Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don't see many, if anyone, saying he's world-class though. You can not be world-class but still be a very fine player. He has been world-class - His record proves that. At the moment he's clearly been a million miles away from being that player, and maybe he never will return to what he was. Just still a bit too soon to start writing him off and making him sound like Michael Ricketts.

Haha
New Mantra:

TFC DOESNT THINK KANE IS WORLD CLASS SAMMY MADE IT ALL UP

:harrylol:

Haha
New Mantra:

Who has said he is world-class this season though? For a player of his ability he's been dog shit. Clearly you don't think he's been world-class at any point, but his record suggests otherwise.

Oh dear..
First it was 'only a few games in'......now it's up to 'not even halfway through the season yet'
What's next Tyler 'come on Sammy it's not even Easter yet?'
Your argument's dying on its arse I'm afraid.....🤷‍♂️

If you want to completely write off a player who has been brilliant for 9 or so season's because of a few poor months, like a helmet, knock yourself out.

If you want to completely write off a player who has been brilliant for 9 or so season's because of a few poor months, like a helmet, knock yourself out.
But he hasn’t been brilliant for 9 straight years. He broke through in 2014 to start with.
If you bothered to look at his game instead of just counting all his goals against Brighton and LASK the last few seasons, you’d understand

Have you played golf with a legitimately good golfer that can hit the ball 300-350 yards down the middle with a swing speed of 120-130+ miles per hour? Once you do, try swinging a club 120+ MPH yourself and let me know how that goes.
Golfers have to be strong but not necessarily FIT..

But he hasn’t been brilliant for 9 straight years. He broke through in 2014 to start with.
If you bothered to look at his game instead of just counting all his goals against Brighton and LASK the last few seasons, you’d understand

Ahh. I forgot goals don't count in the Premier League unless they're all against City, Liverpool, Chelsea and United. My bad.

Who has said he is world-class this season though? For a player of his ability he's been dog shit. Clearly you don't think he's been world-class at any point, but his record suggests otherwise.
I think Mr Madrid is right about "world class" players. Somebody needs to come up with a definitive explanation of the term.

I think Mr Madrid is right about "world class" players. Somebody needs to come up with a definitive explanation of the term.

Well everyone has a different idea what world-class is. It's subjective. I do think it generally gets thrown about too loosely. But Harry, regardless of who the majority are against, has consistently challenged for the Golden Boot in what's the toughest competition in Europe, all while playing for a side that's far from world-class. Although we did have a very good team for two or three seasons. So, for me, he has been world-class. I think consistency is a big part of it, doing it over a number of season's.

Ahh. I forgot goals don't count in the Premier League unless they're all against City, Liverpool, Chelsea and United. My bad.
They do count, never said they didn’t.

But the best players also perform and score against the best teams regularly

Do you genuinely disagree with that?
Or maybe you think scoring against Brighton is like scoring against City?

But Harry, regardless of who the majority are against, has consistently challenged for the Golden Boot in what's the toughest competition in Europe, all while playing for a side that's far from world-class.
"Where would we be without all of Kane's goals and assists?"

Outside of making the CL Final and competing for a top 4 spot in the League?

Likewise, when he finds form and goes on a scoring run, what excuses are you going to come up with then? Or are you going to be man enough to admit you were mostly talking trash, especially when writing him off as a player and saying he's finished? Somehow I highly doubt it will be the latter. You'll just rant about xG as usual that nobody else really cares about.
Scoring a couple tap ins, penalties or high xG opportunities does not make a player world class.

It just means they were just there.

Haha
New Mantra:

"...b...bu...but....Nuno!"
"...b...bu....but... our midfield!"
"...b...bu....but... it's the team!"
"...b...bu...but...you don't need to score against good teams to win the league!"
"...b...bu...but...goal conversion rate and xG don't matter!"
"...b...bu...but....Son and Moura!"
"...b...bu...but....those 2 long passes against Leeds!"

1600 pages later...

"...b...bu....but... no one said he was world class"

:mourweird:

So when it suits your arguement you look at his all round game but when hes not scoring you only look at his goals 👍 sounds about right.

Back
Top Bottom