Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Very, very nervous. He couldn't even walk and he's not one to stay down or exaggerate injuries.

His ankle is about to be very swollen for a few days I reckon. Not a bad injury if you don't have previous (like Wilshere).
Your ankle hurts like a fucking cunt, and it's a bloody nightmare getting around, even getting to sleep.
But he won't be away too long, they'll have him straight to the locker room for some RICE treatment and he'll be gone for maybe two weeks at most.

However, I'm no doctor, so this is just speculation.

CspwO1pWIAAfoxQ.jpg

Finally saw the Kane of old today. He was pressing and his hold up play was top notch. He even did some excellent passing. Then he gets injured. Janssen needs to step up now. That shot at the end was pathetic, no more of that please.

Could be anything from a mild ankle sprain to something much, much worse. Just because didn't want to put any weight on it doesn't mean too much to be honest. He did walk off the field, albeit gingerly.

Also though he played his best game of the season today. All over the final third, excellent at creating chances, just needs to figure out how to consistently get that half step of space to shoot.

Walking off the pitch isn't really much of an indication of anything. Not saying he's broken his leg, but you can do that for a while everything's still in alignment. We're really not going to know anything until we hear from the club.

Walking off the pitch isn't really much of an indication of anything. Not saying he's broken his leg, but you can do that for a while everything's still in alignment. We're really not going to know anything until we hear from the club.

Let's not forget that they then got the stretcher out and wheeled him out on it. It doesn't look too good.

Yeah I could be wrong but I think the stretcher might be a necessity for any kind of bad strain, just in case it does turn out to be something worse. Considering how much these players are insured for now they take no risks on potentially bad injuries anymore. The days of Gary Mabutt attempting to run off a broken leg at the side of the pitch and finishing his season on the opening weekend are long gone.

From a doctor's point of view it made sense to make sure any injury didn't get worse by walking of the pitch. Let's just cross our fingers that the injury isn't bad.

I've done that shit at indoor and played on. Not fun but if you don't mess around with it, it heals fairly quickly. Give him a couple of weeks and he should be okay. Vince gets a run at it now too

Think he will at least miss the next 4 matches. Hopefully he will not be called up for internationals and be fit for first match after that. Let's hope it is not longer. At least he gets a rest that we all think he needs if you count trying to get fit as a rest.

I think 4-6 weeks if it IS ligament damage...
His ankle didn't half go over awkwardly as he fell... unless he's got elastic ligaments I can't imagine that would be anything other than a spell out of the team.

Still... we've got Sonny & Janssen to do all the scoring for us now...
Which reminds me... did Janssen actually mean to hit the top of the new Stadium Cranes with that 'wild shot' yesterday??

'cos he wasn't far off!

I've done that shit at indoor and played on. Not fun but if you don't mess around with it, it heals fairly quickly. Give him a couple of weeks and he should be okay. Vince gets a run at it now too

You can't tell from the pictures. There are a lot of structures that can be ruptured, bones can be broken. We'll have to wait for the scan.

Back
Top Bottom