Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

To be clear I said City.

And the evidence is clear as day they didn't buy one.

Don't try to move the goalposts.....

You said

"I guess so"

to the following post:

"So Pep spent much of the summer pouting about not being able to afford one; us being meanies for not negotiating and then made his seriously bitter statement once the window closed ALL because he didn't want a striker in the first place?"

(No mention of City in my comment AT ALL!)

Naughty, Iggy-Pops.

But ignoring reality and posting stupid pictures if it makes you feel better.

Ummm... Yeh, about that "reality". You might wanna check yourself.......

Don't try to move the goalposts.....

You said

"I guess so"

to the following post:

"So Pep spent much of the summer pouting about not being able to afford one; us being meanies for not negotiating and then made his seriously bitter statement once the window closed ALL because he didn't want a striker in the first place?"

(No mention of City in my comment AT ALL!)

Naughty, Iggy-Pops.

Ummm... Yeh, about that "reality". You might wanna check yourself.......

I have been talking about City all along, you talking about Pep doesn't change anything it isn't moving the goalposts.

You trying to change things to have a pathetic gotcha moment doesn't change the FACT i have been talking about City. All it does is show that you can't argue without changing the points and making shit up.

I have been talking about City all along, you talking about Pep doesn't change anything it isn't moving the goalposts.

Perhaps you didn't mean to quote my post about Pep then?

You should take more care, babes... Good job it's just an error between two good friends. :dierpochhug:

I have supported Spurs since I was a child some 75 years ago. I don’t live nearby and it was only in the 1960’s that I was able to see Tottenham in action as I was working in Epping and going to see midweek matches with the greatest striker, Jimmy Greaves (with Gilsean) so this is not a criticism. If I have come to the wrong site I apologise but I have a question which I hope that you will consider and pass it to the appropriate area for an answer. I am serious, I really would like an answer!

I watched Spurs and specifically a brilliant striker, Harry Kane. He spent most of his time creating chances(?). he’s a goal scorer!! What was he doing midfield? Very few goals are scored from this position. What a waste.

I then watched Man United who have recently acquired Ronaldo. Forget the penalties that he might been awarded, where was he? Certainly not in the midfield; no, he was in the box where he could score goals or create chances.

With due respect to managers and players, what a waste of talent and clearly if this continues Tottenham is unlikely to achieve any trophies in the way they did in the 60’s. First to do the double etcetera.

I have written this as a complaint and I would like to receive an answer as I am perplexed. I am sure I am not the only one.

Regards

Robert Sanderson

There is absolutely no way any club of any stature will go for him watching him right now.

He'll be lucky to get a move to Crystal Palace.

Both sides of this have monumentally fucked this up.

But Kane is to blame for engineering the situation.

There is absolutely no way any club of any stature will go for him watching him right now.

He'll be lucky to get a move to Crystal Palace.

Both sides of this have monumentally fucked this up.

But Kane is to blame for engineering the situation.

A team will go for him. His bad form will be put down to him not wanting to be here. What nobody will be doing however is offering a big fee, we'll be extremely fortunate to get anything over 75m or so if he plays like this till January/whenever we can possibly get rid.

A team will go for him. His bad form will be put down to him not wanting to be here. What nobody will be doing however is offering a big fee, we'll be extremely fortunate to get anything over 75m or so if he plays like this till January/whenever we can possibly get rid.
Not a team of any stature.

United have Ronaldo.
City will not deal with us again and will likely get Haaland.
Chelsea have Lukaku.
PSG have everyone.
Barca are skint.
Real will have Mbappe.
Bayern will not pay such a fee.

Which is all that was being offered anyway......

Soooo, all those people who didn't think we should take £120m for him.........

He looks more and more pissed off that he's still here with every passing team catastrophe. Hasn't scored. Hasn't really come close to scoring.

Was it worth it?

Cause it won't be anywhere near £120m next time an offer comes.
1 less year on his contract, even more older and slower and possibly with a terrible season. Noway on earth is anyone paying £120m for him.

Levy failed on so many levels.
He failed spurs for not improving our squad by using the Kane money.
He failed Kane not letting him go and not improving the players around him.
He failed himself for not negotiating with city and now will end up with much less than we could have.

United have Ronaldo.
Chelsea have Lukaku.
PSG have everyone.
Barca are skint.
Real will have Mbappe.
And again, Kane would refuse a move away from the Premier League.

It was extremely forseeable that City’s interest this summer was our only chance to recoup a nine figure fee for Kane.

United have Ronaldo.
Chelsea have Lukaku.
PSG have everyone.
Barca are skint.
Real will have Mbappe.

I could still see United going for it if he was in the 75/80m bracket. Ronaldo is 36 and Cavani will probably be gone at the end of the season, another CF at the club wouldn't be an issue. For that price it's barely even a risk for them.

And City imo would still go back in for him if he was available for that too. They'd probably feel very smug that in the end they got what they wanted for that price. That is unless as you say, they get Haaland.

Which proves what? On current form these three are best we have at our disposal. Sentiment aside its time we returned to being a meritocracy . It was the first great thing Pochettino got right.
It proves that Kane being a bit shit against Palace and Chelsea isn't the reason Spurs were horrendous in those games. The other post suggests reverting to the 3 that played against City because we scored one breakaway goal as the answer. It's not. Kane would score more than Bergwjin and Moura combined and multiplied by 2. They're not good when given chances.

United have Ronaldo.
Chelsea have Lukaku.
PSG have everyone.
Barca are skint.
Real will have Mbappe.

I can see that snap-shot as per next summer, but Haaland & Mbappe won't move in Jan.

Perhaps if Poch is still there, maybe Kane-PSG / Mbappe-RM has legs in the summer...... Except for HKs fading chances of beating Shearer's record...... Then again, if he bins this season off, it may well become a choice of trophies vs personal accolades.

Kane is playing shit, he needs to be better.

But fuck me, is it hard being a forward in this team or what? At least with Mourinho, in the early days anyway, there were chances created in transition (and Kane was a big part of the creation to be fair). The team as it stands right now is devoid of creativity.

City wanted Kane but Levy refused to negotiate, pretty simple really.

There is zero evidence this is the case and plenty of reports that the opposite is the case.

Also you really think that City was Kane or bust? They bought no striker in, if they were that desperate for Kane but Levy wouldn’t negotiate surely they would have brought someone else in.

There is zero evidence this is the case and plenty of reports that the opposite is the case.

Also you really think that City was Kane or bust? They bought no striker in, if they were that desperate for Kane but Levy wouldn’t negotiate surely they would have brought someone else in.

Evidently you ignored the part when they missed out on Ronaldo because United entered the fray at the final hour?

Back
Top Bottom