Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So when it suits your arguement you look at his all round game but when hes not scoring you only look at his goals 👍 sounds about right.
I always look at his all round game

Here’s a post from Oct 17 during the Newcastle game
Had to put Kane in there, who’s been good even without the goal

Nothing to do with “when it suits” at all.
When Kane plays well, I’ll give him credit. He is often shit in games but scores, sometimes he’s good in games but might not, or might indeed score too.

The difference between me and you is that I can tell the difference between someone playing well, and someone playing poor.

But for a striker, there comes a time when you need to starting scoring goals.
If Kane had played well all season and was still on one goal, it would still be a problem.

Last edited:
I think Mr Madrid is right about "world class" players. Somebody needs to come up with a definitive explanation of the term.
It’s simple. World class is the best in the business and they are judged against their peers.

That’s why the world of football will talk about Lewandoski or Drogba in 30 years and only Spurs fans will talk about Kane

It only gets confusing when people say things like “take out Ronaldo and he’s world class”
To be world class you need to be able to rub shoulders with Ronaldo, not use him as some kind of Joker in the pack……”awwwww I played in the same era as Ronaldo and Messi so it’s not fair”

Seth Meyers Lol GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

I
I always look at his all round game

Here’s a post from Oct 17 during the Newcastle game

Nothing to do with “when it suits” at all.
When Kane plays well, I’ll give him credit. He is often shit in games but scores, sometimes he’s good in games but might not, or might indeed score too.

The difference between me and you is that I can tell the difference between someone playing well, and someone playing poor.

If Kane had played well all season and was still on one goal, it would still be a problem.
I have said here on multiple occasions as have most people how bad kane has been this year. Its actually impossible to miss how many times its been said

It’s simple. World class is the best in the business and they are judged against their peers.

That’s why the world of football will talk about Lewandoski or Drogba in 30 years and only Spurs fans will talk about Kane

It only gets confusing when people say things like “take out Ronaldo and he’s world class”
To be world class you need to be able to rub shoulders with Ronaldo, not use him as some kind of Joker in the pack……”awwwww I played in the same era as Ronaldo and Messi so it’s not fair”
Was drogba and is lewandowski on a level with peak ronaldo and messi?

Drogba was never at Kane's level good striker but only in a financially doped Chelsea side. Kane is world class and only idiots who have a chip on their shoulder will not admit it. When we are back from this Covid break I am sure Kane's season will take off.

What, like a striker that has scored nearly 230 goals in just over 350 games? One that has also scored nearly 50 goals in less than 70 games for his country? One who wins and competes for the Golden Boot year after year in the most difficult competition in Europe, and has also won it in a World Cup? One who's career record is only bettered by a handful of players on the planet?

Yeah, it would have been quite wonderful to have a player like that in our team over the years. Oh, wait!

Interesting perspective on Kane from 2 Americans (1 supports Liverpool, 1 supports Palace) on their fantasy football (FMLFPL) podcast following our Brentford win.

9 minute segment on Kane, Conte and Spurs going forward. 24:00-33:00. *** NSFW language.****

Last edited:

Interesting perspective on Kane from 2 Americans (1 supports Liverpool, 1 supports Palace) on their fantasy football (FMLFPL) podcast following our Brentford win.

9 minute segment on Kane, Conte and Spurs going forward. 24:00-33:00. *** NSFW language.****

Never thought I'd listen to two bonefide clueless twats who speak absolute shit about Kane other than our two residents thickos in here but alas...

What, like a striker that has scored nearly 230 goals in just over 350 games? One that has also scored nearly 50 goals in less than 70 games for his country? One who wins and competes for the Golden Boot year after year in the most difficult competition in Europe, and has also won it in a World Cup? One who's career record is only bettered by a handful of players on the planet?

Yeah, it would have been quite wonderful to have a player like that in our team over the years. Oh, wait!

So if Lloris starts letting in 2 howlers a game and dropping every cross we should stick with him because he won the World Cup and has been been good for the last 7 years?

Nah. You drop him.

Last edited:
Drogba was never at Kane's level good striker but only in a financially doped Chelsea side. Kane is world class and only idiots who have a chip on their shoulder will not admit it. When we are back from this Covid break I am sure Kane's season will take off.
Yeah scoring ten goals in ten finals is definitely not on Kane’s level

Dunno about Drogba, but Lewandoski is a fair shout

So if Lloris starts letting in 2 howlers a game and dropping every cross we should stick with him because he win the World Cup and has been been good for the last 7 years?

Nah. You drop him.

No, of course not. But you're often not just talking about this season only, are you?

Back
Top Bottom