a transfer one. A smart agent talking to both sides can smooth this type of transfer (even with behind the scenes indications that Harry won't play his best, doesn't want to get injured, ect.). But once the PR war was in full effect I think both sides went cold. They were some reports City probably was willing to go 130 but Levy wouldn't talk (and I'm not sure I blame him with the way Kane and City handled this). I think an agent could have helped all sides negotiate on this one from much earlier in the process.

Multiple ways, but starting with keeping Kane doing to the right things and not talking to the media the way he did both overtly and his camp did after (there would of course be the normal BS, but not to the level it got). Kane showing up at training, ect.

At that point I think Spurs and City got into a PR war and not a transfer one. A smart agent talking to both sides can smooth this type of transfer (even with behind the scenes indications that Harry won't play his best, doesn't want to get injured, ect.). But once the PR war was in full effect I think both sides went cold. They were some reports City probably was willing to go 130 but Levy wouldn't talk (and I'm not sure I blame him with the way Kane and City handled this). I think an agent could have helped all sides negotiate on this one from much earlier in the process.

Maybe, but Levy is 100% about money, zero chance that he would have given up money because he was worried about PR.

City could have come in with 150m (or whatever it would take) and Levy would have ripped their hands off to take no matter what Kane had done.

The reason the deal didn't happen is that City decided they didn't want Kane or any other striker, an agent can't change that thinking.

The reason the deal didn't happen is that City decided they didn't want Kane or any other striker.

So Pep spent much of the summer pouting about not being able to afford one; us being meanies for not negotiating and then made his seriously bitter statement once the window closed ALL because he didn't want a striker in the first place?

:dawsonlol:

So Pep spent much of the summer pouting about not being able to afford one; us being meanies for not negotiating and then made his seriously bitter statement once the window closed ALL because he didn't want a striker in the first place?

:dawsonlol:

I guess so.

City has all the money in the world, there is zero price they can't pay to buy a player and yet here they are with zero strikers bought.

It wasn't because of PR or lack of agent smoothing things over, it was a choice they made. Could easily been out of Pep's hands. The way he has been lashing out in public lately could indicate that he is no longer happy with the way things are run there.

Back
Top Bottom